[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Did you see the game?

What went wrong with them?
Yeah I saw it, and I found out that without Shevchenko Milan cannot penetrate opposing defenses that well. You can create as many chances as you want, however if you cannot finish them then all that creativity goes to waste. Poblem with Milan tonight is they were not creating that much.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah I saw it, and I found out that without Shevchenko Milan cannot penetrate opposing defenses that well. You can create as many chances as you want, however if you cannot finish them then all that creativity goes to waste. Poblem with Milan tonight is they were not creating that much.
I see.

I guess without Sheva it will be hard to beat Manure.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
IMO, last week Milan was thoroughly beaten by Livorno. This week, I do think they had some bad breaks and otherwise played like they should have at least earned a draw. Still, that's nothing to brag about. (Though it took a nice spot and a superb Neddy free kick to get us out of Bologna with some dignity not too long ago ourselves.)

I can't stand Milan as much as the next juventino, but I also have a healthy respect for them. It's sad to see a player of Sheva's caliber go down ... just as it was for Trez earlier this season. And while they may be wounded at the moment, that was us just a few weeks ago looking out from the form toilet (and I would argue that we've hardly proven ourselves fully fit these days either). I take some comfort in our 8 point lead, but not much. But this weekend was definitely great to us. :D

Milan continues to struggle to find offensive inspiration beyond Sheva. Crespo has been spotty. Kaka is in the typical sophomore slump of superstardom. Pirlo has largely been a disappointment this season. And Milan can't seem to crack defenses at will with the likes of Cafu, Seedorf, etc. as they had last season.

Milan will find a way to score without Sheva... but they're going to struggle for a little while. Their bench just hasn't stepped up the way that our has.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,574
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Such a great day, 2 goals down against Messina! And then 3 goals, Forza Totti, Cassano and Montella!
    Fantastic comeback by Roma, congratulations for the win. It's these kind of performances that remind everyone that Roma can be a deadly team on their day

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    No, Milan couls have 11 Dida's out there and still bean Man. U.
    I hope so, I've already made bets with EPL fanatics that Milan will kick some Manure arse, but without Shevchenko I'm not too sure. I hope he's back for the second leg.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Such a great day, 2 goals down against Messina! And then 3 goals, Forza Totti, Cassano and Montella!
    Yup, the trident attack proved to be dangerous yet again!

And Totti is booked again

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Seems, on the form we are on now, perhaps we can make the CL, I didnt think we could, if that happens, money from the CL qualification, will mean we wont have to sell. I told you Roma will be very competitive next season, I predict and Roma - Milan like last season being the 2 teams again, as it seems those fools are Milan are throwing it away, normally the team who win never retain it anymore, so that rules out Juve, and then there is Inter...like I said only 2 teams to worry about!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    congratulations, but it wont happen again, after all Lippi is a far better manager then Capello

(By the way, I have to agree with everyone, that 60 sec rule gets on my nerves)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)