Italy-Russia (7 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We played a pretty good game, and I was impressed by the "newcomers" who came on in the second half. Gila had a nice goal, and Barone, not to be out-done had a missle of a shot that hit the inside of the post, before it shot into the other side

As far as the rest go :

Totti, Vieri, Montella - all had a decent first half, and created many chances. Bobo and Vincenzo did everything but score !!

Canna- had a solid game at the back

Materazzi- not Azzurri material, I gasp every time he gets near the ball

Gatusso- the most improved Azzurro IMO....this guy has practiced his ball skills, and it shows

Pirlo- crancked the post on a free kick, and played a solid half, before being subbed out (possible injury)

Blasi- he reminds me of Gatusso void of any skill. He's tough, but that just wont cut it for the Azzurri

Pancaro- I thought he had a good game in place of Zamby...he hustles and comes up the flank to attack just like Gianluca

Buffon- had a solid game, the defense was a little poor on a few occasions, and Russia almost scored twice, but Buffon wouldnt have been to blame

The defense (besides Canna) needs some work IMO.....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
We played a pretty good game, and I was impressed by the "newcomers" who came on in the second half. Gila had a nice goal, and Barone, not to be out-done had a missle of a shot that hit the inside of the post, before it shot into the other side
oh.... my..... god :D

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Vinman in positive post shocker!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOL !!!!

Read the bottom of my post...the defense needs some work (even though we had a clean-sheet)

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Gilardino instead of Montella.
I know you didnt watch the game....

Montella would have probably scored, had he not been taken out after the first half...

He came close on a few occasions

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
2 beautiful goals, Gilardino's goal was very nice, he shot a volley from a very narrow angle

Barone's goal was a long shot that hit the post twice while it was going in, he also cried when he scored :touched:

Montella missed many chances in the first half

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
NICE, someone upload goals please, couldnt see the game. IT was all black on RaiUno, those feckin Italians...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)