[ITA] Serie A 2010/2011 (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You aren't making any damn sense. Are you actually saying everyone should bargain for a lower salary for fear of not performing? What sort of shit is that?

"Oh hey boss, can I have a salary deduction? Oh thank you, generous kind sir."
What you're saying implies that because Secco offered him a truckload of money, Amauri should not be held responsible for taking the money. On the other hand, if Amauri had received the same contract, not because of Secco but because his agent was a great negotiator, then he would be. But it's the same 3m, and he took it. Once he takes it, it's irrelevant how it happened, the fact remains he's among the highest paid players and he's going to be evaluated accordingly.

What's so hard to understand?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Nah. We just think it's funny. Or, Melo and I think it's funny that some can't celebrate his lack of goals anymore.
Oh boohoo those meanies who wanted to laugh at Amauri, it was mean spirited. Yeah, cause you've never been known for having a mean spirited disposition about people, Andy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What you're saying implies that because Secco offered him a truckload of money, Amauri should not be held responsible for taking the money. On the other hand, if Amauri had received the same contract, not because of Secco but because his agent was a great negotiator, then he would be. But it's the same 3m, and he took it. Once he takes it, it's irrelevant how it happened, the fact remains he's among the highest paid players and he's going to be evaluated accordingly.

What's so hard to understand?
Yes, he took the salary, didn't do enough to secure staying on, and now he's going to earn a lesser salary somewhere else. That's how it works in grown up world, Martin. If he signed for half that salary then he'd still find himself at another club because he's simply not good enough.

Amauri should not be held responsible for the salary fucking offered to him. It was OFFERED TO HIM. Do you not understand how this thing works? Are you, yourself, going to deny a salary because it's more generous than expected? Seriously? if so, you're an idiot, Martin.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh boohoo those meanies who wanted to laugh at Amauri, it was mean spirited. Yeah, cause you've never been known for having a mean spirited disposition about people, Andy.
Never said I didn't. I just think it's funny, especially when folks like you blame Amauri for taking the salary offered to him.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Amauri should not be held responsible for the salary fucking offered to him. It was OFFERED TO HIM. Do you not understand how this thing works? Are you, yourself, going to deny a salary because it's more generous than expected? Seriously? if so, you're an idiot, Martin.
You're right, the size of a salary has no impact on what people expect from you. That's logical. :rolleyes:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nah. We just think it's funny. Or, Melo and I think it's funny that some can't celebrate his lack of goals anymore.

I'm pissed Seba is playing for Parma.
If anyone was celebrating his lack of goals, then that just flies in the face of supporting a team.

I can understand bemoaning the fact that he was a liability more than an asset while he was at Juve, but to actually be happy that he wasn't scoring, as if to prove some sort of point, doesn't sound like a fan of a team to me

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Never said I didn't. I just think it's funny, especially when folks like you blame Amauri for taking the salary offered to him.
I don't blame him for the salary. I say it's perfectly fair to evaluate his performance in proportion to it. It's sort of a.. (I know it sounds crazy, but bear with me) free market principle. You pay more, you expect more.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We already have people blame Amauri for signing with Juventus, regardless of salary. Those folks are absolute imbeciles.
He is the one to blame for being awful during his time with us. You cant blame him for signing, I reckon he's the kind of player that'll choke at a big club when there's pressure and do better in small club, like many others who didnt make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)