[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was hoping for more drama at the Stadio Olimpico tonight, however it was still a fairly entertaining match, though. Hopefully in a few months we will be once again exposed to the Roman wonders of crowd violence, flare throwing, and fascist Di Canio salutes that lift my spirits oh so much. You have got to love the prospect of complete and utter lunacy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Recoba unsure of future Monday 24 October, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvaro Recoba has revealed that he is yet to start talks with Inter regarding a contract extension.

The Uruguayan is only tied to the Nerazzurri until June 2006 and admits nothing has been decided over his future.

"I’ve heard reports that negotiations have started but that is not true," the South American stated.

"I haven’t received any offer from the club up to now, yet there are no problems and I am at Inter’s total disposal as always.

"I’ll be happy to stay at this club. If that doesn’t happen then I will have to find myself another location."

One man who would be happy to have Recoba in his team again is Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino.

The two men spent a successful spell together at Venezia when Recoba’s goals kept the Laguna outfit in the Division.

"I spent six wonderful months with him," continued the attacker. "I hope to come across him again one day."

Recoba impressed yesterday afternoon when his side collected a crucial 1-0 win at Udinese.

"It was important to get a victory because there are some important games coming up," he added.

"We must continue on this winning trend, as we need to keep in touch with our rivals at the top of the table."

Inter are third, one point behind Milan and six adrift of Juventus, who have won all of their eight League games so far.

source: channel4.com

Don't hesistate Recoba, leave Inter to a better place where u can get 1st team football more often :D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Serie A Team Of The Week: Round 8
10/24/2005 7:52:00 AM
This week our strike force will consist of Toni, Mutu and Inzaghi in a 3-4-3 line-up.
Pavarini: Played well as he was without a full squad for most of the game. Mesto got red carded in the 77th minute and for 10 minutes he held the flanks well but Livorno still managed to score. However, he kept the score line as low as possible as Livorno were threatening.

Comotto: Moves the ball well and did his team a great favour by salvaging a point for them by scoring.

Cesar: Great at moving the ball and not afraid to challenge. Set up Rocchi’s goal and nearly set up another.

Samuel: Is slowly recovering his form. More good performances and playing time will increase his confidence and prepare him for the big games.

Fiore: Played very well and scored a goal. Adds a great dynamic to the Viola as he can play well down the flanks or play in the middle. A very versatile player and he can score. Lippi will have to decide quickly if he wants him or not.

Gattuso: Milan’s next symbol when Maldini retires if he wishes to stay. Scored a goal today, which is rare and is a great ball winner. Not a fancy player, but he gets the job done and is a great motivator. He must be careful not to give away stupid fouls and penalties as he did vs. Liverpool last year. His real test will be next week vs. Juventus.

Volpi: Solid midfielder and consistent performer. Scored two goals and savaged a goal to give his side a valuable point.

Totti: Roma’s symbol. Great goal. Too bad they could not keep the lead. Is maturing and wants to win. A pity for Behrami should have been yellow carded for fouling him. The referee was rather nice-too nice perhaps.

Toni: A superb striker. If you can score three goals twice in less than two months, then he belongs on my list. The Viola will go far because of him and they bought a great player. Palermo is probably a little angry for letting him go. The Viola could win the Scudetto in the near future and perhaps could be Italy’s Chelsea.

Inzaghi: What a way to start things right by scoring a goal after more than a year of hellacious injuries. Perhaps he will make a trip to Germany, but he must score consistently.

Mutu: Hardly plays, but shows his worth when he does. He gives Capello plenty options and headaches as he has a strong team. This team is well balanced and can recover from a loss. Yes it was Lecce, but they showed a hunger to win and they have to show it against the big teams. Watch out Bayern for the Vecchia Signora is still a feisty one. We will have a great match next week vs. Milan. If Juve wins, then they are the real deal and are to be taken seriously.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Inter - Roma

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a confident Inter that will play host to a Roma side under increasing pressure on Wednesday night at the San Siro. Few can be feeling the strain as much as Coach Luciano Spalletti, as the combination of a poor League position and the on-going Antonio Cassano fiasco sees him as one of the favourites to be the next Serie A tactician to join the dole queue.

The 1-1 draw in the weekend’s Rome derby and some good UEFA Cup performances have kept him safe up to now. But unless his side start to climb the table, it could only be a matter of time before he is axed – especially with the Giallorossi’s recent record for getting through Coaches.

But it won’t be easy to start that climb in Milan as Inter have won all four of their matches at the San Siro this season. The Nerazzurri are currently in third place and with their defence seeming to have settled, they don’t look like letting up on their good form. One of those defenders will be hoping for an especially good game against his old club. Walter Samuel made his name as one of the world’s best centre-backs with the Giallorossi and will be keen to remind his former teammates why.

Samuel’s task will be made easier by Cassano’s continued absence and Roma will also be missing the injured Alberto Aquilani and Luigi Sartor, but Leandro Cufrè is available again. Inter’s problems are more serious as captain Javier Zanetti is still suffering from his injury along with Dejan Stankovic and Kily Gonzalez. Adriano is also a doubt because of his shoulder problem, although Marco Materazzi and Cristiano Zanetti are both now back to full fitness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Cordoba, Materazzi, Samuel, Wome; Ze Maria, Cambiasso, Veron, Figo; Cruz, Martins

Roma (probable): Doni; Panucci, Kuffour, Chivu, Cufrè; Perrotta, De Rossi; Mancini, Totti, Taddei; Montella

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Shevchenko out for Empoli Tuesday 25 October, 2005

Milan will face Empoli on Wednesday night in Serie A without star striker Andriy Shevchenko.

The Ukrainian international will miss the Stadio Castellani clash after failing to recover from an ankle injury.

Shevchenko underwent more tests on the problem last night, which confirmed he wouldn’t be risked against the Tuscan minnows.

The European Footballer of the Year picked up the injury during the 0-0 Champions League draw with PSV Eindhoven.

Shevchenko already missed the 2-1 win over Palermo, but the outfit are hopeful that he will have recovered in time for Saturday’s showdown against Juventus.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
My prediction...
*this is a sure way of getting doomed....*

Siena - Fiorentina 1-2
Reggina - Treviso 2-0
Parma - Messina 2-0
Palermo - Lecce 2-1
Lazio - Chievo 1-0
Juventus - Sampdoria 2-0
Inter - Roma 1-1
Empoli - Milan 0-2
Cagliari - Livorno 2-2
Ascoli - Udinese 1-2

Mar 6, 2005
Inter 2-3 Roma

I had a few friends over, and the interesting part is that they were either Interisti or Romanisti.. :D

I could see myself standing in the middle of them and thanking God that I'm a Juventino.. :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
My prediction...

Siena - Fiorentina 1-2
Reggina - Treviso 2-0
Parma - Messina 2-0
Palermo - Lecce 2-1
Lazio - Chievo 1-0
Juventus - Sampdoria 2-0
Inter - Roma 1-1
Empoli - Milan 0-2
Cagliari - Livorno 2-2
Ascoli - Udinese 1-2
Not bad, Sir.;)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
My prediction...

Siena - Fiorentina 1-2
Reggina - Treviso 2-0
Parma - Messina 2-0
Palermo - Lecce 2-1
Lazio - Chievo 1-0
Juventus - Sampdoria 2-0
Inter - Roma 1-1
Empoli - Milan 0-2
Cagliari - Livorno 2-2
Ascoli - Udinese 1-2
I'm impressed!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Serie A Team Of The Week: Round 9
10/27/2005 9:09:00 AM
For midweek, a trident of Mutu, Toni and Beghetto will lead our attack in a 4-3-3 formation.
Abbiati: Kept a clean sheet vs. a good Sampdoria side (although cheminti was the keeper :D. However, Juve were like a fine wine. It tastes better as it ages; hence the name: the old lady. We will see who takes over the post when Buffon returns. Buffon most likely but Juve has a good substitute and Lippi has another option than Peruzzi.

Cannavaro: Played well and showing his true character. He still has life left in him.

Ujfalusi: Great defending. Playing better than last year. Toni scoring and proper defending is allowing Fiorentina to enjoy third place. This team can contend for top honours in a couple of years time.

Ferri: Good defending and scored a goal on top of that. An Azzurri candidate; well most Italian players that play for Palermo can play for the Azzurri as they are very qualified.

Fini: Socred a goal to keep Ascoli hopes of salvezza alive.

Parravieini: Scored a goal and aided his team Treviso to their first win. Maybe this team can avoid relegation.

Nedved: Another great display by this man. He wants to win and it shows. Lets see if he can lead Juve to Paris in May?

Totti: An inspiration. 2 goals to aid his team to win and to attain vital points. Got red carded though. He has to maintain his cool or else the fans could turn against him.

Mutu: Played a second game and scored again. Excellent display. Del Piero could be left out of a spot. Capello has a lot of options though.

Toni: Once again a brilliant display. The reason why Fiorentina are where they are is because of him. They say that Zaltan should get the Golden ball but, Toni is on the ball and if he continues to play like this next year, he will be on the list: period.

Beghetto: Help Treviso win their first three points of the season. A player to watch out for

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello Reveals That Juve Are Still Hungry For More Wins
10/27/2005 8:54:00 AM
The Bianconeri set a new record of consecutive wins in Serie A following Wednesday night’s 2-0 win over Sampdoria.
Fabio Capello’s Juve continues to win and according to the former Roma coach, the have no intention of stopping.

“Sampdoria played a good first part, with great aggressiveness, but then they decreased towards the end. We have made some mistakes in the first half, then improved in the second half. We showed great determination and showed that we are a team that has the will, unity and compactness.”

Adrian Mutu scored his second consecutive goal following last weekend’s goal at Lecce, proving that he has found back his best form.

"The environment helped him to return, but it’s all his merit.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)