Israeli-Palestinian conflict (31 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 2, 2006
OIC states recognize E. Jerusalem as occupied capital of Palestine

OIC final communique calls on world to recognize East Jerusalem as occupied capital of Palestinian state

ISTANBUL
Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states issued a communique Wednesday, recognizing Palestine as a state with East Jerusalem as its capital following an extraordinary summit meeting in Istanbul called by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The final communique also called on the world to recognize East Jerusalem as the occupied capital of Palestinian state and condemned the U.S. administration's "unlawful" decision on Jerusalem's status.

Jerusalem remains at the core of the Israel-Palestine conflict, with Palestinians hoping that East Jerusalem -- currently occupied by Israel -- will eventually become the capital of a Palestinian state.

The OIC is the second-largest inter-governmental body after the United Nations and 57 member states spread over four continents.

It was established during a historic summit in Rabat, Morocco in 1969 following an arson attack on the Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem.

Al-Aqsa was set fire by an Australian Christian called Michael Denis Rohan on Aug. 21, 1969. The shrine and a 1,000-year-old pulpit were totally destroyed as well as several historical sites.

Rohan had joined a U.S.-based sect called “The Church of God” and believed that setting fire to Al-Aqsa would hasten the coming of the Messiah.

He was later declared mentally unstable and is reported to have died in psychiatric care in 1995.

http://aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/oic...alem-as-occupied-capital-of-palestine/1003570

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
[video=twitter;979867831176134657]https://twitter.com/statedeptspox/status/979867831176134657[/video]

"Those involved"?

No mention or condemnation of who killed those lives.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You are way off mate.

I don't care for semantics, specially on such matters. The post he made is factually false (for someone claiming to know history :lol:) , it has nothing to do with me being deluded or my personal views on the subject. (which you just assume are deluded, a problem in itself thinking all of Israel or Palastin are one collective of people and not individuals).

Anyway regarding the post. First there was no existing country in the region, only local Arab tribes who didn't identified themselves as Palestinians at the time. Second Israel doesn't change borders on a whim, it never has and it's a ridicules claim. The only time Israel deliberately changed a border was as a part of some concession being made (Sinai peninsula for the peace with Egypt, Gaza for the peace processes with the Palestinians and some of the west bank for the peace with Jordan). All initial changes of borders anyway were caused by Arab aggression and as a result of Israel winning defensive wars ( and 90% of those territories were returned as I mentioned except for the Golan heights).

The part that actually made me angry is not even in the post I quoted, the claim that Israel Carpet bombs cities is just utterly ridicules and shows how far and blind some people can get when they pick a side

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I dont disagree with the result part of his post, thats the only true fact in there, its just the simplistic view on how we got there that is bothering me
Too bad you are the only guy who actually know history
While many here claim they do they talk nonsense while you summed it up very good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)