Italian Football in Decline? (4 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Shyne said:
article reminds me of those annoying english CL announcers. try to act fair and balanced, but they are clearly biased.

LOVE YA! MAN! :agree:

I really hate that and I love it when somebody brings it up!

As for the article itself, as Denco said, if we compare Serie A with its past then hell ya, Serie A is in decline, remember the late 80s and early 90s, Serie A was Hollywoood!!.....but if we compare to other leagues? Not by a long shot..

The best and most fair title would be "EPL rising", just because the premiership is getting more attractive to big name stars doesn't mean the serie A is in decline. In fact the ONLY reason they are doing better now is because of the media bias they are getting, its not the FOOTBALL quality or entertainment..but because u have 4 re-runs of an EPL game during the week at ESPN and a whole shit load of other advertisement that create the hype of EPL as the world's premier league.

Surely, Italian team's dominance in CL is reviving after a stint when italian teams were doing poorly.

As for Juve I think its unfair to say that Capello are only thinking about short term goals and not long term. Try to understand the situation US fans put on Juventus. Would you guys really tolerate 1-2 mediocre seasons in midtable?
Can you blame Capello for trying to bring Juve back after alot of pressure by the media and fans for our 3rd place 2003/2004 season? We all though it would be a transistion year but instead won the scudetto.

Don't get me wrong Im not defending Capello for his work this year but it would be overcritical if we look for inches of mistakes while we do have miles of success. Our history has shown us that we are not good in CL, its not like we've been regular winners and then all of a sudden miss out.

What Juventus club are trying to do is ALWAYS stay on top, without the normal Lifecycle which includes transistion periods and the like. And accomplishing this we are in a way doing what Inter and Madrid have done, only that we have pulled out better results.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm very surprised that the author has the cheek not to mention that for EPL's rise, a lot of it comes from Chelsea's wealth. The Blues r winning day in and day out and Mourinho's quotes r so hilarious. This definitely attarcts many people to watch them. Moreover they play entertaining football IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)