[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (31 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
They've been selling their best players over the last few years, released 5-6 older players, like Inzaghi, Seedorf, Nesta, Gatusso, etc.. consequently reducing their wage bill. Last year they netted close to 300m, and if they won't invest this summer then something is very wrong there with their mgt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Atletico is a club with great debts. if there is a club to follow, it is either Bayern or Dortmund as they are financially positive every year AND make great results every season (Dortmund in recent years, Bayern for mch longer)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4556515 said:
of course, what background Simeone had? couple of failures in Argentina, then title with San Lorenzo, 6 months in Catania and 6 months in Racing, such an amazing achievements
Luck is not the point here, numbnuts. The brand of football they play, how they're run, their transfers. Compare that with the current Milan. It's not even close and it has nothing to do with the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Atletico is a club with great debts. if there is a club to follow, it is either Bayern or Dortmund as they are financially positive every year AND make great results every season (Dortmund in recent years, Bayern for mch longer)
Yes, let's just be like Bayern.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And they will perish soon, like most of these clubs had. We'll see them again after a few decades. While our mgt often use Bayern as an example Barbara are using friggin Atletico. :lol:

And Milan earns 2x the income Atletico does, even more.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You speak like we're run like Bayern because we mention them. :lol:
We're in a very similar situation as they were 5-6 years ago, when they would buy best German talents, but after a while they started to bring quality, once the gaps were filled. Bayern up to 5-6 years ago regularly struggled in Europe and were occasionally hammered by some giants. Barca trashed them 5-1 for instance in the quarters.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bayern has 20+ years of positive financing behind them. we are just at the beginning with our new management, we add quality each year and improve our squad, while keeping an eye on our finances and not getting in debts. and all that with the big debt the previou management left us. i'd say we are doing great and we could be comparable with Bayern in a few years...

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
we're in a very similar situation as they were 5-6 years ago, when they would buy best German talents, but after a while started to bring quality. Bayern up to 5-6 years ago regularly struggled in Europe and were occasionally hammered by some giants. Barca trashed them 5-1 for instance in the quarters.
And are we buying the best local talent? And when are gonna focus on quality, because in every season it's always gonna be "the next season"? This year it's because of Adidas.

Bayern has 20+ years of positive financing behind them. we are just at the beginning with our new management, we add quality each year and improve our squad, while keeping an eye on our finances and not getting in debts. and all that with the big debt the previou management left us. i'd say we are doing great and we could be comparable with Bayern in a few years...
We'll see.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We're in a very similar situation as they were 5-6 years ago, when they would buy best German talents, but after a while they started to bring quality, once the gaps were filled. Bayern up to 5-6 years ago regularly struggled in Europe and were occasionally hammered by some giants. Barca trashed them 5-1 for instance in the quarters.
Bayern reached the CL final in 2010, 2012, and won it in 2013 :shifty:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Don't be a smartass. I am fully aware of that. My point is, Bayern were still in a much better position than we currently are 5-6 years ago. I remember they dismembered us 1-4 in the CL during that glorious 2009-2010 season.
They didn't play CL in 2007/08, trashed by Barca a year later in the quarters, beaten in the quarters by Milan in 2006/07. They struggled every year to make something notable in Europe.

We're almost on 300m of income, like them at that time and they as well have preferred cheap alternatives, that is until they were ready to invest some more. In 2-3 years Juve will be up there, among contenders. Who knows we might breakthrough next season.

Obviously I'm not saying here that we'll mirror their success, but only that using Bayern's example is far more suitable for clubs like Juve or Milan, than lucky Atletico side, one title every few decades.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Don't be a smartass. I am fully aware of that. My point is, Bayern were still in a much better position than we currently are 5-6 years ago. I remember they dismembered us 1-4 in the CL during that glorious 2009-2010 season.
Bayern in 2008. after they lost the title to Stuttgart :)lol:) in the 2006/07 season they decided to invest heavily in their squad. they bought Ribery, Klose, Toni, Altintop and won the BL and DFB pokal back but were thrown out of the UEFA cup against Zenit with 5-1 agregate :)lol:), after they barely made it past Getafe with 2 late overtime goals of Luca Toni :)lol:).

2009. didnt invest much and lost the title again against Wolfsburg :)lol:) who were 10th after the 1st half of the season. they also were 2nd to Hoffenheim :)lol:) after the winter break. lost to Barcelona 5-1 on agregate in the CL.

2010. decided to ivest again and bought Robben, Olic, Gomez and most importantly LVG who promoted Muller, Badstuber, Alaba, Contento to the 1st team. he sold Lucio and Van Bommel. they were close to getting out in the group stage :)sad:) and were almost knocked ou by Fiorentina. lost CL final and won double.

now look at us. compare 2008 Bayern with us now. keep in mind that Bayern has consecutive 20+ years of positive business results and we are just at the beginning of our path in that regard with great debts our previous management left us. see how they decide to invest after every failed season. we under Conte, until now, didnt have such a failed season. there were times when Bayern wasnt a powerhorse in Europe and couldnt attract best players. at that time, they bought players like we do today (BLs best which wasnt what it is today and freebies/cheap players).

one star player this summer with 2-3 good ones would improve us to a regular CL QF team, and we will continue to grow each year (on how much our finances allow us) and becoming one of Europes very best teams in the next few years...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Agreed DP except ur last comment.
I believe it'll take atleast 3-4 seasons for Juve to be a genuine CL contenders and perhaps be able to stand toe to toe with other big clubs on the market.
Until then we only have to HOPE to get lucky like Atleti or BVb or even Bayern in 09-10 for that matter who were bloody lucky that season.
Im actually not that very much concerned about how we do in CL in the present term
as i dont believe we'll magically become great despite some decent reinforcements which wouldnt suffice imo.
But what i want to see is us having a long term vision like Bayern on and off the pitch cos the benefits in the long term are going to be massive.Im sure the mgmt think that way anyway.Patience is the virtue and its why Bayern are in the position they are today despite being in a lowly marketed inferior league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)