[ITA] Coppa Italia 2013/2014 (15 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Three excellent goals, but I can't say I thought a lot of Roma's general performance.

For large chunks of the game I thought they played in a fairly nothingy sort of fashion. They were often ten yards too deep to allow their (vastly superior) midfield to impose itself on Napoli's and really dominate the game, but were also playing ten yards higher up the pitch than a team typically would that was just looking to defend and play on the break.

There were also issues caused by Gervinho and Ljalic not working back well on the flanks (I understand the desire to keep Gervinho high up, but that means the guy on the other side needs to do more). It meant that Roma's full-backs were getting dragged forward and that then created space in the channels for Higuain to drift into and pull a central defender out of position (or the centre-half didn't go and Higuain got space) and Roma could easily have conceded more than the one goal they did concede from Higuain crosses from the channels.

There's so much wrong with Napoli that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Apr 8, 2013
So they'll beat us to the silver star.
Wow :lol: I've never seen such a bad attitude

This result is good for Napoli, scoring 2 away and losing by just 1 goal still leaves them good chances for the match at the San Paolo, and playing home will be an important factor, especially since the stadium will be full and the team and De Laurentiis (he went to the dressing room at half time) wants the final so badly.

Great Gervinho. He's always been good since he's at Roma, even if he's been a bit overhyped at the beginning of the season when he was treated like Ronaldo with no reason, missing so many chances, but lately he's increasing his performances in an unbelievable way. In two last matches, including the one at Verona, he's been immense.

Napoli, instead, is missing the best Hamsik badly. He was a keyplayer in the middle of the pitch for Napoli and for the way Benitez plays. No wonder that since his form dipped, the same happened to Napoli's season. The guys upfront, Higuain, Mertens, Callejon, are doing their best, but as I said at the beginning of the season, Napoli's team was a bit overrated; their midfield is nothing special, and their defense is complete shite. They're lucky to have gotten some points in a very controversial way, with luck and referees, and for Gomez and Rossi injures, if not they'd be far from their 3rd place.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He has been playing bad for a while, I have no idea what's from with him but Benitez uses him differently, he was always creating their attacks and had shitload of assists. So far in the season he has none.
Well he's coming back from injury, but there's only so long that that can be used as an excuse.

I don't like how Hamsik has developed over the last few years.

He used to play in a postion that was comparable to Lampard at Chelsea (Lampard in his prime - not how he's been used more recently). He could break forward from deep, he could see things developing in front of him and he gave a full defensive contribution for the team.

Down the years coaches have pushed him further and further forward and I don't think it gets the best out of him. His role now makes him more comparable to someone like Oezil. The advanced role means he gets on the ball less, makes it easier for teams to mark him/close him down and you can see the difference between his very good technique and the excellent technique that is often needed to be effective playing in those smaller spaces higher up the pitch.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'll be real here, I like what Roma have done. It's very Marotta-esque. Gervinho turns out to be a gem, Pjanic a superstar, Strootman is their version of the Vidal signing, Maicon does a Pirlo and plays at a high level again after being counted off(obviously not as good as Pirlo) and their new coach, just like ours is steering this team in the right direction.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't think they'll sell, maybe Pjanic, but they'll be active in the market to find a replacement.

But I don't think they'll be this consistent in the league next season when they're in the CL.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Roma might have their Curva closed for their next home match because of the chants "Odio Napoli" and "Vesuvio lavali col fuoco".

:sergio:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I hate our attitude towards Coppa. How come Real, Atletico, and Barca take it seriously... but no, we're too cool for it... fuck subs' feelings

I'm pissed off all over again...

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
:sergio:

Pathetic beyond all belief.
The double standards of what's considered discriminatory/offensive are so ridiculous. It's funny because the picture in the FI article about this is a picture of Roma's Curva with a "Lazio merda" banner. Apparently that's not offensive, but "Odio Napoli" is. :lol:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I hate our attitude towards Coppa. How come Real, Atletico, and Barca take it seriously... but no, we're too cool for it... fuck subs' feelings

I'm pissed off all over again...
Agreed.

What pisses me the most is our attitude there, it's like we're playing a goddamn friendly tournement, trying to show up as 'good' in the process. Ffs, just look at how Bayern plays it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)