Israeli-Palestinian conflict (67 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
We're living 70 years after Holocaust, and at some point this society, which touts itself as an oasis in the middle east desert of violence should move on. I understand what you're saying though but honestly I don't give them a pass.
:tup:

Again, 70 years is nothing imo, we are still talking about my own grandparents. But regardless I agree with you 100%

And it's not about giving a pass, it's just about understanding things for what they are, the truth isn't some excuse. Every Israeli wants to move on so we can become a normal country, it might take another generation or two but i believe we will get there. That's the whole purpose of Israel for us, we will never shed the "persecuted minority" mentality without it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
So according to you the weaker people have the right to use weapons and should be called as saints while the strong nation should put up with everything because they are stronger and have no right in defending itself.
According to you strong is terrorist and weak is saint.. Nope thats not how it goes..

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with his post is his reference that Israel is the violent that harms the saints..
Every other country would wipe the Palestinians of the earth and no one would even care but since its Israel (and despite not doing what many other countries would do) Israel is being called the bully because they are stronger and lots of countries hates jews..
Should it be another country instead of Israel they would wipe out the entire Palestinians and people wouldnt have even criticise them (Im not saying this is what that needs to be done - I just say because its Israel people criticise first and then listen if they even do that..)
Wow. We can tell by this post that you're a disgusting person

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Because it's understandable.

It's a really complicated topic, but in short jews in general think that the world didn't help them during the holocaust, which is basically true. Hence if the world didn't care about the Jewish genocide as it happened why would it care about the palestinians one, unless of course it's been done by Jews. I don't agree or think it holds today but you can make that correlation

Whether you agree with the assertion above about the Jewish genocide or not, It's not rational thinking anyway since the world changed alot since but the Jewish persecuted mentality hasn't. All things considering that might take a while

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you read my response to him you will see that even before I responded to you I mentioned how the Jews are still stuck in the "weak" and oppressed mentality
How is that understandable? If anything, those who were wronged should be the last ones who would commit a similar wrong to a people who were not those who wronged them in the first place (hence there's no possibility of revenge). How is what he said in any way understandable?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Don't be so harsh, that's just how the brainwashing works on certain matters in certain parts of the world... other than that he never struck me as a guy that would actually come up and post something as stupid as he did above, he is obviously naive/misinformed and in total contrast with this subject. :thumbs:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That post is the perfect example of the bubbles and echo chambers many israelis/jews live in.
The problem is you are in the bubble of what the media is selling you
Its like some of the fabricated photos they are selling you (not all of them of course) and you like many unfortunately eat it with a spoon
Is Israel perfect?! No, Of course not.. Israel if very far from perfect but Israel is also not that ruthless bully some people make it look like..

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe and maybe not but if you bold the last part as well or at least read it you would see that its not my opinion to wipe people out - I just said other countries would have done it instead while Israel dont

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Don't be so harsh, that's just how the brainwashing works on certain matters in certain parts of the world... other than that he never struck me as a guy that would actually come up and post something as stupid as he did above, he is obviously naive/uninformed and in total contrast with this subject. :thumbs:
It basically tells that he doesn't give if a fuck if there's a genocide of a people and he even try to normalize that. Ignorant or not, he's a scumbag

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Listen, we shouldn't hold it against anyone who support the palestinians, if we are honest we both would probably do the same if we weren't Israeli. Don't take it personally or as an attack on our values.

Rooting for the weak is an almost involuntary response in today world, we are all thought from a young age to stand up for the weak and the oppressed. Every heroic story we tell as people is always about the underdog defeating the strong, from David and Goliath to Robin hood and the Alamo, look at almost every movie ever made and you will see that.

I mean Israel was overwhelmingly supported by both the left and the right in the west until the late 80's or so, there wasn't even a question regarding the legitimacy or support of Israel beside the fringes of politics, ask yourself what changed? did Israel became more bloodthirsty or the palestinians suddenly abandoned armed resistance? Nope.

Two things happened, Israel solidified its position as a regional power so it was no longer to be viewed as the "weak" side in the Israeli-arab conflict, which leads to the second thing. Since the arab countries abandoned the Palestinians it was no longer viewed as a Israeli-Arab conflict which was the case before then, the whole conflict became lopsided with a clear strong/weak division of roles. I believe the arab countries did this on purpose since they knew they can't defeat Israel militarily but that's another story. The roles just suddenly flipped on us, while mentally we still view ourselves as the weak.

People who live half the world away, on a different planet to ours basically, have their own life, issues and cares to worry about, mostly. they aren't as involved or know the fine details of the Israeli-palestinians conflict as we do, they don't know Israelis or the Palestinians either, just projecting on them predetermined roles in a play . People don't have the time to form an opinion, it's just easier to be on the "good" side while there isn't really one, just a matter of how you frame the story.
I agree

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Its like some of the fabricated photos they are selling you (not all of them of course) and you like many unfortunately eat it with a spoon
Is Israel perfect?! No, Of course not.. Israel if very far from perfect but Israel is also not that ruthless bully some people make it look like..
What you say in this post is COMPLETELY different from what you said in the original post though.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe and maybe not but if you bold the last part as well or at least read it you would see that its not my opinion to wipe people out - I just said other countries would have done it instead while Israel dont
Just stop, please.

You are making a fool out of yourself by somehow justifying genocide.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It basically tells that he doesn't give if a $#@! if there's a genocide of a people and he even try to normalize that. Ignorant or not, he's a scumbag
It basically tells I think other countries will think that.. It doesnt say anything about me being the no`1 supporter for genocide..

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Just stop.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What you say in this post is COMPLETELY different from what you said in the original post though.
Maybe I wasnt clear enough or that I dont have a specific political preference between left and rights and might support some of the lefties decision and some right wing decision - might object both as well.. Im not a politician, I dont have political skills and Im not in search for ones but I believe a more "central" approach is the best

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
How is that understandable? If anything, those who were wronged should be the last ones who would commit a similar wrong to a people who were not those who wronged them in the first place (hence there's no possibility of revenge). How is what he said in any way understandable?
Do you even read my post or are you just looking to get triggered? I have never claimed it was a rational conclusion, it is what it is.

I think Always responded to you in kind and offered rational arguments whether you agree with them or not. I have never ducked an unconviient argument (like you did several times) or tried and dismiss your views as biased (again, like you did couple of times).

And I can deal with strawman arguments.

However, if you are trying to compare the holocaust (or any genocide for that matter) to the current conflict it is a clear red flag for me personally that any discussion on the subject we might have will be fruitless

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Its not that you have those..
Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

However, if you are trying to compare the holocaust (or any genocide for that matter) to the current conflict it is a clear red flag for me personally that any discussion on the subject we might have will be fruitless
Of course they shouldn't be compared. One is history, the other is present.

What's your take on the idea that the two-state solution is dead, and that at soem point there will be only one state and Israel will need to give palestinians civil rights? Do you fear an apartheid situation in this case?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they shouldn't be compared. One is history, the other is present.

What's you take on the idea that the two-state solution is dead, and that at soem point there will be only one state and Israel will need to give palestinians civil rights? Do you fear an apartheid situation in this case?
and you from all people tell me to stop..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 64)