[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (2 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

I know and I remember. That's why I wrote that it has got to end.
And I agree that the new system is too slow and complicated, but I think that the main problem is that in Italy it seems that we are afraid to make the laws be respected (especially in the stadiums, that are like a lawless territory). So the criminals that go to the stadium continue to do whatever they want to, because they know that, even if they're caught, they will be released in a couple of days.
I agree with you in some points, but I also disagree strongly in some points. The amount of diffidati is huge, and most certainly many of ultras have got their bans based on very light evidence and action. Many people have been banned for nothing, just because of police's discretion, and now they have to spend their weekends reporting their actions at the police station. I think that is a big price to pay for your bad reputation.

On the other hand everyone know that there are some criminals along the groups. But you've got to remember that people in the stadiums reflect the image of local society, naturally there are few rotten apple in the society, so of course the are few criminals in the game every single time too. It would be impossible to pick them all out. :undecide:

Buy on AliExpress.com

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

I agree with you in some points, but I also disagree strongly in some points. The amount of diffidati is huge, and most certainly many of ultras have got their bans based on very light evidence and action. Many people have been banned for nothing, just because of police's discretion, and now they have to spend their weekends reporting their actions at the police station. I think that is a big price to pay for your bad reputation.

On the other hand everyone know that there are some criminals along the groups. But you've got to remember that people in the stadiums reflect the image of local society, naturally there are few rotten apple in the society, so of course the are few criminals in the game every single time too. It would be impossible to pick them all out. :undecide:
You are right. There are many tifosi that got banned for nothing and this is really, really bad. But there are many others that are known for their criminal actions and are still there.
It's probably because in Italy we haven't really found a balance yet. It's like we don't care that much about these situations, then something happens and to cover up the previous mistakes we become too strick and we make pay innocent people. Then what happened goes forgotten and we return to the beginning until something happens again.
The Ascoli episode was in the "who-cares-it's-not-like-something-will-happen-here" phase: how can you enter in a stadium with a rocket launcher?

It's true that in every normal environment there are a few rotten apples, but in this case the environment isn't "normal". There is a sense of insanity, you know? It feels like the rotten apples, thanks to the semi lawless situation going on, gather at the stadium to express their instinct. Or probably the fact of being at the stadium makes some normal people become rotten apples? The day after the rocket incident, a guy was beaten up so bad after the Catanzaro-Crotone match that they had to "extract" his spleen and on Sunday a match had to be suspended and the ref and the teams had to go hide in the closet rooms, because of how ugly the fights in the stadiums were getting. And we come back to the fact that laws are not respected: the law says that in case of fights the match has to be suspended for good, on Sunday they patientely waited for them to end beating each other up and then continued the match like nothing had happened.

It's a pity, because the majority of those that (still) go to the stadium are normal people that maybe would want to take their families to see the match with them and dads that would want to share with their children their passion and don't, because it's too dangerous.
Would I bring a child with me to the stadium? No, I don't think so.

(my God, I didn't realize how much I've written/rambled :D)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

You are right. There are many tifosi that got banned for nothing and this is really, really bad. But there are many others that are known for their criminal actions and are still there.
It's probably because in Italy we haven't really found a balance yet. It's like we don't care that much about these situations, then something happens and to cover up the previous mistakes we become too strick and we make pay innocent people. Then what happened goes forgotten and we return to the beginning until something happens again.
The Ascoli episode was in the "who-cares-it's-not-like-something-will-happen-here" phase: how can you enter in a stadium with a rocket launcher?
Excellent, I agree with everything here.

It's true that in every normal environment there are a few rotten apples, but in this case the environment isn't "normal". There is a sense of insanity, you know? It feels like the rotten apples, thanks to the semi lawless situation going on, gather at the stadium to express their instinct. Or probably the fact of being at the stadium makes some normal people become rotten apples? The day after the rocket incident, a guy was beaten up so bad after the Catanzaro-Crotone match that they had to "extract" his spleen and on Sunday a match had to be suspended and the ref and the teams had to go hide in the closet rooms, because of how ugly the fights in the stadiums were getting. And we come back to the fact that laws are not respected: the law says that in case of fights the match has to be suspended for good, on Sunday they patientely waited for them to end beating each other up and then continued the match like nothing had happened.
ummm, got your point but don't agree fully with your suggestion about even stricter laws. Many people go to the games because of that "sense of insanity". Wouldn't it be relishing and even therapeutic for everyone to go to the game and shout something totally irrational, brutal insults to everyone with a glimpse on corner of the eye. I'll quote Parks here. "Football must hover at the brink of violence, but never fall into it." It's carabinieri's job to keep the mobs separeted, and in the stadiums there are sections for a reason.

Catanzaro-Crotone? Don't mean to be brutal but what did you expect, it was known to be hot derby. These things happen and you can't know what the guy did and probably carabinieri didn't even try to help him. Nobody wants violence, but police should easily be able to keep guests away from home supporters. That kind of incidents with referees and teams aren't that unusual either, although they are very unpleasant.

It's a pity, because the majority of those that (still) go to the stadium are normal people that maybe would want to take their families to see the match with them and dads that would want to share with their children their passion and don't, because it's too dangerous.
Would I bring a child with me to the stadium? No, I don't think so.
It's definitely not that dangerous. But yes, I understand that people with kids don't go even near curva. To be honest, I believe that's the way it should be too. Family men, women and children can still go to matches without fears, they won't get beat up if they have any common sense, for example it would be pure madness to go to the Olimpico wearing anything black and white if you don't go along with ultras.

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Next week will be the boring match ever which is derby roma
You really are showing what you are worth day after day and can't say that I'm pleased with the figure that I see. Learn your facts.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Andrei Shevchenko faces an agonising few hours as he waits to learn the extent of the injury suffered against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday.

The Milan striker received a blow on the heel during the first half and, in spite of the best efforts of club doctors to patch him back up again, saw his involvement in the contest end in the 49th minute.

"I have a massive pain in my heel," he said after the game. "I know nothing - you'll have to talk to the doctors."

Shevchenko will now undergo scans to reveal the full extent of the damage, although it looks highly unlikely that he will feature in Sunday's Serie A tie against Palermo.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Di Canio ignores Montella jibes Friday 21 October, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Montella dubbed Paolo Di Canio “someone who provokes,” but the Lazio star isn’t rising to the bait and thanked him for the compliment.

“I really don’t find anything wrong in the statements he made,” insisted the Biancocelesti hero. “If he’s trying to butter me up with compliments, then it won’t work, but calling me a provoker isn’t too damaging. I have always been in favour of pre-derby pinching.”

This is squaring up to be a particularly bitter Derby della Capitale and Lazio are the favourites after hitting fine form, whereas Roma are struggling to stay afloat. Nonetheless, Montella claimed their rivals were “weaker” than his side.

“Montella merely suggested Roma should always challenge for the top four. I am thinking only of the Lazio fans, who are walking down the streets of Rome with a different look in their eyes. These are positive expressions that have changed from a few weeks ago. I’m also focusing on my team and making this a great performance all round.”

Di Canio grew up in the stands of the Stadio Olimpico and has always been close to the controversial Biancocelesti Ultra.

“I told the new arrivals to this club that if they win the derby, and even if they never play another game for Lazio, they will remain in the history books,” continued the former West Ham star. “It’s what happened last season and it can be the case again.”

Di Canio was on target in that 3-1 victory that ended a five-year drought for the blue and white side of the city. He has also clashed with his team-mates, especially when it comes to taking penalties.

“I respect all the hierarchy within the club, but if there’s a spot kick, then I’m taking it!” laughed the veteran. “Massimo Oddo knows the situation and agrees with me.”

The derby battles have been vicious occasions, but the rivalry was set aside while Francesco Totti awaits the imminent birth of his first son.

“I wish him the very best because I know it’s the best thing that can happen to a family. I am a father and know how wonderful this moment can be.”

source: channel4.com

The fight b4 the Rome derby has begun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)