[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (30 Viewers)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
3-1 to Inter, nice goals by Adriano and Zlatan. The penalty was a little so-so, unnecessary to send of Abbiati IMO.

Wilhelmsson impressed me in few occasions that I have seen him play. A real speedster and viable alternative to Taddei IMO. He should provide some penetration down the side, something Taddei lacks, and as an assist man, he is top class. The key to his stay, IMO, is whether he can goals or not. Roman system requires its wide man to get into the box, and contribute a lot in terms of getting goals because its trequarsista doesnt score too many. But for that some of money, Roma got themselves a real bargain.
Wilhelmsson can play on either flank and can replace both Mancini and Taddei which will be a great asset to him in Roma. If the key is scoring goals he won't have a big problem, I rate his scoring ability just as high as Freddies. To me, physically, he's got everything he needs to succeed in Roma. But he has showed some motivation and inconsistency problems in the past which I am worried about.

He can be a bit of a showboater, not as much as Zlatan but some. :) Which seems to be popular in Italy so I don't think the odds are against him.

Will he be eligible right away? Would love to see him vs Messina tomorrow.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Wilhelmsson can play on either flank and can replace both Mancini and Taddei which will be a great asset to him in Roma. If the key is scoring goals he won't have a big problem, I rate his scoring ability just as high as Freddies. To me, physically, he's got everything he needs to succeed in Roma. But he has showed some motivation and inconsistency problems in the past which I am worried about.

He can be a bit of a showboater, not as much as Zlatan but some. :) Which seems to be popular in Italy so I don't think the odds are against him.

Will he be eligible right away? Would love to see him vs Messina tomorrow.
Yepp, Wilhelmsson will be available for Spalletti's disposal tomorrow. He will most likely find himself starting off the bench though. As for your promising words about Le Chipp I say we should hold our horses. Being a top player in the Belgian league is one thing, producing in a Serie A major team is another.
I'm excited though, wishing my fellow countryman all the best in Roma.

No congrats? What better way to beat the record in your own backyard. Sweeeeet.
The record is still at 11 Serie A wins. This campaign is... something very different.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Yepp, Wilhelmsson will be available for Spalletti's disposal tomorrow. He will most likely find himself starting off the bench though. As for your promising words about Le Chipp I say we should hold our horses. Being a top player in the Belgian league is one thing, producing in a Serie A major team is another.
I'm excited though, wishing my fellow countryman all the best in Roma.
Just read that he might even start on Aftonbladet, nice.

And yeah the Belgian league is one thing, but it's hard not to get a little carried away. It's been a good start of the year and a good past year for us Swedes clubwise. :) So all the best to the chipzter.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I'm actually becoming a fan of RadioRai now, I'm listening again since it did not manage to watch the game I wanted (Palermo-Udinese). Let's hope Roma doesn't give Inter the Scudetto too early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)