italia vs Czech Republic(22/06/2006) (16 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
juventino19 said:
Italy only needs a draw to get through regardless of the other result, so expect them to go through but not without a heart-attack of a game
But this is the type of game where even a draw is so hard to get. It's either now or never. I'm sure Lippi and his men won't rest on their laurels either

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
juventino19 said:
Italy only needs a draw to get through regardless of the other result, so expect them to go through but not without a heart-attack of a game
even with a defeat,that we sure dont hope they can qualify
a draw between ghana and usa and probably also a usa win will send italy to the second round regardless of the result of their match against czechs

Sep 14, 2003
The problem once again from Italy will be that we only need a draw, I'm afraid our mentality will be to play safe and for the draw.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Play Oddo in Zaccardo's place....Del Piero and Totti together...Inzaghi upfront... Pippo knows how to get a goal and where to stand/Be...I say start him this game..

Gattuso-Pirlo-Camo....in the midfield....

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I was really getting confused coz other websites kept saying we'd have to hope for Ghana 2 draw if we draw but as mentioned, a draw will get us through to the next round regardless of the other game. Even a loss as well provided it isnt a heavy on and the US dont win heavily too. It's quite ironic now that after the animosity in yesterday's game, the US need us to beat the Czechs for them to have qualification in their own hands.
I would go with

----------------------------------Buffon---------------------------
----Oddo-----------Nesta----------------Canna(c)---Zambro---
---------Camo---------------Pirlo--------------------Gattuso----
---------Gila------------------Toni---------------------ADP------

All the full-back shuffling worries me though. IMO Pirlo has definately been our best player in going forward. It's good his found himself. Canna and Nesta have been superb at the back. I have faith we'll do well coz Italia flops against 'smaller' teams but does well against the 'bigger' ones

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Brixity said:
I was really getting confused coz other websites kept saying we'd have to hope for Ghana 2 draw if we draw but as mentioned, a draw will get us through to the next round regardless of the other game. Even a loss as well provided it isnt a heavy on and the US dont win heavily too. It's quite ironic now that after the animosity in yesterday's game, the US need us to beat the Czechs for them to have qualification in their own hands.
I would go with

----------------------------------Buffon---------------------------
----Oddo-----------Nesta----------------Canna(c)---Zambro---
---------Camo---------------Pirlo--------------------Gattuso----
---------Gila------------------Toni---------------------ADP------

All the full-back shuffling worries me though. IMO Pirlo has definately been our best player in going forward. It's good his found himself. Canna and Nesta have been superb at the back. I have faith we'll do well coz Italia flops against 'smaller' teams but does well against the 'bigger' ones
Yep, exactly what Lippi is going to do.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I aint sos ure about that type of formation, we almost saw that yesterday when we decided to play manay forwards up front and nothing could ever be created. Make no mistake galasek/polak will be marking pirlo tightly and really I believe a simple 4-4-2 would be ideal. Infact a 3-5-2 wouldnt hurt either. The Czechs are without there three main strikers, Baros, Koller, and not Votlenc who is suspended. This ideally is good news. Which means the Czech will once again play there same formation without sticking two up front. Now that should ideally mean that Sionko will play up front or Marek Heinz. Which one of this would pose the most threat is possibly debateble but I would put my money on Heinz. Sionko if im right played most of his career as a right winger, proberly not the best of finishers. Heinz has scored much more goals and is dangerous with freekicks not that czechs will have less options when it comes to it. Heinz has also done well this season at gala unlike sionko but prolly not as fast as the latter. In reality the more bodys we have in midfield the better. Rosicky and nedved need to be kept quite which is why I would actually be a 4-4-2 so that both Perrota (if well) and Gattuso keep these guys quiet. Plasil on the left is a joke (as is jankolvski, when needed) and I really hope they continue to play there whilst Poborsky will cause problems for zambro on there right and I just hope zambro will be back to his best. Infact at times I would say its best if Zambro switches to the right now and again. I will stick with zaccardo, simply because of his ability to defend better than oddo. Overall this is my formation

-----------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------------
--------------------------Nesta---------Canna-------------------------------------
-------Zaccardo-----------------------------------------------Zambro-------------
--- Camo-------- Gattuso----- Perrota----------Pirlo-----------------
----------------------------Toni-----------Inzaghi--------------

Although the shape looks flat, Pirlo should come and play behind both Toni and Inzaghi stretching it to a 4-3-1-2 but going to a flat when under difficulties from teh czech midfield dynamos. I dont care what people say about gilardino or how much they rate him, but this is a match for experience sharp offside breaker players, and there really isnt many that are as good as inzaghi himself.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i dont know what formation to use, we have to wait and see who will be fit and who will miss because of injurys. if koller and baros are out, italy could use more attacking formation, but if they are going to play, then more defensive . koller is a monster.

considering what players czechs have in midfield, we need a strong defensive midfielder, so i would go with rino-pirlo duo. and play camo also!!! because its gona be hard to attack through the middle.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Perrotta doubt for Czech clash Sunday 18 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Daniele De Rossi suspended, Simone Perrotta is also a major doubt for the Group E decider against the Czech Republic.

The former Chievo midfielder could barely run in the final 20 minutes of last night’s 1-1 draw with the USA, as he had taken a knock to the upper thigh and Italy had already completed their substitutions.

“Perrotta suffered a heavy bruise to his right thigh which also affected the sciatic nerve,” explained chief medic Enrico Castellacci.

“It was quite a rough game overall and we had quite a few problems. Perrotta could still recover for Thursday, but we need 48 hours to see how the bruise is absorbed. Alberto Gilardino also had a slight sprain to his right ankle.”

De Rossi will be suspended for that tie, which could see Italy top Group E, go through second or even be eliminated depending on the result here and in the Ghana-USA game, following his dismissal for elbowing Brian McBride.

A draw would be enough to see the Azzurri through to the knockout stage, but the Czechs also have problems to contend with. Tomas Ujfalusi was sent off in the 2-0 defeat to Ghana and he’ll be suspended, along with striker Vratislav Lokvenc. Injured forwards Milan Baros and Jan Koller are also unlikely to feature.

“The Ghana defeat was just a bad day at the office,” insisted Fiorentina defender Ujfalusi. “We have to beat Italy in order to qualify and we can do it. I’m disappointed with my red card, especially as it means I won’t be able to play against the Azzurri.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)