[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (4 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,785
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    and Campbell wont participate in the first leg.

what great news:groan:
    Looks like Makaay's in for a field day :D

btw of course we're still on

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    and Campbell wont participate in the first leg.

what great news:groan:
    I am lovin' it. I think Lucio will own Henry, and Reyes will be taken off the pitch in the 4th minute with a swolen eye from a Ballack elbow, in response, Vieira will run after Ballack, just when Kahn flies in and breaks his jaw with a flying boot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Great match by Internazionale today. They totally shut down Roma's trident attack, especially in the second half, and most importantly of all Montella pulled a Trezeguet today, doing absolutely nothing. Once Totti and Cassano get shut down, that's it for Il Aeroplano.

Two wonderful free-kicks by Sinisa Mihajlovic gave Inter the 2-0 victory, and the Serb showed everybody today that he is the best free-kick taker in the world. He might be a huge liability for Inter's defense, but he sure makes up for it with his brilliant strikes.

Right now Inter look very threatening and might finally be finding the form in which they can churn out the victories and break away from these intriguing draws. Inter have gone 37 games unbeaten in all competitions, and I can only see them get better. Watch out for Inter cuz they are going to cause some more problems.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Great match by Internazionale today. They totally shut down Roma's trident attack, especially in the second half, and most importantly of all Montella pulled a Trezeguet today, doing absolutely nothing. Once Totti and Cassano get shut down, that's it for Il Aeroplano.

Two wonderful free-kicks by Sinisa Mihajlovic gave Inter the 2-0 victory, and the Serb showed everybody today that he is the best free-kick taker in the world. He might be a huge liability for Inter's defense, but he sure makes up for it with his brilliant strikes.

Right now Inter look very threatening and might finally be finding the form in which they can churn out the victories and break away from these intriguing draws. Inter have gone 37 games unbeaten in all competitions, and I can only see them get better. Watch out for Inter cuz they are going to cause some more problems.
    i can see them taking Milans place after Milan takes ours

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Hey Andy --

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Great match by Internazionale today.
    I thought Inter was pretty opportunistic -- obviously looking at their scores. But IMO, I didn't feel like they played all that well save on defense. One bit of help was having Materazzi suspended (Inter's answer to last year's Montero). Cordoba got carded, as usual, but made a fantastic challenge to deflect a ball to Montella in front of goal. But otherwise, Adriano still can't seem to find anything close to his early-season form. Martins was a non-factor. Their midfield had its moments, but for the last half of the match it seemed that Inter was playing back in their own half.

They have the talent and the depth, no doubt. They can put Vieri on the bench, for example, which is something neither Juve nor Milan could afford to do with their squads. And I've always respected Mancini. The big problem for them this year has been a leaky defense that has often put them behind. Amazingly, they've always found ways to catch up to tie or even win. And today's game was a big step towards stabilizing their backline against good offenses.

But I don't see their defense improving to the level it needs to in order to win the Scudetto (and the winner almost always seems to have the 1st or 2nd best goals against count) or the CL (they'll come from behind, but I just can't see you winning an elimination tournament like that without a defense that has to show up two consecutive matches to advance sometimes).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Hey Andy --

I thought Inter was pretty opportunistic -- obviously looking at their scores. But IMO, I didn't feel like they played all that well save on defense. One bit of help was having Materazzi suspended (Inter's answer to last year's Montero). Cordoba got carded, as usual, but made a fantastic challenge to deflect a ball to Montella in front of goal. But otherwise, Adriano still can't seem to find anything close to his early-season form. Martins was a non-factor. Their midfield had its moments, but for the last half of the match it seemed that Inter was playing back in their own half.
    Well, I call it a great match by Inter today because they were solid in defense against one of the best attacking teams in the league. Furthermore, they did not draw. I think that is a good match for Inter. :D

Adriano, even though not really contributing much, sure looked good taking on Roma defenders and creating some opportunities. I think its only a matter of time before he regains his best form. But it's Inter so you never know..

They have the talent and the depth, no doubt. They can put Vieri on the bench, for example, which is something neither Juve nor Milan could afford to do with their squads. And I've always respected Mancini. The big problem for them this year has been a leaky defense that has often put them behind. Amazingly, they've always found ways to catch up to tie or even win. And today's game was a big step towards stabilizing their backline against good offenses.
    That was the sticking point with me, that they were able to shut out Roma. In the second half they completely took Totti and Cassano out of the match, and when that happens Roma is in trouble. If they can keep up this defensive stability they will travel up the standings quicker than we would imagine.

But I don't see their defense improving to the level it needs to in order to win the Scudetto (and the winner almost always seems to have the 1st or 2nd best goals against count) or the CL (they'll come from behind, but I just can't see you winning an elimination tournament like that without a defense that has to show up two consecutive matches to advance sometimes).
    I certainly agree with that, however stranger things have happened in football. Inter must snap out of their "curse" sometime down the road..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)