[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
Nedvěd;3075235 said:
I remember reading that in the last pre-season Abate took training sessions under Tassotti. Not sure if that true, but it would make sense. Abate of 2010-2011 is a completely different player to Abate of 2009-2010
my milanista friend said he was spending time with nesta after training sessions

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan to make Menez offer

Italian champions Milan could be on the verge of signing Roma enigma Jeremy Menez, according to Mediaset.

Menez may quit the Stadio Olimpico outfit this summer, three years after arriving from French outfit Monaco.

According to the story, the Rossoneri officials have already agreed personal terms with the 24-year-old attacking midfielder.

Milan, who it is said are confident of landing the player for less than €10m, will now have to reach an agreement with Roma once the club’s takeover is completed.

Meanwhile, Milan are also being linked with Barcelona left-back Maxwell by reports on Tuesday.

The Brazilian defender, represented by agent Mino Raiola who works closely with Milan, is seemingly available.

However, the latter could only arrive if fellow summer signing Taye Taiwo is handed a French passport in order to free up a non-EU spot in the squad.
------------

This is coming from Berlu's Mediaset, so it's probably true.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It will be fantastic if Menez is Milan's midfield big signing.
But it will be bad if they're buying him only for depth. He's too stupid to be a big signing and a sure starter but he's exactly what big teams need to have on the bench. For less than 10m that's gonna be a good deal.
So lets hope he's the big signing that will exclude the likes of Cesc, Marek, Ganso etc.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #186
    I doubt he is, probably some rotation option but I'm sure he'd do great there.

They are terrorizing Roma. First Mexes, now Menez.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Oh and yes, we are fools if we opt for Pepe and they buy Menez for less than 10mln.
    Or Martinez for 12m.
    But I'd too skip on Menez in our situation. He's gonna be a starter for us and he offers too little to be a starter. If we already had a good team then adding players like Menez for depth is excellent. Buying him to be one of our main stars though is not something I'd do.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #191
    I'd rather have Pepe on the team than Menez.

And I really, really dislike the fact that we (are going to) sign(ed) Pepe.
    Because you're thinking like Italians where you adore work rate and inefficient running. Because Pepe offers only that, and it's why people 'love' him.

Or Martinez for 12m.
    But I'd too skip on Menez in our situation. He's gonna be a starter for us and he offers too little to be a starter. If we already had a good team then adding players like Menez for depth is excellent. Buying him to be one of our main stars though is not something I'd do.
    I'm still sure he needs a good coach to make him a better shaped player but even at this point I consider him much more effective than Pepe and I think team benefits a lot from his play. IMO he does very well in France for example, much better than in Rome where he has only Vucinic who understands him, other players are brain damaged. That's why I think he'd be great if he had somebody like Ibra, Cassano in a team, or even Kwadwo to do running instead of him.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #195
    Congrats on knowing how I think & what I adore, Dusan.
    It's not hard to figure out, 90% of people here love defensive wingers. Hell, even strikers have to defend according my many.

As for Pepe in general, he's offering exactly that. I do exaggerate like always and I do know you don't rate Pepe, though.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    It's not hard to figure out, 90% of people here love defensive wingers. Hell, even strikers have to defend according my many.

As for Pepe in general, he's offering exactly that. I do exaggerate like always and I do know you don't rate Pepe, though.
    Just like 90% on here love offensive (wing)backs. See, it completely evens out :D

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #197
    Just like 90% on here love offensive (wing)backs. See, it completely evens out :D
    That's different. :D I give a benefit to those who can defend but I will always bash those that don't offer anything whatsoever in attack. I find those very limited and I hate that balanced theory of 4-4-2 where you need defensive fullbacks (like Grygera) in order to have semi offensive wingers.

Defensive winger on the other hand is the biggest joke ever IMO and most useless player(s) that can be bough. Or wing backs like Maggio... :sick:

Jul 1, 2010
    Menez is not good enough, it has nothing to do with wanting a defensive or offensive winger. He can't finish, cross, assist and shoot. The only thing he is decent at is dribbling.

No thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)