[ITA] Serie A 2007/2008 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
1) actually no. arsenal?
2) they are between best goalies this season. buffon isnt, because juve arent between best teams this season (in cl). of course everyone has his opinion and this is just mine, im not trying to be buda or jesus.

about quality teams in england and italy - 7., 8., 9. and 10. place in EPL and Serie A.

Napoli < Pourtsmouth
Atalanta < Aston Villa
Sampdoria ~ West Ham (really havent seen much of these teams this season)
Catania < Blackburn
Man if I somehow could reach I would slap you to another dimension. Your statements are bullshit, you're saying that Gigi isn't the best couse Juve isn't among best clubs this season?? Doesn't that make him even better, fi we don't play in one of the best clubs and have let's say crappa defense in front of him and he still didn't concede many goals doesn't that make him look better. Imagine how least goals he woud concede if he had Nesta, Canna, Terry or Rio and VIdic in front of him. I don't know are you really that stupid to rate Almunia and Valdes above Buffon just couse they play in CL :disagree: By you logic than Robinson is also better than Gigi cuz he plays in England and Uefa cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only way what pitbull says to have at least a bit of logic is if he wants to say that Buffon can't win an award for the best goalkeeper in season 2007/08.
Only in this case he'll be right because it's very hard for a goalkeeper who doesn't play CL and his team won't make it at least to the quarters of CL, to win the best goalkeeper in the season award.

If this isn't what pitbull wanted to say then i also agree that everything he said is pure BS !

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Buffon could win Ballon d'or if Italia could win Euro 2008
Yeah, i hope so. But it will be an award for the year 2008, not for the season 2007/08.
If there are any awards for the season 2007/08 then he'll have a hard time to win them because all those "experts" who give these awards watch only CL and EPL and they won't have a clue that Gigi is head and sholders above all the others at the moment and that he's having the form of his life.

Dec 26, 2004
Pitbull, u should be shot and hanged for this blasphemy you're saying. Shot and hanged. To question Buffon's ability? To think for a second he's not the #1 keeper in the world, for a number of years already, is simply ludicrous and it only makes me question your sanity. Sorry for being so blunt and direct but that's the way it is. If there's one player in Juventus currently that's exempt from being questioned over his ability, it's Buffon. No one in the world comes close to this guy. End of story.
I would add Krypton considering his nickname;)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Nevermind pitbull. He's just having his period...

And I don't care that "it's just his opinion". Retarded opinions have to be made fun of.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
1) actually no. arsenal?
2) they are between best goalies this season. buffon isnt, because juve arent between best teams this season (in cl). of course everyone has his opinion and this is just mine, im not trying to be buda or jesus.

about quality teams in england and italy - 7., 8., 9. and 10. place in EPL and Serie A.

Napoli < Pourtsmouth
Atalanta < Aston Villa
Sampdoria ~ West Ham (really havent seen much of these teams this season)
Catania < Blackburn
1) Yes Arsenal
2)I handpicked Valdes and Almunia for a reason..its because both play with big teams, in the "best leagues" in your opinion, in the CL..but they're both utter shit keepers...it is criminal to even contemplate putting those two in the same sentence as Buffon.
@pitbull

L’Equipe Team of the Year in full:

Buffon (Juventus), D. Alves (Sevilla), Vidic (Manchester Utd), Gallas (Arsenal), Evra (Manchester Utd); Kakà (Milan), Fabregas (Arsenal), Gerrard (Liverpool), C. Ronaldo (Manchester Utd); Drogba (Chelsea), Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
Rather ironic wouldnt you think..that you laugh at the EPL, then bring on a team of the year with 7 epl players in it, stating it as evidence.

Yeah, i hope so. But it will be an award for the year 2008, not for the season 2007/08.
If there are any awards for the season 2007/08 then he'll have a hard time to win them because all those "experts" who give these awards watch only CL and EPL and they won't have a clue that Gigi is head and sholders above all the others at the moment and that he's having the form of his life.
What are you talking about mate?? are you implying they have some kind of EPL bias??
Because No EPL player has ever won the Fifa award..and only one EPL player has won the Ballon D'or for the past 14-16 years iirc.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
oh, seems like here its hard to have other opinions than the pro-juve one :) anyway, my explination will be short and maybe too short, but what i wanted to say is, top goalie is rated after his performances in cl, nt and league. if buffon isnt in cl and plays for league were 6 or 7 teams is in CL level (in EPL this number is 9 or even 10, same la liga), than he misses too much to be rated between guys who plays twice as much games and have to make twice as much stable performances. we can just imagine how would he do. anyway, sounds like i have to improve my english, almost no one got my point. :D
Buffon is tested in CL, World cup and Serie A you fool!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
what did you expect,last season was worst year in Italian footbal history.A goalkeeper who played in Serie B in their squad still.
i'm not questioning buffons selection in that team..i totally agree with it..i'm just saying that, you are using it as evidence, even though it has 7 epl players..so couldnt someone for example us it as evidence of how good epl players are.??

May 22, 2007
i'm not questioning buffons selection in that team..i totally agree with it..i'm just saying that, you are using it as evidence, even though it has 7 epl players..so couldnt someone for example us it as evidence of how good epl players are.??
I would say that it is biased to EPL, but that means that they would have put Cech in goal. Vidic, Gerrard and Drogba don't deserve a place in there. Evra could be replaced as well.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would say that it is biased to EPL, but that means that they would have put Cech in goal. Vidic, Gerrard and Drogba don't deserve a place in there. Evra could be replaced as well.
This particular team selection is definitely biased to the EPL, i think Vidic and Drogba deserve a place in that lineup..but Evra, Gerrard, Cesc and Gallas dont imo..i just thought it was ironic that turk laughed at the EPL..then used Le Equipe's team(that included 7 epl players) as evidence that buffon is the best keeper in the world..doesnt it also serve evidence on the superiority of epl players too then??

Jul 2, 2006
This particular team selection is definitely biased to the EPL, i think Vidic and Drogba deserve a place in that lineup..but Evra, Gerrard, Cesc and Gallas dont imo..i just thought it was ironic that turk laughed at the EPL..then used Le Equipe's team(that included 7 epl players) as evidence that buffon is the best keeper in the world..doesnt it also serve evidence on the superiority of epl players too then??
I told you.Last season was worst year in Italian football history.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What are you talking about mate?? are you implying they have some kind of EPL bias??
Because No EPL player has ever won the Fifa award..and only one EPL player has won the Ballon D'or for the past 14-16 years iirc.
No, it has nothing to do with bias. It's all about what the TV shows.

Take 2 normal football fans from Norway and Romania, fans of Rosenborg and Steaua.
They watch all the CL matches their TV stations show and since EPL is the league that most TV's buy out the rights for, these two fans have the chance to watch 3 or 4 EPL matches during the weekends.
They don't have to be biased at all to chose Chech over Buffon, for a simple reason that they haven't seen a single match of Juventus during the year while they watched Chech at least 25 times during the season.

That's where Buffon is handicaped and that's why he'll find it harder to make it into the team of the season 2007/08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)