[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (11 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #184
    you're pissed that the thread was merged or you're pissed with milan? I was confused by your post

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Tomasson extends San Siro stay
    Wednesday, 8 September 2004

Jon Dahl Tomasson has added three years to his contract with AC Milan, committing the Denmark striker to the Italian champions until 2009.

Title triumph
    "At a club like Milan you cannot be sure of place in the starting XI - you just need to be ready every time the coach calls. I think I have proved myself ready over the last two years and the new contract is evidence of this," said Tomasson, who scored 12 goals in 26 games as Milan won their 17th Scudetto last season.

Free transfer
    Tomasson also registered three times at UEFA EURO 2004™. The 28-year-old joined Milan on a free transfer in 2002 after helping Feyenoord reach the UEFA Cup final, where he scored the winner in a 3-2 victory against BV Borussia Dortmund.

Ukraine trip
    The Rossoneri begin their title defence against AS Livorno Calcio on Saturday, three days before their UEFA Champions League campaign gets under way with a match at FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

uefa.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Zola geared up for Serie A comeback
    Wednesday 8 September, 2004

On Sunday afternoon Gianfranco Zola will play his first Serie A game in eight years and admits this will be an emotional occasion.

“I am back with a few more candles on the birthday cake,” smiled the former Chelsea legend. “That can be a hindrance, but I have the same enthusiasm as ever and much more experience to draw on.”

Zola was considered to be a rival to Roberto Baggio during his time at Napoli and Parma, but left for the Premiership following personality clashes with Carlo Ancelotti in January 1997.

“I won’t deny that this will be an emotional moment for me,” continued the 38-year-old, “so I am trying to be in top shape for my debut. It’s especially important for me as I think this will be my final year as a professional football player.”

He had been prepared to hang up his boots this summer, but was convinced to take his hometown club into Serie A after earning promotion.

Zola also took the time to give his opinion on the current Azzurri set-up, although his international career never quite lived up to expectations with eight goals in 35 appearances.

“The Nazionale is the jewel in the crown of Italian football and that is how it should be regarded. In the last decade, club sides have taken charge and exclusively look after their own interests. This is the wrong attitude and the Federation should take care of the Azzurri’s needs.”

Over the last couple of seasons in particular, Italy have seen several star players miss out on internationals due to injuries, only to then play for their club sides a few days later.

“When I made my debut in 1991,” added Zola, “there was a greater love for the Italy squad than there is now. If you were called then you went to the training camp with enthusiasm and pride, so we must treat these games with more importance.”

channel4.com

:touched:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Big three convince Mazzone
    Thursday 9 September, 2004

Wily old tactician Carlo Mazzone has given his opinions on what he expects to occur in the new season.

"Milan, Juventus and Inter are all on the same level for me and they all have a chance at the title," said the Bologna boss.

"The Rossoneri are the reigning champions and they will need to find the right motivation to keep winning.

"Juventus have spent very well over the summer and Fabio Capello has a very strong squad at his disposal. They can win everything this season.

"Inter too have bought well. Now it will be up to Roberto Mancini to lead the side to those victories which Massimo Moratti has been chasing for years."

Mazzone, now 67, was also asked to comment on Roma – the club he has supported since his birth in the capital.

"They are just under the big guns but they are still a very good side," he noted. "They are strong in every department and have some wonderful players.

"I think Parma, Udinese, Sampdoria, Palermo, Fiorentina and Lazio will be in competition with each other for a UEFA Cup spot."

channel4.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Peruzzi eager to impress
    Thursday 9 September, 2004

Lazio ‘keeper Angelo Peruzzi has no intention of taking it easy despite edging towards the end of an illustrious career.

"I’ll continue playing for three more years," said the veteran. "I want to keep hold of the No 1 jersey during that time."

The former Italian international recently signed a new deal with the capital club and he intends to honour it.

"The life of a goalkeeper is made up of many sacrifices, especially at my age," continued the 34-year-old.

"I’ll play on and then quit in 2007. But in the time I’ve got left I will give my best because I have my name to live up to."

Peruzzi has spent most of his career challenging for major honours after spells at Juventus and Inter.

But that won’t be the case at the Stadio Olimpico this season after a number of high profile departures.

"Sides used to fear us because of our squad but we now need to change our mentality," he explained.

"We need to find a new stimulus and have the desire to emerge in the Italian game again. That is how we can become important again."

channel4.com

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I want to watch games but I can't :(

Anyway, the title will be between Milan and Juve, Inter will fail late to go out of the competition and leave the 2 giants to battle

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It's a hard call to make as usual. Juve, Milan and even Inter :)D) all have a great chance of winning the Scudetto. This one could go down to the wire, ladies and gentlemen :excited:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Inter :LOL: They always tell us to be aware of mighty Inter, but in the end of the day they end up with nothing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)