[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
i watched milan game.man this refree sux.he doesn't know who should he help :undecide:

dida's red card was really stupid.penalty ok.but why the hell a red card. he fouled the player inside the penalty area.
the other red card for Livorno's player is ridiculus too.he just hold the shirt of the milan player in the middle of the pitch.
and Livorno's last goal.wtf???100% right goal.sadly canceled :(
and 6 minutes additional time???so that milan wins????:(
Referees need to be more damn careful. Remember what happened to Ovchinnikov during the EURO when Russia played (don't remember who), and the guy was sent off when he did not touch the ball outside the box?

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Referees need to be more damn careful. Remember what happened to Ovchinnikov during the EURO when Russia played (don't remember who), and the guy was sent off when he did not touch the ball outside the box?
Man am sure they see all the things going on. but don't know what the think of.
If he wants to help milan y did he send dida off?? :undecide:

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well if you think beating Brescia is gonna be easy, think again. No easy matches in Serie A..
u r right
specially the first games
i think Livorno cancelled goal was not offside,it was a clean one

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Tiziano Pieri should be suspended.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Very long hard season ahead of us. 2-2 doesnt look so bad for the Milan boys. When AC hit peak fitness they will kill it. We have to look solid in our first game and try not to let in any goals. 1 or 2 nil I would be happy with.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
u r right
specially the first games
i think Livorno cancelled goal was not offside,it was a clean one
Actually, I don't think the refereeing in the Milan-Livorno match was that terrible ... even if it wasn't very good.

I agreed with the ref's call to eject Dida with a red card. He did go for the ball, but he clearly missed. Vigiani did a little acting, but he was reasonably tripped ... and was pretty much spot-on to score a goal at the point of Dida's miss and foul. The two RAI announcers also called for a "rigore" right when it happened.

The would-be final goal by Lucarelli was a linesman mistake, IMO. I'm not sure of what the call was. It looked like they were calling it offsides, which it clearly was not since two Milan defenders were between Lucarelli and Abbiati at the point the ball was headed forward to him. And I saw some other report that claimed that the corner kick went out of play, but that's even more ludicrous. Should have been 3-2 Livorno.

Unfortunately, some Livorno fan did their best impression of a Romanista clown by clocking Abbiati. Jerk. :wth:

As for Galliani dissing Lippi for calling up his internationals, well, I have to say that Milan found a way to lose those points without them. He's complaining about having to start with Ambrosini and Seedorf when he's at home playing Livorno? Shyuddup and quit your whining, Galliani. :totti:

But I gotta say -- the way Milan played last season, they lived a charmed life. It seemed like anything that could go their way practically did in Lega Calcio play. It was nice to sort of see the "charm" (as the opposite of a "curse") lifted finally. Inter's and Milan's performances today leave hope for us all.

But still, I think Juve is in for a dogfight tomorrow. As nervous as I am about the Brescia match, at least we know they won't start the season any more than a point behind either Milan team.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Voller brings Roma realism
Sunday 12 September, 2004

Rudi Voller has been drafted in at the last minute to rescue Roma and concedes he can only do so much in these early stages.

“We are the fourth best team in Serie A, as on paper Milan, Inter and Juventus have something more,” commented the Coach.

“In the first few games I’ll have to put a great deal of trust in these players, their motivation and individual talents to get us through. We have to make sure every team that comes here does so thinking that they'll probably lose.”

The German was a hero for the Giallorossi fans during the 1980’s and early ‘90’s, now rushing to their aid when Cesare Prandelli resigned due to his wife’s ill health. He is expected to give an even greater leadership role to Francesco Totti, but singled out a surprising saviour.

“I am sure that Vincent Candela will do well this season. We spoke for a long time and it will be crucial to get him back to his old self. He really wants to prove himself and I hope this will be his year.”

Candela can give the side some much-needed width, especially with the tactical changes implemented by Voller.

“As a basic rule we will be using the 4-4-2 system,” he revealed as they shelved Prandelli’s more elaborate ideals. “We can change it along the way depending on our needs at that moment in time.”

In this tricky situation, Roma could not have asked for a tougher opening game than to welcome Fiorentina to the Stadio Olimpico.

“They had a fantastic transfer campaign and can count on important individual talents. The Viola will no doubt try to win the match, so we have to be very focused, especially in defence.”

That is easier said than done, as although Philippe Mexes is available after his six-week ban was postponed pending appeal, Matteo Ferrari is suspended, Cristian Chivu injured and Traianos Dellas a major risk with a calf problem.

Gaetano D’Agostino, Damiano Tommasi, Gigi Sartor and striker Mido are also out, so we are likely to see fullback Leandro Cufre’ improvise as a central defender alongside Mexes.

===

Viola unleash trident on Roma

Fiorentina boss Emiliano Mondonico has no intention of playing like a Serie A new boy when he travels to Roma this afternoon.

“I don’t want to hear claims that Roma have more to lose than we do,” said the Coach. “I always go on to the pitch in order to win and that is what we’ll do today regardless of the fact we’re facing Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano.”

The Viola have had an extraordinary transfer campaign and are expected to scare the big clubs this season, but first Mondonico must figure out how to field all these stars together.

“I hope that the idea of taking on Fabrizio Miccoli and Christian Riganò will make the Roma players lose sleep rather than the other way round,” added Mondo. “I know I’ll be using lads who haven’t really played together yet, but the trident attack has worked well so far and I hope it’ll maintain its effectiveness.”

Their star of the summer so far has been Javier Portillo, whose goals also helped get Fiorentina through to the second round of the Coppa Italia, but all eyes will be on new buy Miccoli’s debut.

It will be a particularly special occasion for goalkeeper Cristiano Lupatelli, who will face his former club now that Sebastian Cejas has been ruled out for two months with a thigh strain.

“It won’t be a game like any other,” assured the ex-Roma shot-stopper. “I will look at the Curva Sud where the hard-line Roma fans are and get goosebumps, but after that initial moment I will defend the Viola colours with honour.”

===

Baldini: Parma will amaze you

The Gialloblu have sold off many of their star names, but new boss Silvio Baldini has every confidence Parma will fight for a Champions’ League spot.

“If we are on form,” insisted the Coach, “then Parma can play on level terms with anyone, including Real Madrid. We are all ready for this debut.”

The club has been able to hold on to Italian international Alberto Gilardino, even though financial worries have forced some major changes.

“I am sure that by the end of the season we will have something special to celebrate. I feel ready to bet on it.”

Baldini will make his official Parma debut at the Stadio Tardini against new boys Messina this afternoon.

“There is always a bit of pathos with your first game,” he explained. “Every debut, no matter what the division, I always feel those emotions. I am happy with that fact as it means I’m alive and doing a job I love.”

If Baldini is ambitious for this side, then President Guido Angiolini is no less enthusiastic.

“I think that, although perhaps not quite as good as last season, we have a competitive squad able to impress the fans. I hope that Parma can make it a top five finish with an eye on a place in Europe.”

www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That Livorno goal was not leagal at all. The linesman raised the flag as soon as the corner lick was taken, because the ball went out of the pitch when it flew to the players waiting infront of the goal. If anything is fishy about that game it's those 7 added minutes at the end. Nothing more. Milan played like crap and Livorno should get more from that game.

Nike could really take a look at the new Milan jerseys as they are classy, cool and hot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Sunday Results:

Atalanta 2-2 Lecce (Pazzini, Albertini / Giacomazzi, Bojinov)
Brescia 0-3 Juventus (Nedved, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic)
Cagliari 1-0 Bologna (Esposito)
Palermo 1-0 Siena (Toni)
Parma 0-0 Messina
Reggina 0-0 Udinese
Roma 1-0 Fiorentina (Montella)

Sampdoria-Lazio is still to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)