[ITA] Coppa Italia 2013/2014 (88 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It was definitely an offside, but there's way too much ridiculous begging for calls in today's footie, so I don't mind someone actually paying for that even if Napoli benefits.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
What a joke.

Its so unfair that we get shit on in situations like these, and other teams get to quietly tuck it away.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Another example of the Italian media. Look at tomorrow's papers. No mention about Moggi being cleared in the GEA trial. Maybe a little paragraph in the CdS.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
La Juve contro tutti!

In Italy there's a set of rules for Juve and a set for the rest. Not in a good way for us.

- - - Updated - - -

We just deal with it and still win.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
just saw the controversial gol, it's a disgrace not to call the offside there, that guy should never ref again
According to the new rules (july 2013), I think it's not offside.

'INTERFERING’ – what the law used to say

“interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

“interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movement or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

INTERFERING – what the law now says

“interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

“interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movement or challenging an opponent for the ball.
In this case Higuain didn't obstruct Yepes(?) view of the ball. He just decided to be an idiot and not look at it.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I know some people really don't care for this cup, but I find it pretty neat, I hope we can win our 10th coppa. (Atleast before Roma)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i totally understand not calling that. the defender was being a dipshit like i said before. everyone is taught to play on until the game is stopped and i hate when players appeal to the referee. soccer can take a page from rubgy's book where only the captain is allowed to talk to the ref.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)