[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Ronaldo when he was on firm for Inter in 97-98 was quite easily the most talented player I have ever seen. Yes, I have seen Maradona, but in fairness he was reaching end of his peak, and yes, I have seen Baggio in his awesome Juve days, Zizou etc, but my goodness, when Ronaldo had balls on his feet, I never seen defenders frightened as much as they did. So I feel bad for the man that he has had all those injuries to go through, and then he gets another rare injury that 99.9999% of players won't suffer.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ronaldo when he was on firm for Inter in 97-98 was quite easily the most talented player I have ever seen. Yes, I have seen Maradona, but in fairness he was reaching end of his peak, and yes, I have seen Baggio in his awesome Juve days, Zizou etc, but my goodness, when Ronaldo had balls on his feet, I never seen defenders frightened as much as they did. So I feel bad for the man that he has had all those injuries to go through, and then he gets another rare injury that 99.9999% of players won't suffer.
Any player who chooses to play for Inter and Real Madrid gets no sympathy from me.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Any player who chooses to play for Inter and Real Madrid gets no sympathy from me.
Haha, of course, I dont feel sorry for the Ronaldo personally. The guy probably earns more in a year that I will do in my lifetime. So heck, I couldnt care less of what Ronaldo becomes tomorrow.:D

But as a fan of this game, like Del Piero, I think God has robbed us some most magical moments that I can talk to my kids, and grandkids in the future. I mean those half volley against Fiorentina, and step over on Marcheginani, :disagree: , those are only possible by their god given talents. I bet even Marchegiani will tell his grandkids, Ronaldo step over me in the Final of UEFA Cup with pride one day.:smoke: So I only feel sorry for the sporting achievement he did not fulfill. Having said that, given that he would have stayed Inter for many years, it probably wasnt all that bad for Juve.:p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Kaka pens bumper contract

It is rumoured Milan have agreed to give Kaka a new contract worth £5.5m per season to stave off Real Madrid’s advances.

The Brazilian rejected an offer to almost triple his wages – currently at £3.7m – if he went to the Bernabeu this summer and will be rewarded for his loyalty.

The 'Corriere dello Sport’ claims that a new agreement has been drawn up to give 'Ricky’ £5.5m per season until 2011, although an extension to 2012 is on the cards.

“Kaka deserves a pay rise, so we will happily give that to him,” commented President Silvio Berlusconi after the European Super Cup victory.

“We have to be careful, though, as there has to be a balance within the club and locker room for all the players.”

Kaka has earned himself the right to be an exception after his exploits over the past 12 months for the Rossoneri.

Top scorer in the Champions League, UEFA’s Player of the Tournament and front-runner for the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards, he is widely considered to be the greatest player in circulation right now.

He has had a splendid start to the new campaign as well, scoring five goals in six official games between Milan and Brazil.

Mancini back in business

Amantino Mancini is finally ready to make his return from injury and is not concerned that Roma may have been doing well enough without him.

“I cannot wait to play, give my contribution and make my mark,” said the Brazilian winger.

The Giallorossi are top of the Serie A table, have not conceded a single goal in two games and beat Inter for the Italian Super Cup without the aid of Mancini.

“I do believe I have a long way to go yet, above all in terms of consistency, but I am sure that I can give even more to Roma.”

The arrival of Ludovic Giuly and fellow Brazilian Cicinho means there is more competition for places at the Stadio Olimpico this term.

“It is extra motivation to have more components of great quality in the side,” insisted Mancini on Sky Italia.

“I wouldn’t want to be in Coach Luciano Spalletti’s shoes, as there are so many options to choose from and who deserve to be first team players. I do believe that greater competition for places is a positive thing, though.”

The former Venezia man is set to make his comeback this Sunday afternoon against Reggina, hoping to keep Roma on top of the Serie A standings.

“I am so very happy to be back playing again and to be a part of this squad,” he concluded.

It is hoped he will also be fit enough to start in Roma’s Champions League opener with Dynamo Kiev on Wednesday evening.

Top clubs plan Super League?

There are reports that Inter, Juventus, Milan, Roma and Napoli staged a secret meeting to propose a new Super League.

The newspapers in Italy suggest that the clubs came together on Thursday after the Lega Calcio – the union of all Serie A and B sides – voted for Parma’s Tommaso Ghirardi as a representative rather than Juve candidate Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

This left the giants with no voting representative in the Lega Calcio, so they walked out on the session and Milan general manager Adriano Galliani pledged: “We will not stand by impotently.”

It is now claimed that they are planning to set up a new Super League that will split off from the Lega Calcio.

“These five clubs represent 84 per cent of the sport’s fans in Italy, so they cannot be given the same political weight as the other 15,” added Galliani.

However, the same reports note that it is probably a scare tactic to force the other sides into giving them some leeway within the Lega Calcio.

Above all, there is a battle over pay-per-view television contracts, which from next year will be sold collectively, as they are in the Premier League.

At the moment, each club negotiates its own television deal with the companies, which has led to some contracts massively outweighing the others.

The issue has particularly hit Serie B, as none of the games from 2007-08 are on Italian television due to the failure to secure the rights.

The Serie B sides have threatened to go on strike and halt the campaign if a new deal is not negotiated.

“We are working together to find a solution,” assured FIGC President Giancarlo Abete. “However, we cannot think this will be sorted out overnight.”

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
HT: Dida dumb, Kaladze dumber :lol:

Milan are trailing 1-0 at Siena at half-time after a truly comical mix-up between Nelson Dida and Kakha Kaladze.

This was the first match played since the stadium was renamed the Stadio Artemio Franchi Montepaschi, bringing in the name of the club sponsor.

The Rossoneri were preparing for their Champions League opener with Benfica, so left Kaka, Andrea Pirlo, Massimo Oddo and the injured Ronaldo behind, giving Emerson his first start for the club. Last season this fixture ended 4-3 for the visitors and Siena feared a repeat, as they had lost both their Serie A games so far this term with one goal in favour and five against. Argentine defender Leandro Grimi got to face the club that still owns his contract.

Milan were clearly in a hurry to secure the points and almost scored after 24 seconds when Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos parried an Alberto Gilardino left-foot volley set up by Emerson.

From the resulting corner kick, Clarence Seedorf's cross found the head of Gilardino for another decisive save, this time with Eleftheropolous' feet.

Yet Siena slowly got into the game as well and on 13 minutes had an excellent scoring opportunity. Daniele Galloppa dribbled past three players on the left flank and only a splendid Nelson Dida reaction save prevented him smashing a left-foot shot in at the near post.

It was Siena who took the lead in comical circumstances with Milan's version of Dumb & Dumber. Dida fumbled a timid Cristian Bucchi effort and Kakha Kaladze was ready to clear, but he too tripped up over the ball and left it for Massimo Maccarone's close-range finish. However, replays suggest the former Middlesbrough man was clearly offside.

Paolo De Ceglie also dummied the confused Kaladze soon after to fire over the bar, while Seedorf should have done better with his lob. On 33 minutes Marcos Cafu sprung the offside trap down the right and only some desperate defending in the six-yard box prevented him from netting.

Maccarone charged down the right past Giuseppe Favalli and Dida parried his powerful low drive with an outstretched foot. Then Bucchi's shot took a deflection and skimmed the head of Simone Loria.

Yoann Gourcuff's attempt was smothered by Eleftheropoulos, as was a Seedorf piledriver towards the base of the near post.

Siena: Eleftheropoulos; Rossettini, Portanova, Loria; Grimi; Jarolim, Vergassola, Galloppa; De Ceglie, Maccarone, Bucchi

Milan: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi; Gourcuff, Seedorf; Gilardino

hijjawi (D1G)

Feb 26, 2007
Siena vs Milan (1:1) Goals and Chances:

Siena vs Milan:chance for Milan by Seadorf
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382063

Siena vs Milan: very dangerous chance for Siena but Dida saves

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382076

Siena vs Milan: 1st goal for Siena by Maccarone
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382092

Siena vs Milan: nice shoot by Seadorf but Siena keeper saves
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382113

Siena vs Milan: another mistake by Khaladze leads to a chance for Siena
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382178

Siena vs Milan: dangerous chamce for Milan cleared from the goal line
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382181

Siena vs Milan: dangerous chance for Milan from a freekick by Seadorf
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382209

Siena vs Milan: the first goal for Milan by Nesta (1-1)
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382225

Siena vs Milan: what a shoot from Seadorf hits the post
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1382236

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)