[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (12 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
it'll be brilliant and exciting, i guess it just means we need to score more then they undoubtedly will, although its not incredible clever, not considering Zotti will be in goal, I like Zotti he is a good keeper, but might need some more cofidence, I dont think that is going to happen if he conseeds 3 goals against Lecce!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++
abel xavier...i love his facial hair!
:fero:

No mention that, how much of an embarrasement is that Abel Xavier, is like the worst player of all time, he makes Materazzi look talented!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by wandy ] ++
whats the "hell formation" 4-2-4?
basically gung-ho

It means, no wingers but it means Cassano and Mancini will be playing as left-wing and right-wing forwards, basically wingers with no defensive duty!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Lippi to use Roma trident

Marcello Lippi is thinking about transferring Roma’s trident attack to the Italian national side.

The tactician has been impressed by the trio of Vincenzo Montella, Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti, forcing him to think about his own Azzurri options.

"The Giallorossi system can be used by us with the same three players or others," said the former Juventus boss.

"I won’t exclude a team with three strikers, so long as those in attack are ready to work hard for the team and not just wait for the ball to arrive."

Lippi is still in the early stages of developing a side for the 2006 World Cup, but he insists he already has a good base on which to build from.

"I have players like Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta, Gigi Buffon, Gianluca Zambrotta, Gennaro Gattuso, Alex Del Piero, Christian Vieri...

"There is something there to progress from. Unfortunately we didn’t win both of our last two qualifiers but I’m happy with the squad available."

Italy are currently top of Group 5 despite a shock 1-0 defeat to Slovenia back in early October.

They are next in action on February 9 when they face Russia in a friendly, before resuming qualification against Scotland a month later.

from Goal.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok, another round of Serie A gone.

At the top of the table, Milan took back the 3 point advantage that slipped last week and are now trailing by 5.

Just below, after 2 consecutive losses Udinese is back to winning ways and are now 4th, with Inter one point ahead. Roma let a one goal lead slip and escaped from Lecce with one point, now 3 points behind Udinese.

Sampdoria beat Juve and jumped Roma now with 35 points. Palermo jumped Reggina who only got a draw and that leaves them in 8th position.

At the bottom, Atalanta was again beaten, still rock bottom, while Brescia knocked up a rare point holding Lazio at the Olimpico. Siena also drew, while Viola lost so that gives Parma a chance to break free and climb up the table though they face an icky away fixture at Bologna tomorrow.

Unimpressive Lazio threw away another 2 points and now only 4 points separating them from relegation.

Juventus 50
Milan 45
Inter 38
Udinese 37
Sampdoria 35
Roma 34
Palermo 32
Reggina 31
Cagliari 30
Lecce 29
*Bologna 27
Livorno 27
Messina 27
Chievo 25
Lazio 24
Fiorentina 23
*Parma 22
Siena 20
Brescia 20
Atalanta 11

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Thanks. Just wanted to clarify that.
This is wad I'm thinking of

----------------Gilardino/Montella----------------
------Cassano ------- Totti --------- Fiore
-----------Gattuso/Perrotta---Pirlo---------
Zambrotta----Canna------Nesta-------Oddo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)