[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Paris Saint Germain goalkeeper Mikael Landreau could replace Nelson Dida at Milan this month, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Despite their public notes of support, the Rossoneri have finally decided that Dida’s time at the club is up, following a host of catastrophic errors.

It was originally believed that, due to the lack of viable alternatives in the January transfer market, Dida would remain as Milan’s No.1 until the end of the season.

He would then be replaced by either Fiorentina’s Sebastien Frey, Celtic’s Artur Boruc or possibly PSV Eindhoven’s Gomes.

However PSG have now offered France international goalkeeper Mikael Landreau to Milan.

The 28-year-old was once regarded as one of the most promising young shot-stoppers in Europe when he burst onto the scene as a teenager with Nantes in the mid-1990s.

However his career has never really taken off as expected, despite a move to PSG in the summer of 2006.

He has won 11 caps for the national side and travelled to the World Cup in Germany.

Unfortunately he is perhaps most remembered with Les Bleus for a horrendous Dida-like error in Paris last September, which allowed James McFadden to score in Scotland’s famous 1-0 victory.

Landreau is a penalty-saving expert and is also eligible to play in the knockout stages of the Champions League should Milan decide to sign him.

-----------------------------------------------------

It would be funny..as this guy isnt much different than Dida..overall a good keeper...but with blunders that will never fail to make you laugh.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
at least we can watch the Milan keeping horror show continue for some time to come.

makes you wonder what Frey has to do to get a move to a big club

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
New world player of the year Kaka is 'sad' after gay readers of GMagazine demanded he pose nude for their centrefold. Kaka, who says he'll keep his trophy in a church 'to thank the Lord', refused the shoot 'for God reasons', prompting the mag to hire a Kaka lookalike using Kaka's name. Kaka's spokesman says they'll take 'intense legal action'.
:shocked:

Jul 2, 2006
@mark

Juve, Roma & Viola Target Vargas Leaving In The Summer – Agent

Juan Manuel Vargas, the player nicknamed ‘Catania’s Roberto Carlos’, will leave Sicily in the summer according to his agent Carlos Alberto Delgato.

The Catania star has probably been the best-left back in Serie A so far this season, and he has been a complete revelation since moving to Italy from Colon de Santa Fe in 2006.

The 24-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of top European clubs, including Juventus, Roma, Liverpool and Fiorentina.

“For me personally, I have not heard anything from Fiorentina,” Delgato told Firenzeviola.it.

“Although I cannot possibly know if they have spoken directly with Catania.”

Vargas’ brilliant and skilful raids down the left flank has led to speculation that he could leave his current club this month, however Delgato believes that a move won’t tale place until the summer.

“My client has a contract until 2010. In Catania he feels good but after two seasons it will be time for a change, so I think in the summer he will leave the Sicilian club,” Delgato explained.

“It will be difficult however for a transfer to take place as early as the winter market.”

Vargas has won 15 caps for the Peruvian national team, scoring two goals, including the equaliser against Brazil in the recent 1-1 World Cup qualifying draw.

Anthony Sormani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)