[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah,Vanden Borre is realy good who was chased by many clubs like Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Inter, Barcelona and Juventus.But joining Fiorentina was good move for him to prove himself.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
:weee: Fiorentina is indeed a great team and they are always a threat to any other big Italian team. Watch for their 3rd consecutive finish in the top 4. Maybe this time they won´t have points deducted. I just fear they might kick us out of the top 4. I hope not.
:agree:

i'm glad they held milan, does that mean we have sole posession at the top of the table by goal diff?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
:weee: Fiorentina is indeed a great team and they are always a threat to any other big Italian team. Watch for their 3rd consecutive finish in the top 4. Maybe this time they won´t have points deducted. I just fear they might kick us out of the top 4. I hope not.

As soon as he had a great match, they compare him to Maradona! :rolleyes:

Btw is he similar to Tevez?
Looking from highlights that is what I exactly thought. He looks a bit like Tevez; similar stocky build. On the other hand, he looks far far far better than the original version. He seems to be excellent on both feet, and for more quicker than Tevez. Anyway, I am dying to see this kid on live.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Surprise, surprise:

Inter cleared in Suazo inquest
Wednesday 5 September, 2007

Inter have been cleared of irregularities in David Suazo’s drawn-out transfer involving Cagliari and Milan.

The Honduran international had been sold to the Rossoneri, as the two clubs reached an agreement over the £10m move, but he refused the switch.

Inter President Massimo Moratti told the media that Suazo had “already signed” for them, but this would be illegal if the clubs had not first agreed terms.

A FIGC investigation was launched and this evening it was confirmed no further action would be taken.

The matter stretched on for several weeks until Milan backed out of the deal and Cagliari could complete their negotiations with the Nerazzurri.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I bet you they suddenly discovered secret mobile telephone conversations to prove that the clubs had talked prior... how convenient. :rolleyes:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lippi Praises Lavezzi, Napoli's Summer Business

Former Azzurri coach Marcello Lippi has expressed his admiration for the way Napoli have built their team this season.

Napoli's 5-0 thrashing of Udinese has put the spotlight firmly on their players, and Ezequiel Lavezzi is the ne earning most of the plaudits.

Of course former Juventus players Manuele Blasi and Marcelo Zalayeta have also joined the club, and Marcello Lippi - who coached the two not so long ago - has backed the club's summer dealings.

"I believe Napoli have made some very smart signings, and brought in some great players without exceeding their budget," he said.

Asked about Blasi and Zalayeta, he continued: "I coached the two of them at Juve, and one also with the national team. They're both great signings.

"Ezequiel Lavezzi is a sensational player, and I also like Walter Gargano. He's strong, and also very quick.

"I'm sure Napoli will have a good championship."

goal.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Lots and lots of cigars.

And making private French jokes. ;)
:smoke:

:D Lippi litting up his cigars is by the far my most favorite moment in soccer.

Personally, I can see Lippi taking over Napoli by next year latest. Reja will surely be sacked within 12 months, unless miracle happens and Reja takes them into UEFA or Champions League, which wont happen IMO. Lippi coming back to former team to overturn their past fortunes, like he did with Juve; papers will love it. Beside, this Napoli team finally seems to have the financial power, and management capability to come out of doldrums. I can smell it.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
“The Old Guard are passing on their victorious DNA to the others.”
Claudio Ranieri sparks a new doping scandal at Juventus

Channel4 Quotes of the week. Awesome :howler:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Ledesma: Only Milan, Inter And Roma Are Better Than Us

The Lazio midfielder is certain that the Biancocelesti can achieve a Champions League spot despite the good start of Juventus and Fiorentina.

Cristian Ledesma spoke about this early part of the season, where Lazio achieved two points from two matches.

"This year after two matchdays we have two points, whereas last year we had lost two games," he commented.

"It gives us something more from the morale level, but anyway this will be a different season. Being in the Champions League gives us the strength for the many commitments we shall have."

The midfielder of the Biancocelesti also gave his opinion on the 'Lazio project'.

"There's a project here which can lead a long way. We must do well this year at least in two competitions.

"If we see the purchases, Roma are far away on paper, because the players they have bought have done well elsewhere. However, now they will have to do well in our league.

"Lazio is second only to Milan, Inter and Roma. We shall be fighting with Juventus and Fiorentina, whereas Palermo started out strong."
Goal.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
“This time I want to win at Old Trafford, but with a 7-0 scoreline.”
Francesco Totti has been putting his X-Box on the ‘easy’ setting

:rofl2:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Ronaldo faces doping probe Tuesday 11 September, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo’s injury saga has taken another twist after allegations from the Italian National Olympic Committee President that his treatment is a form of doping.

Milan's Brazilian hitman has been injured since July 31 and has become increasingly frustrated as his recovery date has been repeatedly pushed back.

What was initially expected to be a routine thigh strain has now been revealed to be a much more serious complaint.

Reportedly disillusioned with the efforts of Milan’s medical team, Il Fenomeno opted to travel to Brazil to consult his national side’s doctor Jose Luis Runco, much to the chagrin of the Diavolo.

Runco accused the Rossoneri of misdiagnosing Ronaldo’s condition and a new course of treatment was undertaken, but now Runco’s methods are under the spotlight.

The procedure involves injections of protein strands from healthy blood into damaged tissue to encourage growth of damaged tissue – a process that Luigi Frati believes is a form of doping.

Ronaldo is due to return to Milan within the next 48 hours, but the man in charge of anti-doping procedure in Italy Ettore Torri has suggested that there may be an inquiry into his treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)