[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
We can all see how harshly we've been treated this weekend but to be 3rd, only 4 points off top at this stage would have been fine in my book, not too shabby for a team just up from B. The road back will be long & very difficult.
word. hopefully we wont be seeing more of last night.
now we just need to concentrate on empoli and unleash our rage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For those of you who are speculating Mourinho going to Milan, did you see that Berlusconi watched the game with Sacchi and Capello sitting next to him?

I had the thought of Mourinho going to Milan but I don't see him getting in agreement with Berlusconi and this is what Berlusconi knows and that's why i think he'll avoid him.

On another note

FORZA GENOA

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Berlusconi: I Am Not Worried

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi is not worried by the club's poor form in Serie A and is confident the team will soon start winning again.

The Rossoneri have had their worst start to a Serie A season for 24 years and slipped up again today with a 1-0 loss at home to Roma.

The result means that Milan have won just two of their opening nine league games, and they currently sit in 13th position, 11 points behind league-leaders Inter, and only two points above the relegation zone.

"Milan are European Champions, European Supercup Champions, and next month will be fighting for the World Club Cup," said Berlusconi.

"We are not distracted. Unfortunately in football there is a lot of irrationality. But there's no need to be worried.

"I have had a long career as President of this club and I remember years when we have gone though some negative periods and then returned to start winning again. I am not worried."

Milan will be hoping to kickstart their domestic campaign on Wednesday night when they travel to another struggling side, Sampdoria.

goal.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
For those of you who are speculating Mourinho going to Milan, did you see that Berlusconi watched the game with Sacchi and Capello sitting next to him?

I had the thought of Mourinho going to Milan but I don't see him getting in agreement with Berlusconi and this is what Berlusconi knows and that's why i think he'll avoid him.

On another note

FORZA GENOA
I hope your right, even bringing Capello would also mean better and boring Milan and definitly not winning CL

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hope your right, even bringing Capello would also mean better and boring Milan and definitly not winning CL
The only thing I don't want with Mourinho joining Milan is bringing Drogba with him, I'd hate to see one of my favourite players play in a team I really dislike, other than that, I believe in Juve power, other teams being strong is only more pleasure when we win.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
word. hopefully we wont be seeing more of last night.
now we just need to concentrate on empoli and unleash our rage.
Def hope your right there Bisc.

I noticed that, hope so, they are welcome to Crapello. Imagine an Ale winner v Milan, sticking it to the Don.

fantastic results today, as long as milan are far, we surely have a shot on CL spot :tup:
:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Cassano temper flares in Catania
Sunday 28 October, 2007

Channel4.com wrote:

Antonio Cassano insulted Vincenzo Montella and stormed off, while Sampdoria accuse Catania of attacking them in the players’ tunnel.

The 2-0 home win at the Stadio Massimino was a hotbed of controversy and incident this afternoon.

The problems started before kick-off, when the Blucerchiati allege five Catania stewards insulted and pushed their players.

“We have only informed the FIGC of what happened, but we will not present an appeal against the result,” explained a statement from the club.

“Some of our directors and players were approached and verbally attacked – in some cases physically attacked – by some of the stadium workers.”

Catania have reacted furiously to this allegation and President Antonino Pulvirenti rushed to the defence of his staff.

“We are indignant at this accusation. I have spoken to the figure responsible for public order and he told me nothing happened. Just a few shouts, a purely verbal disagreement.

“They wanted to use the situation to veer the match in a certain way, but we did well to win fair and square on the pitch.”

During the week there had already been very public arguments between the sides. Catania director of sport Pietro Lo Monaco had pointed out how Coach Walter Mazzarri – who last season was in charge of Reggina – told the media he was “disappointed” that Chievo had been relegated rather than Catania.

“Mazzarri was unhappy about Catania staying in Serie A last summer, then he comes here and bases everything on confusion,” continued Pulvirenti.

“We have a statement from the police confirming that nothing happened. The rest is all talk.”

Sampdoria also hit the headlines during the game for another ‘Cassanata’ – the name Fabio Capello gave to the bursts of anger that often affected Cassano in his career.

Making his first start of the season, he lasted just 39 minutes before limping off with a new thigh injury. He did not wait for the bench to complete the substitution, instead walking straight off the pitch.

Teammate Montella tried to stop him, but Cassano shook off his hand and clearly swore at the former Roma man, demanding to be left alone and asking him “are you crazy?”

Anyone watched the game? :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yesterday:

Torino 2-0 Cagliari
Napoli 3-1 Juventus

Today:

AC Milan 0 - 1 AS Roma
Catania 2 - 0 Sampdoria
Empoli 0 - 1 Atalanta
Lazio 0 - 1 Udinese
Palermo 0 - 0 Inter Milan
Parma 3 - 2 Livorno
Siena 0 - 0 Reggina

Genoa 0 - 0 Fiorentina

League table

Inter 21
Roma 18
Fiorentina 17
Juventus 17
Udinese 15
Napoli 14
Atalanta 14
Catania 13
Palermo 13
Genoa 13
Torino 11
Sampdoria 11
Milan 10
Lazio 10
Parma 9
Cagliari 8
Empoli 8
Siena 7
Reggina 5
Livorno 2

TOPSCORERS

Z. Ibrahimovic 7
D. Trézéguet 7
F. Totti 7
Kaka 6
A. Mutu 6
M. Borriello 5
P. Foggia 4
V. Iaquinta 4

Top 5 Referees

Rocchi, G.
Rosetti, R.
Banti, L.
Rizzoli, N.
Giannoccaro, A.

Top 5 Goal Score Rate

AS Roma 36 mins
Fiorentina 39 mins
Juventus 40 mins
Inter Milan 43 mins
Napoli 48 mins

31 October 2007

Roma v Lazio
Atalanta v Cagliari
Fiorentina v Napoli
Internazionale v Genoa
Juventus v Empoli
Palermo v Parma
Reggina v Livorno
Sampdoria v Milan
Siena v Catania
Udinese v Torino

Boksic

May 11, 2005
decent results for Juve, we only lost an extra point on Inter and Fiorentina dropped 2 points too!

Most importantly, milan didnt close the gap on us! we need to maintain this gap as long as we can to achieve a champions league spot

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Channel 4 puts us at 3rd
Lol,
well, we have 18:10 (+8) while Fiorentina has 16:7 (+9). They have the same points with us and better goal difference.
But goal difference is not important at all. What counts is that we didn't lose too much with yesterday's defeat. It could have been much worse if Fiorentina and Inter won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)