[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (11 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
The key to this match will be shutting down Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs. They have been in good form lately, and they cause opposing defenses problems. Ancelotti will have to make sure that those two players are shut down, and if Milan can dominate posession with Pirlo conducting the pace I do not think Manure will be able to handle them. The problem for Milan is going to be the finishing, but I expect Kaka to burst through the center of the Manure defense because Keane is not the best at shutting down trequaristas.
It is not a matter of shutting down Manure, the key is Milan catching their rythm from the beginning. If they were able to function the way they should be then there won't be a need to shut down the dynamos of manure, the team by itself will flow waves....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

It is not a matter of shutting down Manure, the key is Milan catching their rythm from the beginning. If they were able to function the way they should be then there won't be a need to shut down the dynamos of manure, the team by itself will flow waves....
Arsenal caught their rythem right off the bat against Manure last month, however they ended up losing the match because Giggs and Ronaldo suddenly came on form. At Old Trafford Milan must shut down those players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What I mean is if they go in the game with their mind set on to shut down certain key players, they won't be focused enough to work their rythm properly. And aanother thing Milan is not Arsenal

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
What I mean is if they go in the game with their mind set on to shut down certain key players, they won't be focused enough to work their rythm properly. And aanother thing Milan is not Arsenal
Of course, but Manure is not like Real Madrid, as they know how to sustain pressure. But like I said Milan will have to be balanced against Manure because both teams are adept at defending and attacking.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I think Pirlo holds the key to winning this match.Milan can win it from the back of the field with Pirlo pulling the strings and controlling the game's pace to break Man Utd's possession.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But IMO, Pirlo hasn't been able to really do that this season. I see Milan's best hopes coming in the form of big games from Seedorf and Dida, and to a lesser degree Cafu or Kaka. The others will likely even out in the wash.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Our best strengh is attack, the fact we have so many players who can win this game, I dont care what anyone thinks about these players fact is they can win this game. If Milan put too much attention on Rooney, Ruud, Giggs, Ronaldo or Scholes. Then someone else will be right there. Same with Milan, like I said they are one of the teams that I respect the most, they are fantastic. But to actually say and believe our forwards cant take it against 'good defense' is rubbish! the fact that our players are all well-known internationals and have alot of CL experience. The one thing that you cant stop United doing is scoring.

I find it amazing that so many people for have been involved in football many years respect Man Utd yet, fans think they are bad? For example Ancelotti said on the weekend, that we are very dangerous...guess what? He even said that Rooney was a potential superstar...he said he could be greater then Sheva...but what does the manager of the team at the top of Serie A knows, eh?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world

FORZA JUVE

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Our best strengh is attack, the fact we have so many players who can win this game, I dont care what anyone thinks about these players fact is they can win this game. If Milan put too much attention on Rooney, Ruud, Giggs, Ronaldo or Scholes. Then someone else will be right there. Same with Milan, like I said they are one of the teams that I respect the most, they are fantastic. But to actually say and believe our forwards cant take it against 'good defense' is rubbish! the fact that our players are all well-known internationals and have alot of CL experience. The one thing that you cant stop United doing is scoring.

I find it amazing that so many people for have been involved in football many years respect Man Utd yet, fans think they are bad? For example Ancelotti said on the weekend, that we are very dangerous...guess what? He even said that Rooney was a potential superstar...he said he could be greater then Sheva...but what does the manager of the team at the top of Serie A knows, eh?
Its called flattery. Always before a match, a manager will never say ' Oh that teams rubbish we are playing. i expect an easy win'

They will more or less say ' well their main attacking threat lies on the wings and they are extremely quick to close down in the center ' etc.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Samp: We want the Scudetto Tuesday 22 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria pushed their way into joint fourth place this week, but Coach Walter Novellino admits he’s not going to stop there.

“Some people may smile to hear me say this, but with time and effort no ambition is beyond us,” said the tactician. “That includes the Coppa Italia, Scudetto, UEFA Cup and Champions’ League.”

The Blucerchiati have certainly been one of the revelations of this Serie A campaign and joined Udinese in that fourth slot valid for entry into the Champions’ League preliminary round thanks to a 3-2 win over Reggina.

“I have poured my heart and soul into this side, but there are two real secrets to our success,” continued the former Venezia and Piacenza boss. “Our strength is down to the unity of the team and the club. The only way to maintain that is with hard work and humility.”

Samp have actually improved their form since the January departure of hitman Fabio Bazzani, even though his replacement Simone Inzaghi has barely featured.

:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Inter - Milan

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Derby della Madonnina couldn’t have come at a more crucial time, as a win would put Inter back in the Scudetto race and defeat would let the Rossoneri silence their critics.

Roberto Mancini continues to maintain the title is not beyond him despite dropping 11 points shy of the joint leaders. They had the opportunity to close the gap last weekend, but allowed a late Henok Goitom equaliser to give Udinese a 1-1 draw.

Adriano is still looking for his best form after three weeks out with a calf strain clearly affected the hitman, who hasn’t scored since December 12. Christian Vieri suffered bruised ribs during the Stadio Friuli game and might make way for Obafemi Martins, whose pace could prove crucial against the less than sprightly Milan back line.

The Rossoneri may have struggled to scrape wins against Lazio, Reggina and Cagliari of late – earned with two injury-time winners and a freakish own goal – but they have still managed to eradicate an eight-point lead to catch Juventus at the top of the table. Those victories came at a heavy price, however, as Andriy Shevchenko clashed heads with Cagliari’s Simone Loria last week and had two titanium plates implanted to heal a fractured cheekbone. It’s an injury that has ruled the European Player of the Year out for a month and we probably won’t see him on the field again until after Easter.

With Filippo Inzaghi still out of action with a fractured bone in his right hand and Giuseppe Pancaro suspended for this tie, we could see Carlo Ancelotti revert back to his favoured Christmas tree formation. Patron Silvio Berlusconi has always publicly berated his Coach for using this tactic, but in the circumstances it could be his only option, especially with Jon Dahl Tomasson and ex-Inter hero Hernan Crespo struggling for form. Serginho has impressed of late and could be used in a more advanced role, or as a left-back in place of Pancaro with Manuel Rui Costa partnering Kaka in that support slot for lone striker Crespo.

Inter (probable): Toldo; J Zanetti, Cordoba, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Veron, C Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Adriano, Martins

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Rui Costa, Kaka; Crespo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)