Ita-Juve (2 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Quality wins. Be it Italian or non-Italian quality.

And ok, I can finally accept the fact that we have so many average Italian players for the reason that we couldn't buy top quality and when choosing between Italian average player vs Foreign average player we chose the Italian. Ok, it happened, so be it.
But I don't agree with opinions like the one the member Birindelli presented that we need to remain the "All Italian" team. If it's quality, go for it no matter where it originates from.

And as things stand (lack of potential in Italian youth football) then I'm afraid that I will be against an ItalJuve in the next 4-5 years simply because I don't see bright future for it.

Edit: I wrote the above before reading your last post, Birindelli. I agree with many of your points in the last post, but still, if there is lack of Italian quality players, a core of Italians won't do us much good.
We don't need to be all Italian, but I do appreciate an Italian core. That doesn't even mean our biggest stars have to be Italian, but I do like it when our back ups are Italian. For example players like Birindelli who are not particularly gifted, but are good team players, should be Italian IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If the club could have the same success with XI Italians or XI players with different nationalities what would you choose?
That has to be a "choose one or I kill you" question because I see no point in choosing if the success is the same. It's almost a hat pick because it makes no difference in the end if the team is all Italian or all foreign.

It will come down to financial benefits I guess. The Italian Juventini will still be Juventini no matter if the team has Italians or foreigners. It's almost a tradition that goes from father to son I believe.
But a foreign base will bring us many new fans from the countries where these foreigners come from so in the end the club will end up with bigger fan base worldwide and more money.

Some research about Inter could give a good answer to that. Comparison between the number of Italian Inter fans in 1990 and 2010. Their foreign fan base is undoubtedly growing so no need to research anything there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hmmm, I think I know why do you find it hard to understand.
To make it more understandable for you, imagine for a second that you're not Russian, nor you support the Russian NT, but for some reason you're a big Spartak Moscow fan and I ask you if you'd pick an all Russian starting XI or all Foreign starting XI that will bring equal success. Would it make any difference at all to you? It might make a difference to Sergey from Moscow, but to you?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If the club could have the same success with XI Italians or XI players with different nationalities what would you choose?
Depends. I guess if the Italians were all Juve youth products, I'd say the former for different reasons, including financial. But otherwise, I prefer a good mixture of nationalities.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That has to be a "choose one or I kill you" question because I see no point in choosing if the success is the same. It's almost a hat pick because it makes no difference in the end if the team is all Italian or all foreign.

It will come down to financial benefits I guess. The Italian Juventini will still be Juventini no matter if the team has Italians or foreigners. It's almost a tradition that goes from father to son I believe.
But a foreign base will bring us many new fans from the countries where these foreigners come from so in the end the club will end up with bigger fan base worldwide and more money.

Some research about Inter could give a good answer to that. Comparison between the number of Italian Inter fans in 1990 and 2010. Their foreign fan base is undoubtedly growing so no need to research anything there.
That's only a matter of being victorious. Inter of 1990 weren't as successful as that of 2010.

ManU has a big fan base in China and they don't need to have a Chinese player. Same with Real and Barca. Most of Barca players are Spanish and they still have probably the most fans in the world at the moment.

If the success was the same, I'd opt for an Italian team. I want Juve to be formed from Italian players, mostly those who grow withing the club youth systems.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Plus you have a thing for italian men, so you have very shady credibilty.:D
I don't. Only Del Piero :D

Make it Inter 1993 and Inter 2006.
My point was that the Italian fan base will more or less be the same.
The foreign fan base won't drastically change on the other hand to the extent that makes the financial benefits much bigger.

Arsenal can buy players from all over Africa and they still won't have many fans as long as they are shite :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Saying that we will win the league if we add Cassano to this squad is either a load of BS, or a huge insult to Del Piero. Or perhaps both.

Even with Alex in the team, on top of his form under Ranieri, we still couldn't win the league. Adding Cassano under a worse manager than Ranieri right now may take us from 5th to 3rd, but that's about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)