[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (66 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
And so we come into the relegation battle! Just a summary;

With only 6 points left to play, there are currently THIRTEEN Seria A teams not assured of their Seria A status for next season...

8. Cagliari- 43 points
9. Livorno- 43 points
10. Lecce- 42 points
11. Reggina- 42 points
12. Lazio- 42 points
13. Bologna- 41 points
14. Roma- 41 points
15. Parma- 40 points
16. Siena- 39 points
17. Chievo Verona- 39 points
18. Fiorentina- 38 points
19. Brescia- 38 points
20. Atalanta- 35 points

From the table, you will see that 38 points is currently the cut-off point for the play-off zone, and that means that even Cagliari, eight in Seria A, is merely 5 points away from the play-offs...

37th game
Chievo (39p) - Bologna (41p)
Lazio (42p) - Fiorentina (38p)
Sampdoria (60p) - Inter (68p)
Livorno (43p) - Juventus (champions of Italia!!)
Reggina (42p) - Lecce (42p)
Brescia (38p) - Messina (47p)
Milan (they gave it a good try) - Palermo (51p)
Atalanta (35p) - Roma (41p)
Parma (40p) - Siena (39p)
Cagliari (43p) - Udinese (60p)

Final day
Siena - Atalanta
Fiorentina - Brescia
Juventus - Cagliari
Roma - Chievo
Palermo - Lazio
Messina - Livorno
Udinese - Milan
Lecce - Parma
Reggina-Inter
Sampdoria-Bologna
sally u forgot to include the dogfight between Sampdoria + Udinese.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I have heard that indeed most favor winning the Scudetto. Although I'm sure a lot of Milanisti and Juventini want the CL much more.
alot of Milanisti and juevntini who aren't Italian.
I really prefer CL too.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Standings now

Juventus 83
Milan 78
Inter 71
Udinese 61
Sampdoria 60
Palermo 52
Messina 47
Roma 44
Cagliari 44
Livorno 44
Lazio 43
Lecce 43
Reggina 43
Chievo 42
Bologna 41
Brescia 41
Parma 41
Siena 40
Fiorentina 39
Atalanta 35

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,345
    dammit, Roma are safe :(

if Fiorentina and Parma get relegated, we could well go on a shopping spree :D

though I'd prefer Parma to stay up

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Udinese have moved into pole position to claim the fourth spot in Serie A and a place in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League, despite being held at mid-table Cagliari on Sunday afternoon.

Udinese took the lead through Vincenzo Iaquinta three minutes into the second half, but Mauro Esposito levelled the score with an equaliser for the hosts after 66 minutes.

Although the result was not ideal for Udinese, they are now one point better off than Sampdoria, who lost at home to Internazionale, going into the final weekend of the campaign.

If the Bianconeri, who host Milan, can claim a better result than Sampdoria at Bologna, then Luciano Spalletti's men will have secured fourth place in the table.

Udinese had the better opportunities in the first half, and came close to breaking the deadlock on several occasions.

David Di Michele was the first to threaten, as he raced past Roberto Maltagliati on the wing and crossed for Iaquinta, who could not get a clean contact on the ball, and sent a weak shot into the hands of Cagliari goalkeeper Gennaro Iezzo.

Moments later Iaquinta reversed the favour by setting up Di Michele, who saw his goalbound effort fly off a defender and go wide of the mark.

It was no surprise that Cagliari's first opportunity of the game came via their veteran playmaker Gianfranco Zola, whose curling shot just cleared the top-right corner of the goal.

Zola's effort failed to put the visitors off their stride though, and Udinese had a goal ruled out towards the end of the first half.

Iezzo managed to get a hand to Di Michele's shot, and although Stefano Mauri headed the ball into the unguarded net from close range the offside flag had already been raised to deny him.

In the final seconds of the first half Iaquinta summed up Udinese's frustration by collecting Di Michele's clever through ball only to snatch at his shot and send his effort well wide of the target from 10 yards.

However Udinese did not have long to wait for their opening goal after the restart, as Iaquinta finally gave the visitors the crucial goal.

Mauri aimed a shot towards goal, and the ball ricocheted to Iaquinta, who bundled home from point-blank range.

Udinese came close to scoring a second when Mirko Pieri's speculative effort from long range only just cleared Iezzo's crossbar, and it was a surprise when Cagliari finally got to grips with the game and put the home side under some pressure.

Esposito turned sharply only to send a low angled shot just wide of the post, and then the hosts equalised when Rolando Bianchi nodded on Alessandro Budel's centre, and Esposito hooked the ball past goalkeeper Samir Handanovic.

As the match entered the last few minutes, it became clear that Udinese were aware of Sampdoria's impending defeat, and the visitors were happy to take a point from the game which takes them to within touching distance of the Champions League.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

37th game
    Chievo (39p) - Bologna (41p)
    Lazio (42p) - Fiorentina (38p)
    Sampdoria (60p) - Inter (68p)
    Livorno (43p) - Juventus (champions of Italia!!)
    Reggina (42p) - Lecce (42p)
    Brescia (38p) - Messina (47p)
    Milan (they gave it a good try) - Palermo (51p)
    Atalanta (35p) - Roma (41p)
    Parma (40p) - Siena (39p)
    Cagliari (43p) - Udinese (60p)

Final day
    Siena - Atalanta
    Fiorentina - Brescia
    Juventus - Cagliari
    Roma - Chievo
    Palermo - Lazio
    Messina - Livorno
    Udinese - Milan
    Lecce - Parma
    Reggina-Inter
    Sampdoria-Bologna
    For the next two weeks I am becoming a strong fan of
    1. Atalanta
    2. Chievo
    3. Brescia
    4. Lazio (and thank you for that recent loss)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++

Yeah me too.
    The only team I can't stand is Siena.
    why?:confused:
    i never "felt" anything for them,but ever since tudor is playing for them i "like" them somehow.
    plus we have scored 6 goals this season against them and conceded none :D

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gino Genesio ] ++
    :D serie b :D
    debora! Nooooooooo PARMA SERIE A!!!
    Why?

Parma fans hate us. Junior, Brazillian player, former Parma player, said that 2 years ago. And the incident with Parma fans and Juve fans after the Tardini match this seasson shows that.

PARMA SERIE B!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)