[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
One round is left so the annual "Best xxxxx of the year" polls are coming. Before the mods open the polls, give your suggestions, please. I made the initial lists so far and if you think someone should be added or excluded from these lists, share it here before we start voting:

Serie A Player of the year
Antonio Di Natale
Edinson Cavani
Samuel Eto'o
Thiago Silva
Zlatan Ibrahimović

Nesta should be in if Thiago Silva is.

Serie A Transfer of the year
Antonio Cassano (Milan - free)
Edinson Cavani (Napoli - loan+rights to buy for 17m)
Hernanes (Lazio- 13.5m)
Miloš Krasić (Juventus- 15m)
Robinho (Milan- 18m)
Zlatan Ibrahimović (Milan - loan+rights to buy for 24m)

Van Bommel?

Serie A Rookie of the year
Hernanes
Josip Iličić
Kevin-Prince Boateng

Krasic? Nagatomo?

Serie A Youngster of the year (Players born 1988 or younger)
Alexandre Pato
Alexis Sánchez
Javier Pastore
Josip Iličić
Kwadwo Asamoah
Mauricio Isla

Serie A Coach of the year
Edoardo Reja
Francesco Guidolin
Massimiliano Allegri
Walter Mazzarri

Serie A Goalkeeper of the year
Christian Abbiati
Fernando Muslera
Samir Handanovič

Serie A Fullback of the year
Andrea Dossena
Federico Balzaretti
Ignazio Abate
Maicon
Mattia Cassani
Mauricio Isla
Pablo Armero

Why is Dossena in the fullback category, but Maggio is in with wingers? The both play pretty much the same wingback role.

Serie A Center Back of the year
Alessandro Nesta
André Dias
Cristián Zapata
Giorgio Chiellini
Paolo Cannavaro
Thiago Silva

Serie A Winger of the year
Alessio Cerci
Christian Maggio
Miloš Krasić

Serie A Center Midfielder of the year
Esteban Cambiasso
Gökhan Inler
Hernanes
Kwadwo Asamoah

Given Hernanes spent most of the season playing trequartista, should he not be in the attacking midfielder category?

Serie A Attacking midfielder of the year
Andrea Cossu
Clarence Seedorf
Francesco Totti
Javier Pastore
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Marek Hamšík
Sebastian Giovinco
Stefano Mauri

I can't remember the last time Totti played as an attacking midfielder.

Serie A Support Striker of the year
Alexis Sánchez
Antonio Cassano
Ezequiel Lavezzi
Robinho

Serie A Striker of the year
Alessandro Matri
Alexandre Pato
Antonio Di Natale
Edinson Cavani
Marco Di Vaio
Samuel Eto'o
Zlatan Ibrahimović

Serie A Flop of the year
Adriano
Luigi Del Neri
Marco Motta
Rafael Benitez
Riccardo Garrone

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, the notes will be implemented in the final polls.
Except Dossena and Maggio, imo. Even though on paper they are both wingbacks, part of the back 5 in Napoli's 5-3-2, and should be included in the fullback category, whenever I watch Maggio he plays as a typical winger, sometimes even further up the pitch than Hamsik. Also, due to the lack of good wingers it's better to put Maggio in that poll.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yes, the notes will be implemented in the final polls.
Except Dossena and Maggio, imo. Even though on paper they are both wingbacks, part of the back 5 in Napoli's 5-3-2, and should be included in the fullback category, whenever I watch Maggio he plays as a typical winger, sometimes even further up the pitch than Hamsik. Also, due to the lack of good wingers it's better to put Maggio in that poll.
Fair enough.

I don't see that much difference between the roles Maggio and Dossena play and tend to think it depends more on the tactics of the opposition as to which gets higher up the pitch.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Look at this ridiculous man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you are ridiculous ... for not knowing a Milan legend like Tiziano Crudeli :D ... just ask Melo, he will confirm it :lol:

Hamsik to Milan links. What a disaster.
agree, a disaster for Milan ;) ... not sure why everybody is so high on this overrated brat Hamsik - 30+ mil for a small-game player like him :sergio: ... hope Galliani and co know better than waste a fortune on a bag of hype like Hamsik.
It's one thing to run circles around teams like Lecce and the likes, totally different to do so in the CL, even against the "average" teams in that competition. IMO, Hamsik doesn't have the mentality that it takes to become a great player and he regularly goes AWOL in big games or when his team needs him to step up to the plate. Sure he is relatively young, 23-24 yo, but by that age, one can usually tell the "great" players in the making from all the rest, and it's usually a "mentality" question.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you are ridiculous ... for not knowing a Milan legend like Tiziano Crudeli :D ... just ask Melo, he will confirm it :lol:

agree, a disaster for Milan ;) ... not sure why everybody is so high on this overrated brat Hamsik - 30+ mil for a small-game player like him :sergio: ... hope Galliani and co know better than waste a fortune on a bag of hype like Hamsik.
It's one thing to run circles around teams like Lecce and the likes, totally different to do so in the CL, even against the "average" teams in that competition. IMO, Hamsik doesn't have the mentality that it takes to become a great player and he regularly goes AWOL in big games or when his team needs him to step up to the plate. Sure he is relatively young, 23-24 yo, but by that age, one can usually tell the "great" players in the making from all the rest, and it's usually a "mentality" question.
That's so not true and the simple look on his 10 goals and 4 assists in the matches he played against Milan, Juve, Inter and Roma in serie A shows it.
Or maybe you have other big matches in mind which I don't remember right now. But I don't think Napoli played many big games in the last 4 years apart from the matches against the above mentioned teams.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That's so not true and the simple look on his 10 goals and 4 assists in the matches he played against Milan, Juve, Inter and Roma in serie A shows it.
Or maybe you have other big matches in mind which I don't remember right now. But I don't think Napoli played many big games in the last 4 years apart from the matches against the above mentioned teams.
those stats must be mostly against Roma as I don't think Hamsik has ever scored vs Inter - best team in Italy over the past 4-5 years, not counting this season, and scored only 1 goal vs Milan 3 or so years ago when Milan had their worst year in recent memory and failed to make the CL (really pathetic year they had back then). As for Juve, I am not sure Juve has been Juve for quite a while now ... I may count that tap in vs the Juve of 3 years ago but even then that team (under Ranieri, I think) had little to do with the real Juve ... still, a lot better than the Juve of this year or the last one, for that matter.
And Roma, oh come on don't get me started on Roma as a big team - in their best year ever CL-wise they got rimmed and doggy-styled by ManU so badly it brought tears to my eyes even :D - Roma, ever since Capello left, never had the tactical discipline and rigidity that is a must for "big" teams.

My main point, however, was in regard to hamsik's overall displays against well organized, big teams - everyone, even if they had been anonymous for the whole game, can score a tap in or make a lucky, out-of-the-blue assist at any moment during that game ... so, stats, in that sense have little weight, for me at least.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
those stats must be mostly against Roma as I don't think Hamsik has ever scored vs Inter - best team in Italy over the past 4-5 years, not counting this season, and scored only 1 goal vs Milan 3 or so years ago when Milan had their worst year in recent memory and failed to make the CL (really pathetic year they had back then). As for Juve, I am not sure Juve has been Juve for quite a while now ... I may count that tap in vs the Juve of 3 years ago but even then that team (under Ranieri, I think) had little to do with the real Juve ... still, a lot better than the Juve of this year or the last one, for that matter.
And Roma, oh come on don't get me started on Roma as a big team - in their best year ever CL-wise they got rimmed and doggy-styled by ManU so badly it brought tears to my eyes even :D - Roma, ever since Capello, left never had the tactical discipline and rigidity that is a must for "big" teams.
His coast to coast goal against Milan sent your team to Europa League :D

You are wrong, I stand by what I said. He does go missing in certain matches, but if you check it out you'll see that there isn't any pattern and it's not against big teams only. He could go missing against Lecce, play excellent against Milan, go missing against Inter and play another very good game against Bari.
There is constant improvement in his game, season after season. The last 25-30 rounds this year were his best in serie A, even if his numbers aren't much different than before. While at the beginning of his serie A days he was someone who knew where to position himself, right now he's much more than that. Brilliant vision and much more running from him than before.
Milan will surely not make a mistake if they buy him. I hope they make that mistake and don't get him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hernanes is transfer of the year considering his importance to Lazio and everything else, without a doubt.
I'd give that vote to Zlatan.
Zlatan's last 2-3 months force me not to vote for him in the player of the year or striker of the year polls, but I'm definitely voting for him in transfer of the year. That transfer meant a scudetto for Milan, while Hernanes' transfer to Lazio means only Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)