italia vs Czech Republic(22/06/2006) (7 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
since when the hell was that foul second-yellow-in-the-first-fucking-half worthy??

A big FUCK YOU to FIFA for ruining the game and robbing the fans who paid thousands of dollers to see the matches by instituting a policy of giving out cards for breathing from the wrong fucking patch of air.
Sebi, that was a 2nd yellow. FIFA are as corrupt as can be and the WC is an obvious joke, but that was a 2nd yellow. The Czechs wouldn't have won anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Materazzi enjoys ‘divine justice’ Friday 23 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian goal hero Marco Materazzi says he’s delighted that he is finally making the headlines for the right reasons.

The Inter stopper is a controversial figure in the game given his aggressive style of play, but he turned jeers into cheers as he headed the Azzurri into the last 16 of the World Cup yesterday.

Coming on as a first half substitute for the injured Alessandro Nesta, Materazzi scored his first international goal to give his side the lead before Pippo Inzaghi sealed a 2-0 win late on against the Czechs.

“There is a divine justice,” stated the central defender. “People who know me are aware that I’m a good guy, others don’t.

“I have suffered some injustices on a human level in the past. I have made mistakes like other people, yet I was treated differently.”

Materazzi is often depicted as a villain, a reputation that he has developed after some crunching tackles and a curious incident at the end of an Inter-Reggina match when he split Bruno Cirillo’s lip in a post-match altercation.

Yet the former Perugia man won nothing but admirers on Thursday and he was eager to dedicate his strike to Daniele De Rossi, the Italian midfielder who has been heavily criticised since his dismissal against the USA.

“The goal was for myself and my family who were in the stands,” he added. “Yet it was mainly for De Rossi. Like myself, he made a mistake with that elbow and he’ll pay for that.

“He’s young and errors do occur at that age. My header was for him and for all those who harshly suffer for their misdemeanours.”

The 32-year-old will now probably start in the Australia match and is happy to be of some use to the Azzurri’s cause.

“It’s not easy to be a reserve for two phenomenons like Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro,” he continued. “I’m delighted that I was able to do well.”

source: channel4.com

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
swag said:
Think CL: they count the duration of the tournament.
Actually the yellow cards of the group stages will be deleted...Only if you got your second one in the 3rd match you will be suspended....But if you only collected one it will be deleted.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
In all my years of watching world cup football, i have never seen an act of stupidity like the 1 of Pollak. How can you justify getting sent off in the 2nd minute of injury time in first half, when your team is 1 goal down and needed to win? I have no idea what i would have done to him if i was the coach

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
what a great match and atmosphere in the arena in Hamburg!
I can tell you this is one of the most beautiful arenas and I loved to be there with the national teams from bella italia and the CZE republic and alot of more lucky people!

I sit from the TV-view on the left with many many CZE-fans:tdown: I wanted to sit between 8000 italians...
But I made a wonderful party with father and I can share some pics if you want...
zhis is the first and the best IMO...

Forza d'Italia!

edit: the injured Koller was sitting no so much away from us... you can see him on the left corner:p

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Tino said:
what a great match and atmosphere in the arena in Hamburg!
I can tell you this is one of the most beautiful arenas and I loved to be there with the national teams from bella italia and the CZE republic and alot of more lucky people!

I sit from the TV-view on the left with many many CZE-fans:tdown: I wanted to sit between 8000 italians...
But I made a wonderful party with father and I can share some pics if you want...
zhis is the first and the best IMO...

Forza d'Italia!

edit: the injured Koller was sitting no so much away from us... you can see him on the left corner:p
:D

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
ok! here are some more pics...
the problem is that I sit in the second ring, very high and far away from the field!

first: this was my first view on the stadium when I left the shuttle-bus
second: an this the first when I went in, in was just awesome!
third: this was from the highest point I could go! there where so much CZE people around me and they look all with this "just go away you little ITA-Bastard"! I went away with a loud "FORZA D'Italia"
last: no comments! you see whats going on...:agree:

more pics to follow!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tino said:
Cool pics, Tino! :tup:

The funny part is that it's easy to identify Koller: he's the one not wearing a Koller jersey. ;)

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Alfio_87 said:
very nice tino are u going to any more matches!
yes! today I will be in Leipzig to watch Argentina against Mexico! I could watch also the game Brasil against Croatia, but I had not the time so I selled them for 300€ (i get them for 72!!!)

I hope Mexico will win it, because I want Germany to not play against Argentina!:disagree:

here some more pics:

first: security-checks infront of the arena!
second: thats the left view from the highest point (the other was the right view)
third: the teams and their national anthems!
fourth: just after the match!

I promise I will make some more pics today! I forgott my 1GB stick when I drove to Hamburg...:disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)