[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (6 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The changes to the Week 3 and 4 Serie A fixtures have been announced with Inter playing both their games in the evening and Parma-Juventus brought forward.

The Tardini side will take on Empoli in the Week 3 opener on Saturday September 17, followed later than evening by Inter’s clash with Lecce. Roma travel to Livorno’s Stadio Picchi in the Sunday evening tie.

In Week 4, Reggina will welcome Udinese on Saturday September 24 and Juventus pay visit to old rivals Parma in what is sure to be an entertaining encounter. It's given an extra edge by the return of Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram to their former hunting ground.

The round comes to a close at the San Siro with Inter boss Roberto Mancini facing his former club as the new star-studded Fiorentina try to put a spanner in the works.

Serie A Week 3

Saturday September 17

Parma-Empoli (17.00 UK time)

Inter-Lecce (19.30)

Sunday September 18

Livorno-Roma (19.30)

Week 4

Saturday September 24

Reggina-Udinese (17.00)

Parma-Juventus (19.30)

Sunday September 25

Inter-Fiorentina (19.30)

Serie B Week 4

Friday September 9

Avellino-Brescia (19.45)

Monday September 12

Ternana-Pescara (19.45)

Week 5

Friday September 16

Crotone-Vicenza (19.45)

Verona-Catanzaro (19.45)

Week 6

Wednesday September 21

Cremonese-Triestina (19.30)

Rimini-Verona (19.30)

Week 7

Monday September 26

Bari-Bologna (19.45)

Piacenza-Albinoleffe (19.45)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
from channel4.com

Frank Rijkaard is set to extend his contract with Barcelona, but he remains in pole position to replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan boss in the future.

The former Rossoneri midfielder is on the verge of renewing his deal with the Spanish giants until 2009.

But reports in Italy on Tuesday allege that a special clause has been included, which will allow the Dutchman to rescind his contract at the end of any season.

That will allow the San Siro giants to make an approach whenever Ancelotti is shown the door or quits the club.

Ancelotti’s current deal expires in 2007 but whispers in the peninsula claim that he could leave at the end of this season, should he again fail to lift any silverware.

Rijkaard, who bossed his country at Euro 2000, is favourite to step into the Milan hotseat given his past as a player.

The silky midfielder was one of three Dutchman, along with Ruud Gullit and Marco Van Basten, who led the Rossoneri to world domination in the late 80s and early 90s.

He won the Spanish title at Barcelona last term which saw the outfit commence talks over a new improved contract.

Previously contracted until 2007 on £850,000 a season, Rijkaard’s new agreement will expire in 2009 and will be worth around £2.2m a term.

However, as a result of the clause which will allow Rijkaard to walk away from the club, Barca can sack him and only pay him for the rest of the season in which he was dismissed rather than until 2009.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Desmond, my pal, you are like me and do not rate Ancelotti highly :)

I think he's a bit overrated and his reputation is coming from his squad but not his talent.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think the problem with high profile coaches like Ancelotti and Rijkaard is that people are still remembering who they were as players and it takes something special to be noticed as a coach. On the other hand, Mourinho not being a famous player has made his character as a coach far more visible. In fact, imagine if he were a temperamental player, people would just say that as a coach he`s immature and he needs to carry himself more profesionally.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Desmond, my pal, you are like me and do not rate Ancelotti highly :)

I think he's a bit overrated and his reputation is coming from his squad but not his talent.
Statistics mate statistics ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I think the problem with high profile coaches like Ancelotti and Rijkaard is that people are still remembering who they were as players and it takes something special to be noticed as a coach. On the other hand, Mourinho not being a famous player has made his character as a coach far more visible. In fact, imagine if he were a temperamental player, people would just say that as a coach he`s immature and he needs to carry himself more profesionally.
I don't remember Ancelotti from his playing days so that for me was never a factor.Rijkaard I do, but IMO there are loads of coaches who would win the league with a group of players like that especially in the La Liga, the squad, the individuals, the style of play, everything was ideal for Barcelona to succeed.I watch Barca a fair bit and for me he doesn't make a large difference with his substitutions.

I have heard though that Rijkaard is a pretty innovative coach and he actually makes tennis matches a part of his preseason routine, and Eto'o's supposed to be a pretty good player, or so I've heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)