[ITA] Serie A 2012/2013 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
let's not forget El Sharaawy's one on one vs Marchetti. He was offside but the Meani guy on the far right didn't raise the flag. He was like 5 yards offside. :D
oh, dear Marky, you are such a museum-quality example of how one's extreme hate can easily push a man, who is usually very rational, well into the other side of things :D

In this particular situation, it was a Lazio player who cleared the ball into SES' stride and that's why it wasn't off-side ... although by far the more heart-warming alternative of an explanation is Milan cheating :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

As for the general outcry among all fair and unbiased souls here caused by Milan cheating their way to CL places again - Yes, there shouldn't have been a RC for Candreva but there should have been a PK for Milan as he pushed himself into the back of SES' legs and if you guys watch carefully one particlar angle of replay, Candreva's right knee caught/tripped SES' left heel ... that on top of a shoulder tug by Candreva, sure just for a moment but enough to interfere with the attack against the rules. All that took place on the line and inside the PA, so it really should have been a PK. So, Candreva getting booted and Milan not getting a PK is kind of a wash in the end.

And even earlier in the game - Marchetti brought down SES, which should have resulted in an early RC for the Lazio GK and a PK for Milan. That situation was let go by Rizzoli - not sure if he gave an advantage (not much of that as Pazzini got the ball at a rather small angle) or not but seemed to me more like he didn't want to decide the game too early (in just the 3rd min, iirc).

So many premature and hateful reactions around here make me think you guys are nervous about something :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As for the general outcry among all fair and unbiased souls here caused by Milan cheating their way to CL places again - Yes, there shouldn't have been a RC for Candreva but there should have been a PK for Milan as he pushed himself into the back of SES' legs and if you guys watch carefully one particlar angle of replay, Candreva's right knee caught/tripped SES' left heel ... that on top of a shoulder tug by Candreva, sure just for a moment but enough to interfere with the attack against the rules. All that took place on the line and inside the PA, so it really should have been a PK. So, Candreva getting booted and Milan not getting a PK is kind of a wash in the end.
Both were borderline calls and not ones you could really criticise a ref for getting wrong.

I agree with you, though: my first reaction was penalty and yellow card.

And even earlier in the game - Marchetti brought down SES, which should have resulted in an early RC for the Lazio GK and a PK for Milan. That situation was let go by Rizzoli - not sure if he gave an advantage (not much of that as Pazzini got the ball at a rather small angle) or not but seemed to me more like he didn't want to decide the game too early (in just the 3rd min, iirc).
I was surprised that there weren't more appeals from Milan on that incident.

Looked a clear penalty to me.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
oh, dear Marky, you are such a museum-quality example of how one's extreme hate can easily push a man, who is usually very rational, well into the other side of things :D

In this particular situation, it was a Lazio player who cleared the ball into SES' stride and that's why it wasn't off-side ... although by far the more heart-warming alternative of an explanation is Milan cheating :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

So many premature and hateful reactions around here make me think you guys are nervous about something :D
Nervous no, we just want you to enjoy the Europa League that's all. :D

cheating 2 games in 3 and defending Berlus club. :sigh:

:D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Both were borderline calls and not ones you could really criticise a ref for getting wrong.
agreed ... was just replying to the general consensus of Candreva getting a RC for absolutely no contact on his part and Milan getting all the favors in the world

- - - Updated - - -

Nervous no, we just want you to enjoy the Europa League that's all. :D

cheating 2 games in 3 and defending Berlus club. :sigh:

:D
:rab: :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd rather have the red card and man advantage for 73 mins than the penalty and yellow card, to be honest.

Milan's defence is the weak point, so even at a potential 1-0 up there is a chance Lazio score. With 11 v 10 for so long the opponents are going to tire and your defence will not be under much pressure.

Very 'sensible' game from Milan and Rizzoli.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'd rather have the red card and man advantage for 73 mins than the penalty and yellow card, to be honest.

Milan's defence is the weak point, so even at a potential 1-0 up there is a chance Lazio score. With 11 v 10 for so long the opponents are going to tire and your defence will not be under much pressure.

Very 'sensible' game from Milan and Rizzoli.
this is one fine explanation, helped by a fair amount of 20/20 hindsight and and an even greater deal of guessing :D

any similar explanations about the PK and RC he didn't give Milan and Marchetti in the 3rd or 4th min of the game? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)