Italy-Stadium projects and developments (3 Viewers)

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
Actually that is a massive myth. There is easily more Juve fans than Torino fans in Turin these days. Maybe 50-60 years ago that "fact" was correct.
I don't buy it either...I'd like to see some stats on this. If you look at attendances over the last 10 or 20 years Torino usually average below 20,000 closer to 15,000, whereas Juve was usually above 30,000 and closer to 40,000. Stadium attendances certainly indicate Juve being more popular than Torino in the city of Turin.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
would be awesome if 18 teams in Serie A had modern stadiums and the Milano trannies were stuck with San Zero for eternity paying the city for rent :evil:

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #486
    I can see the Roma stadium being built, they have fairly serious owners who know that playing out of a rented, expensive and cavernous stadium is no good for their bottom line. But is the Udinese one going ahead for sure? It seems those pics are from their official website, hope it does happen soon. Looks great.
    Yes, they are going to start soon. They already renovated the main stand, they have the city council's backing and so on.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
    Moratti met with the Vice President of Mabetex regarding the new stadium project. Mabetex is the company owned by the richest guy from Kosovo, Behxhet Pacolli, he was president of Kosovo for a month or so!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Moratti met with the Vice President of Mabetex regarding the new stadium project. Mabetex is the company owned by the richest guy from Kosovo, Behxhet Pacolli, he was president of Kosovo for a month or so!
    crooks minglin' with crooks, nothing new there :agree:

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    With a bit of luck italian teams can sort out their stadiums and then they can sort out some decent television coverage. Serie A suffers from not looking like a nice total package. even if the quality of the games are decent, it looks terrible on TV. The spectacle just isn't there.

I often will sit and attempt to watch EPL games. and If Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City aren't playing (even if they are in some situations), the gloss of the pretty picture wears off with me quite quickly. The games are often terrible to watch. The teams are often poorly coached, tactically inept and more often than not extremely one-dimensional. But it looks pretty on TV so that shit sells...

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Fiorentina have finally agreed with the city council to get their stadio built

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/201...um/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Fiorentina have clinched an agreement with Florence City Council to build a new stadium for the club in the Mercafir area of the city.

The club have been trying to agree such a deal for over two years and have finally secured the relevant permission to go ahead with the project.

The Viola will own their own stadium and the adjoining citadel will also be under the ownership of the club and the business model is said to be along the lines of the Juventus Stadium.

A price of €150 is being touted for the building of their new home and a non-Italian partnership will pay part of that cost.

There will be many commercial facilities on site as well as a hotel, offices, houses and neighbourhood shops.

The City of Florence and the club will work closely in conjunction with each other for the duration of the project.

Fiorentina have played at their current home, the Artemio Franchi, since 1931.
    This will be hell of a stadium then :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)