[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (8 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
I really cannot predict who will get the spot for 4th place. Samp and Bologna have everything to play for and while others have dismissed Milan, they probably want to end their last game in Serie A well and store some whatever dignity that is left for them. Plus lets not forget that Janks will be out for Udinese. Samp has been unlucky against Inter, thats why they lost - perhaps this time it'll be different against Bologna? Hopefully.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

you think that if juventus could afford to pay that money for ronaldinho,they wouldn't get him?
That's the point, we could not afford ?

Milan put that amount for ronaldo not exacatly to get him but to make Fans realx and quench the anger after loosing the CL final. its a startegy that they want to play it just to confuse Moggi about ronaldo or Gila, while they allready won Gila.

Jan 7, 2004
what an end to the seria a.

i really thought siena and chievo were going out but it seems that they made it. Tudor almost got into a fight with a Siena player because he stopped play to allow a player of the opposition to get a treatment.

parma is in trouble in the first game seeing as they are missing 8 first team players.

the juventus game was great and so was the sampdoria one (never seen so many shots hitting the post)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
omg what he missed at the end :wallbang:
Indeed. He already managed to get past that Samp defender I dont understand why he had to shoot that instant? Antonioli did the right thing by staying stationery and putting his arms up... I felt that Tare should've toyed the ball a bit more and shoot.

Samp hit the post thrice against Inter, twice against Bologna and it cost them the CL spot. They came close twice from corners but bloody Pagliuca :mad:

Whats worse is that its VOLPI who hit the bar first :down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No offense Bes but thank God Tare missed that chance. It will be a sad day when Parma falls down to Serie B, especially after their run in the UEFA Cup this season. I was even happy to see another one of the 7 Sisters Fiorentina escape the drop today. I think next year they will have a much better season, something us calcio fans would hope for.

Except when they play Juventus, of course.

Sally, Volpi is the man.

Aug 1, 2003
He is indeed :strong:

I feel sad that its Parma vs Bologna playing for RELEGATION... both teams are feared for they are not easy opponents and they're playing for relegation? It just doesnt sound right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I wonder where Parma would be if they did not have to worry about UEFA Cup matches so late in the season. I know they rested basically the entire first team but still :(

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Serie A: The Verdicts Sunday 29 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2004-05 Serie A season is over. Football Italia highlights who has achieved what.

Juventus end the season as Champions for the 28th time. They pipped Milan, who also lost the European Cup Final, to the Scudetto.

However, the Rossoneri will have another chance at continental glory next term as they will join the Turin giants in the Champions' League group phases. Inter and Udinese could join them if they get through the preliminary round.

Udinese edged out Sampdoria for fourth, but the Genoa-based club will return to European football in next season's UEFA Cup. Newly promoted Palermo and Roma, thanks to their forthcoming Coppa Italia Final appearance against Inter, join them.

Atalanta propped up the table and will be joined in Serie B by Brescia, but the name of the third relegated side is still up in the air. Nine teams were still at risk going into the final round and three clubs finished on level terms - Fiorentina, Bologna and Parma.

This is where the 'classifica avulsa' comes into play. The three teams' results against each other are played out in a mini-tournament and Fiorentina came out on top, so Bologna and Parma - local rivals from the Emilia-Romagna region - will face each other in a two-legged play-off on June 14 and 18.

Scudetto winners: Juventus

Champions' League: Juventus, Milan

Champions' League preliminaries: Inter, Udinese

UEFA Cup: Sampdoria, Palermo, Roma (via Coppa Italia)

Relegated to Serie B: Atalanta, Brescia, Bologna/Parma

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Well, I wonder where Parma would be if they did not have to worry about UEFA Cup matches so late in the season. I know they rested basically the entire first team but still :(
I'm not so sure that's it. The whole Parmalat collapse was such a huge blow to them... it's amazing they're still around at all. From borderline CL qualification one season to borderline relegation the next... ouch. Marchionni's injury, IMO, was a very huge blow as well for them later in the season.

As mentioned in another thread, ManU would be wise to pick up Frey. I can only imagine what recognition he'd get with a real defensive line in front of him.

And while a club like Fiorentina does a bit for Serie A's historical prestige, I still would have loved to have pulled a Miccoli ... telling him this time that we were glad to see their demise. It's only fair, afterall.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think the only good i can see, if Bologna are relegated is the availability of Gianluca Pagliuca as a backup for Gigi.

But a relegation play off between Parma and Bologna is sad, because i think both teams had something to offer the serie a table in their own little way. They were both more than capable of hanging with the big boys.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Can anyone tell me for sure how many teams are going to be relegated? Is it 3 or 4?

Because, AFAIK, one of the Serie B teams plays a playoff with one of the Serie A teams. Now, if 3 clubs get relegated, that would mean that the loser of the Parma-Bologna playoff could stay up, if there are 4 that would mean both parma and Bologna could go down.

Or am I missing something? Is there indeed a playoff between a Serie A and B team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)