[ITA] Serie A 2012/2013 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
Hamsik mugged at gunpoint
By Football Italia staff

There are reports Napoli star Marek Hamsik was mugged at gunpoint outside the San Paolo after today’s game.

The Slovak midfielder got into his car after the 0-0 draw with Sampdoria and was driving to the airport to pick up his wife when the vehicle was blocked off by two individuals.

According to Sportmediaset, they smashed the window and pointed a gun in his face, forcing him to hand over his watch.

It’s reported Hamsik is unharmed, but understandably shaken by the incident.

It is not the first time one of the Napoli players or their partners have been mugged in the city, usually to steal expensive watches or jewellery.

Naples :howler:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some great stuff from Fiorentina there.

The movement of the forwards and Valero was fantastic. They way they varied their movements to pull Inter's defence around or suddenly overload them in a particular area was great.

Midfield also backed that up well by controlling the tempo and pressing Inter well on the odd occasion they actually had the ball.

No idea what Inter were up to, though.

Fiorentina, while very good, were not really doing very much different to what they normally do (or at least try to do), so there was no excuse for Inter to look so utterly baffled as if they'd been sent out with no plan of how to stop Fiorentina playing.

Inter, obviously, are not athletic enough to press Fiorentina, so the only sensible course of action was going to be to sit deep and keep things compact. Stramaccioni isn't exactly shy about setting a side up very negatively, so don't know why he didn't do that tonight.

Or did Stramaccioni think the midfield he put out was god enough that Inter could have a lot of the ball and control the tempo of the game? The midfield never threatened to keep the ball or put any meaningful pressure on Fiorentina's ball players.

Either way, it was a big mistake to not play 3-5-2 to match up to Fiorentina's wide players. Inter's two CBs weren't up to playing two-on-two against Fiorentina's forwards and Inter's fullbacks were stuck in no-mans's land between partially helping the CBs and partially taking on Cuadrado and Pasqual and ended up not really doing either.

Inter's defence is hilariously bad without Samuel.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
Strama: 'Inter too ugly to be true'

By Football Italia staff

Andrea Stramaccioni took responsibility for the 4-1 demolition at the hands of Fiorentina. “Inter were too ugly to be true.”

The Nerazzurri beat Cluj 2-0 in the Europa League on Thursday evening, but only had one shot on goal in Florence and that was Antonio Conte’s late strike.

“I think it’s all too easy to read this match, aside from Fiorentina’s merits,” shrugged Stramaccioni.

“We played two games with more or less the same players, but I never imagined a game like this. I saw my Inter were really tired and struggling. I thought we’d pay a small price for the fatigue, but not to this degree. I evaluated the situation incorrectly.”

Right from the start Inter seemed to be tactically confused and unable to counter Fiorentina’s passing game.

“We intended to have Fredy Guarin on David Pizarro, but our two internal midfielders were struggling and he had to drop back. It was an adjustment, but the defeat was clear.

“We could’ve done without this defeat, but I don’t know how we can play so differently from Thursday to Sunday. Maybe I made a mistake. Inter were too ugly to be true.”

Next Sunday there is the Derby della Madonnina, although on Wednesday Milan play Barcelona and on Thursday Inter travel to Cluj.

“We have to take those fixtures into account,” continued Stramaccioni. “Never more than tonight was everyone’s performance below par. We paid an exaggerated price for the two games.

“We must absolutely get back on our feet. We are honouring the Europa League and that takes away energy, but I don’t mean that as an alibi.”

:sergio:

Jul 10, 2006
Hamsik mugged at gunpoint
By Football Italia staff

There are reports Napoli star Marek Hamsik was mugged at gunpoint outside the San Paolo after today’s game.

The Slovak midfielder got into his car after the 0-0 draw with Sampdoria and was driving to the airport to pick up his wife when the vehicle was blocked off by two individuals.

According to Sportmediaset, they smashed the window and pointed a gun in his face, forcing him to hand over his watch.

It’s reported Hamsik is unharmed, but understandably shaken by the incident.

It is not the first time one of the Napoli players or their partners have been mugged in the city, usually to steal expensive watches or jewellery.

Naples :howler:
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)