[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (76 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
:extatic: I'll get to watch four games this weekend in serie a.

Chievo - Inter
Milan - Livorno
Roma - Fiorentina
Sampdoria - Lazio

too bad I can't see Juve. :groan:

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
:extatic: I'll get to watch four games this weekend in serie a.

Chievo - Inter
Milan - Livorno
Roma - Fiorentina
Sampdoria - Lazio

too bad I can't see Juve. :groan:
the same here..

i wish if they show juve's match instead of roma's :groan:

FORZA CHIEVO N LIVORNO :D

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++

the same here..

i wish if they show juve's match instead of roma's :groan:

FORZA CHIEVO N LIVORNO :D

WHAT... today they will show milan and inters match on abu dhabi sports i think and tomorow they WILL show juventus match they will definitely show it either recorded like an hour later or live instead of samp and lazio ... they try to get all da juve matches koz here there are many juve fans and no1 cares for lazio or sampdoria ..... i dont kno about da other channels ... if all goes bad .... livescore.net forza lol or try to find a live stream some how

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++

WHAT... today they will show milan and inters match on abu dhabi sports i think and tomorow they WILL show juventus match they will definitely show it either recorded like an hour later or live instead of samp and lazio ... they try to get all da juve matches koz here there are many juve fans and no1 cares for lazio or sampdoria ..... i dont kno about da other channels ... if all goes bad .... livescore.net forza lol or try to find a live stream some how

they will show roma live n probably juve recorded but lazio - samp will definitely be live

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Courtesy of channel4.com:

Ancelotti wants it all
Saturday 11 September, 2004

Carlo Ancelotti has lifted the Scudetto, Champions’ League and Coppa Italia over the last two seasons and aims to do it all again, starting with tonight’s game.

“We really want to have a good start to the season in both the domestic and European competitions,” explained the Milan boss, “especially as last year both Roma and us were fighting for the title precisely because we went straight out of the blocks.”

The Rossoneri have strengthened their squad over the summer, but he faces difficult choices with Andriy Shevchenko, Hernan Crespo and Pippo Inzaghi struggling against injury.

“If there is the slightest risk then Shevchenko will not play, but the medical tests were reassuring. Andrea Pirlo is one of those players who perhaps needs a holiday right now, but I will field the best available line-up against Livorno.”

Just three days after this Serie A opener, they will dive straight into the Champions’ League with a tricky trip to Ukrainians Shakhtar Donetsk.

“Livorno are a tough side with a great team movement and, above all, they have some smart strikers in the shape of Cristiano Lucarelli and Igor Protti. However,” he added, “we’ve been relaxing since May 2 and now is the time to spice up our football with some competitive games.”

Milan are undoubtedly among the favourites to retain their title, particularly now that the financial climate has cut the pretenders down to just three teams.

“Milan, Inter and Juventus had the best transfer campaign,” concedes Ancelotti, “while Roma have the quality to be on the outside of that Scudetto battle. We must also contend with two impressive newcomers like Palermo and Fiorentina."

"I don’t mind starting out as one of the favourites, although Juve and Inter have had the chance to whittle down any problems during the Champions’ League qualifiers.”

Having won practically every prestigious club trophy with the Rossoneri, what does the future hold for Ancelotti?

“The Italy squad, of course!” he joked during a press conference. “My contract expires in 2007, the same time as Marcello Lippi’s deal, so I’ve already told him he should be worried. He can lift the 2006 World Cup and then bow out as a winner.”

Milan squad:

Gk Abbiati, Dida.

D: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro, Stam.

M: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Kakà.

F: Crespo, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Tomasson

===

Mancini won't tolerate hiccups

Inter begin their most realistic Scudetto bid in years and Roberto Mancini maintains he will not stand for anything less than a victory at Chievo.

“We must go to the Stadio Bentegodi and win,” he said ahead of this afternoon’s 2004-05 campaign opener. “This club has begun a new era and our objective is victory.”

The tactician is representative of a new atmosphere within the Nerazzurri, who are looking to build a lasting legacy rather than buy success.

“We must take this season one game at a time, not think ahead to Tuesday’s Champions’ League game with Werder Bremen. Chievo have done very well over the last few years and it won’t be an easy tie.”

It is likely that Adriano will be fielded from the start alongside Alvaro Recoba despite his hard work with the Brazilian national squad this week.

“The internationals have come back to base a little tired,” conceded the Coach, “but that is normal. As long as there are no actual injury problems, they should be able to play.”

One player who is definitely out of the running is Nicolas Andre Burdisso, as the Argentine defender has not even made the trip to Verona. With Ivan Cordoba and Cristiano Zanetti suspended, this means that the central defenders will be Sinisa Mihajlovic and Marco Materazzi.

“These are two very experienced players and will know how to do a good job. They’ll have to, seeing as we really don’t have any alternatives.”

Christian Vieri is recovering well from a knee problem that has troubled him throughout the summer, but is more likely to feature in Europe.

“Bobo is feeling much better,” assured his former Lazio teammate, “and he has been in full training for three weeks now, playing a couple of friendlies. Clearly, he can only find his form by playing regularly.”

Mancini has other problems to contend with, as two different law suits from Lazio President Claudio Lotito and the shareholders’ association are looking to sue him for damages totalling £6m.

“In the Capital they seem to have mistaken me for a piggy bank,” joked the tactician. “Every day I get a different request for £3m.”

The Biancocelesti maintain that Mancini was pushing Jaap Stam, Sinisa Mihajlovic and Dejan Stankovic into accepting a move to Inter while he was still in charge of the team.

Inter squad:

Toldo, Fontana; J.Zanetti, Mihajlovic, Zè Maria, Favalli, Materazzi, Pasquale, Dellafiore; Emre, Van der Meyde, Davids, Veron, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Cruz, Adriano, Recoba, Vieri

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Jorgensen eyes Roman conquest

Martin Jorgensen hopes to mark his Fiorentina debut with an ambitious victory at Roma’s Stadio Olimpico.

“I am confident going into Sunday’s game,” stated the Dane. “I can tell you that our intention is to leave the Capital with three points in the bag.”

They have a better chance than ever this weekend, as the Giallorossi will be without defenders Traianos Dellas and Cristian Chivu, although Philippe Mexes has been freed from his six-week ban.

“I don’t know whether this situation will cause them extra problems in defence, but we will go for it, even if they have their full squad at Rudi Voller’s disposal.”

There was quite a rivalry between these two clubs when the Viola were last in the top flight, and the money spent by President Diego Della Valle to create a quality side belies their newly promoted status.

“I chose to join Fiorentina because I saw they were setting up a great team with real prospects,” explained the former Udinese midfielder. “Besides, I needed a new challenge after seven years in Friuli.”

The summer spending spree does have its drawbacks, as Fabrizio Miccoli is yet to make his debut for the Viola and just returned from international duty.

“It is true that many of us don’t know each other yet,” added Jorgensen, “and it’ll take a little time before we can be a truly effective unit. That was inevitable.”

There will be special motivation for one player, as goalkeeper Sebastian Cejas is out for two months with a torn calf muscle, so former Roma man Cristiano Lupatelli will guard the Viola posts.

Fiorentina squad:

Ariatti, Chiellini, Dainelli, Delli Carri, Di Livio, Fontana, Helguera, Jorgensen, Lupatelli, Maresca, Miccoli, Obodo, Palmieri, Piangerelli, Portillo, Rigano', Savini, Ujfalusi, Viali

===

Bazzani reveals Euro dreams

Fabio Bazzani came close to capturing a UEFA Cup spot with Sampdoria last season and aims to finish the job this time around.

“After months of friendlies and training sessions we just cannot wait to get stuck in to some real football,” said the giant hitman as he prepares to face Lazio on Sunday evening.

“We will make our debut on home turf, and that is why we are particularly eager to get a good start to this campaign. Lazio have changed a great deal, but remain an excellent outfit.”

Bazzani’s goals last year helped earn him a place in the Italy squad, albeit on the fringes of the side.

“It is obvious I’d like to improve upon my personal record of 13 goals set last season, but in truth I’d happily accept to score 12 as long as Sampdoria qualified for the UEFA Cup.”

The Blucerchiati made a remarkable impact on Serie A as a newly promoted side, so how will they face this challenge in front of new pretenders Fiorentina and Palermo?

“We don’t feel as if we have already achieved our aims,” assured Bazzani, “even if we are no longer debutantes. This year Sampdoria will be considered one of the teams it’s tough to beat.”

“Our aim this season is to keep our feet on the ground. We have hardly changed at all over the transfer campaign and this can be a positive aspect, as we all know each other and our tactics so well.”

Meanwhile, former Sampdoria striker Antonio Floro Flores has penned a contract with Perugia. The Under-21 international, who scored the winner in the 1-0 victory over Moldova midweek, was out of contract following the bankruptcy of Napoli.

channel4.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Sensi slams 'sneaky' Capello

Roma President Franco Sensi has broken his silence to explain Fabio Capello’s departure and the future of Francesco Totti.

“Capello acted in the same way he always had,” noted the Giallorossi chief. “Two years ago I renewed his contract with the highest wages in Serie A, then he got someone to sign a clearance form and left in the night."

The Coach caused shockwaves in July when he left Roma for their rivals Juve, a switch that surprised even the local press and angered fans.

"I would at least have expected him to talk to me, as I would have happily released him, even to join Juventus.”

The club’s problems with management only got worse as the summer wore on, as Cesare Prandelli resigned due to his wife’s ill health, paving the way for Rudi Voller.

“Prandelli is a good man and I chose him personally,” revealed President Sensi in the 'Corriere dello Sport'. “He knows that when his personal problems have been resolved, Roma will welcome him back with open arms.”

“Meanwhile, Voller is the right man for the job. He has experience, charisma and already knows the club and its fans. The alternative was Serse Cosmi, but Voller is more of a guarantee in such a big side.”

Financial problems forced Sensi to sell off several of his assets just to keep the Giallorossi afloat, then parted company with Walter Samuel, Emerson, John Carew and Jonathan Zebina.

“We can still aim for the Scudetto,” he insisted. “This remains a competitive squad with a very good Coach in charge. Roma won the title in 2001 and have always been regularly in the top group of teams.”

The future of the side is far from certain, as Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano are top transfer targets for the likes of Milan, Inter and Real Madrid.

“Totti will never leave Roma,” assured Sensi. “He is an institution here and if the city were to be condensed into a football player, it would be Francesco. It’s impossible to see him wear another jersey. Cassano will also remain with us and sign a new contract soon.”

Sensi also maintains that he is a firm part of Roma’s future, staking his claim with this first press interview in almost a year.

“Roma is mine and I intend to keep it. Six months ago I wanted to leave because I was tired,” he said of the negotiations with Russian oil tycoons, “but I resolved the financial problems with some massive sacrifices and now everything is running smoothly.”

channel4.com

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

you shouldn't....

you are a juventino!!!!
i kno i shuldnt but i want us to beat ac milan with schevchenko playing and everybody else i dont want him injured .. i want him to be in his best form and for buffon to keep ****** him over till finally scheva quits.. when buffon saves his penalty.... so a request from me to you .. our plan of breaking schevas leg is of .. tell montero to keep put and also iuliano and most of all you don do anything crazy:devil: ....

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Sensi slams 'sneaky' Capello

Roma President Franco Sensi has broken his silence to explain Fabio Capello’s departure and the future of Francesco Totti.

“Capello acted in the same way he always had,” noted the Giallorossi chief. “Two years ago I renewed his contract with the highest wages in Serie A, then he got someone to sign a clearance form and left in the night."

The Coach caused shockwaves in July when he left Roma for their rivals Juve, a switch that surprised even the local press and angered fans.

"I would at least have expected him to talk to me, as I would have happily released him, even to join Juventus.”

“Prandelli is a good man and I chose him personally,” revealed President Sensi in the 'Corriere dello Sport'. “He knows that when his personal problems have been resolved, Roma will welcome him back with open arms.”

channel4.com
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++

i kno i shuldnt but i want us to beat ac milan with schevchenko playing and everybody else i dont want him injured .. i want him to be in his best form and for buffon to keep ****** him over till finally scheva quits.. when buffon saves his penalty.... so a request from me to you .. our plan of breaking schevas leg is of .. tell montero to keep put and also iuliano and most of all you don do anything crazy:devil: ....
you are right actually!!!

that would be a BIGEST dream coming true!!

i want juve to fvck milan with all their players in!!!!!!!!!!!!:fero::fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)