[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Almirion and Tiago definitly belongs to transfer flops, not to a worst team cuz they didn't had a chance to show how bad/good they play. The same goes to Ronaldo and Adriano.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah right, Tiago deserves to be there because Emerson, Brocchi and Gattuso were much better than him
:faq1:

But if Mr.Garganese is talking about players who were expected to leave their mark in this year's serie A and they didn't ( for no matter what reason), then this list is more or less spot on.

The worst serie A team so far is :

Dida
Oddo-Maldini-Nesta-Jankulovski
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Gilardino

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, it has nothing to do with bias. It's all about what the TV shows.

Take 2 normal football fans from Norway and Romania, fans of Rosenborg and Steaua.
They watch all the CL matches their TV stations show and since EPL is the league that most TV's buy out the rights for, these two fans have the chance to watch 3 or 4 EPL matches during the weekends.
They don't have to be biased at all to chose Chech over Buffon, for a simple reason that they haven't seen a single match of Juventus during the year while they watched Chech at least 25 times during the season.

That's where Buffon is handicaped and that's why he'll find it harder to make it into the team of the season 2007/08.
My understanding is that we werent talking about normal football fans..werent you talking about the so called "experts" that give the individual awards(fifa and france football)??
Because there is no way those people are biased to the EPL.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
My understanding is that we werent talking about normal football fans..werent you talking about the so called "experts" that give the individual awards(fifa and france football)??
Because there is no way those people are biased to the EPL.
I never mentioned bias, man. You did it. I was talking about how much info and knowledge even these "experts" have.
I also wasn't talking about FIFA award or Ballon d'or because these two are given for the best player of the calendar year.
But the principe is still the same.
Fifa award is given after all the coaches and captains of all the national teams in the world vote for 3 players by giving 5, 3 and 1 point.
Now, if it's a world cup year, what are the competitions coaches from Asia, Africa and Oceania follow ? The World Cup, of course.
No wonder the guy who has the best world cup is usually the winner of Fifa WPOY.

If it's not a World Cup year, most of these coaches and players follow the CL and the winner is usually the guy who had the best CL campaign.
And if we're talking about the leagues, then EPL is the most followed league and players from this league always have an advantage over players from serie A ( of course, the condition is if they have equally good CL campaign). La Liga also has advantage over serie A
The coaches and the captains won't vote for Rooney over Trez because they are biased to the EPL but because they have no idea how did Trez play during the year.

With Ballon d'or it's the same case, just that journalists from all over the world vote.

Look at the results from this year's Ballon d'or
1. Kaká, 444
2. Cristiano Ronaldo, 277 pts
3. Lionel Andrès Messi, 255 pts
4. Didier Drogba, 108 pts
5. Andrea Pirlo, 41 pts
6. Ruud van Nistelrooy 39 pts.
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic 31 pts.
8. Cesc Fabregas 27 pts.
9. Robinho 24 pts
10. Totti 20 pts

Totti, the best player in Serie A, the golden boot winner, who had a great season in serie A and a very solid season even in CL is 10th placed, behind Drogba, Fabregas and Robinho.
That's a clear proof for me that 90% of the ones who voted didn't even follow serie A.
Fabregas was very good in EPL but wasn't good in CL. Then why did he win more points than Totti ? Probably because the voters do follow EPL much more than they follow serie A ?
Pirlo had pathetic serie A season and few good matches in CL and he's 5th placed. I can't help thinking that the ones who voted for him never watched a single serie A match last year.
A lot of serie A players won Ballon d'or in last years but i'm 100% sure they won it because of their performances at the world cups or the champions league, never because of their serie A performances.

I'm not one of those EPL haters. I don't follow the league too much but i don't mind not even a little bit for EPL being so popular.
I'm just stating a fact that it's more popular than serie A and this gives a wrong picture sometimes, which is obvious after reading what pitbull said.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I never mentioned bias, man. You did it. I was talking about how much info and knowledge even these "experts" have.
I also wasn't talking about FIFA award or Ballon d'or because these two are given for the best player of the calendar year.
But the principe is still the same.
Fifa award is given after all the coaches and captains of all the national teams in the world vote for 3 players by giving 5, 3 and 1 point.
Now, if it's a world cup year, what are the competitions coaches from Asia, Africa and Oceania follow ? The World Cup, of course.
No wonder the guy who has the best world cup is usually the winner of Fifa WPOY.

If it's not a World Cup year, most of these coaches and players follow the CL and the winner is usually the guy who had the best CL campaign.
And if we're talking about the leagues, then EPL is the most followed league and players from this league always have an advantage over players from serie A ( of course, the condition is if they have equally good CL campaign). La Liga also has advantage over serie A
The coaches and the captains won't vote for Rooney over Trez because they are biased to the EPL but because they have no idea how did Trez play during the year.

With Ballon d'or it's the same case, just that journalists from all over the world vote.

Look at the results from this year's Ballon d'or
1. Kaká, 444
2. Cristiano Ronaldo, 277 pts
3. Lionel Andrès Messi, 255 pts
4. Didier Drogba, 108 pts
5. Andrea Pirlo, 41 pts
6. Ruud van Nistelrooy 39 pts.
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic 31 pts.
8. Cesc Fabregas 27 pts.
9. Robinho 24 pts
10. Totti 20 pts

Totti, the best player in Serie A, the golden boot winner, who had a great season in serie A and a very solid season even in CL is 10th placed, behind Drogba, Fabregas and Robinho.
That's a clear proof for me that 90% of the ones who voted didn't even follow serie A.
Fabregas was very good in EPL but wasn't good in CL. Then why did he win more points than Totti ? Probably because the voters do follow EPL much more than they follow serie A ?
Pirlo had pathetic serie A season and few good matches in CL and he's 5th placed. I can't help thinking that the ones who voted for him never watched a single serie A match last year.
A lot of serie A players won Ballon d'or in last years but i'm 100% sure they won it because of their performances at the world cups or the champions league, never because of their serie A performances.

I'm not one of those EPL haters. I don't follow the league too much but i don't mind not even a little bit for EPL being so popular.
I'm just stating a fact that it's more popular than serie A and this gives a wrong picture sometimes, which is obvious after reading what pitbull said.
I agree that it is outrageous to have, Cesc and Robinho ahead of Totti after great performances last season...and maybe it is because Serie A has become less popular these days..But you have to admit..that it is pretty odd that no player from the EPL(which is one of the top 3 leagues in the world at least) has ever won it..

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Yeah right, Tiago deserves to be there because Emerson, Brocchi and Gattuso were much better than him
:faq1:

But if Mr.Garganese is talking about players who were expected to leave their mark in this year's serie A and they didn't ( for no matter what reason), then this list is more or less spot on.

The worst serie A team so far is :

Dida
Oddo-Maldini-Nesta-Jankulovski
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Gilardino
I don't even know which paragraph was the most... lovely. :lol:

TBH this proves one thing and one thing only. Lack of vision for the game.

You just described the CL winning team as bad. :D

Enough said.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the CL team won the league last season. This season they have been terrible. Just look at Milan's domestic home wins.

enough said.

May 22, 2007
"Worst team of SERIE A so far"

seriously, you think they care what milan did in the champions league? look where they are in the table, and come back to me with a non moronic post which has had thought placed into it. kthnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)