Israeli-Palestinian conflict (40 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you want Hamas to react to traitors like those? How would your government have acted, if they were in Hamas's place ie in a state of war, under siege etc.
That's a bullshit argument and you know it. Either both parties are allowed to commit atrocities or neither one is. You can't attack Israel for doing so, if you do it yourself.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I should have made myself clearer. If Israel were committing atrocities on a constant basis and getting away with it, why don't Hamas?
Ah, if that's what you're saying then I agree. All I wanted to do was point out that the situation was not as black and white as some on this forum want me to believe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ah, if that's what you're saying then I agree. All I wanted to do was point out that the situation was not as black and white as some on this forum want me to believe.
How fucking fast are you? :D

I was editing my post, but forget it, you got the point anyway.

Jul 2, 2006
At a weekend meeting in Istanbul, 200 religious scholars and clerics met senior Hamas officials to plot a new jihad centred on Gaza.

The BBC's Bill Law was the only Western journalist at the meeting.

In a hall crowded with conservative Sunni Muslim sheikhs and scholars, in a hotel close to Istanbul's Ataturk Airport speaker after speaker called for jihad against Israel in support of Hamas.

The choice of Turkey was significant. Arab hardliners were keen to put aside historic differences with the Turks.

As one organiser put it: "During the past 100 years relations have been strained but Palestine has brought us together."

Many delegates spoke appreciatively of the protest by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who stormed out of a Davos debate on Gaza two weeks ago.

The conference, dubbed the Global Anti-Aggression Campaign, also gave impetus to Sunni clerics concerned about the growing power of Hezbollah, the Shia movement backed by Iran, which rose to international prominence in its own war with Israel in 2006.

"Gaza is a gift," the Saudi religious scholar Mohsen al-Awajy told me. He and other delegates repeatedly referred to the Gaza war as "a victory".

"Gaza," he continued, "gives us power, it solves our differences. We are all now in a unified front against Zionism."

In closed meetings after sessions delegates focussed on the creation of a "third Jihadist front" - the first two being Afghanistan and Iraq. The intensity of the Israeli attack had "awakened all Muslims," Mr Awajy claimed.

"Palestine is a legitimate theatre of operations for jihad (holy war)," he added.

Road to liberation

Mohammed Nazzal, a senior Hamas leader based in Damascus, challenged Arab governments to "open their borders and allow the fighters to come."

Delegates from all over the Middle East, and from Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan and Indonesia applauded as he stabbed the air with a raised finger and declared: "There will be no agreement with Israel... only weapons will bring respect."

Mr Nazzal told his audience: "Don't worry about casualties."

The 23 days of bombardment of Gaza, in which some 1,300 people, many of them civilians and nearly 300 of them children, are believed to have died, was "just the beginning" of the struggle, Mr Nazzal said.

To laughter in the audience, another speaker noted that twice as many babies were born as children were killed during the war.

Every death, I was told, was a martyrdom on the road to liberation.

For the hardline sheikhs, it was an opportunity to underline what they see as the growing gulf between Arab regimes who are hesitant to back Hamas and the people of the region who, they say, embrace Hamas as heroes fighting against overwhelming odds.

More importantly, this conference represented something of a coup for Hamas. They were promised weapons, money and fighters.

The question remains whether such rhetoric can or will be translated into action. Israel keeps a tight blockade on the Gaza Strip, where Hamas exercises de facto control, and Israel's other borders are also heavily guarded.

But at the very least this statement of intent from Sunni hardliners poses new challenges, not just to the Israelis and to Western efforts to broker a peace deal but to Arab regimes as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
By the way, the siege goes on.
Its funny you say this, because the world ignores it so much just because Israel arent slaughtering Palestinians anymore daily. They assume Israel are being "nice" and kosher enough again when its "down time", and Hamas are the ones that re-starts the ugliness because they "attack" for no reason abruptly. But completely ignore whats worse then constantly bombing for 3 weeks, is having a BRUTAL siege on you for the rest of your life basically (and reacting against this neverending inhuman siege is somehow seen as being the instigator, ironic).

Some posters here were mentionning peaceful pacifist action by Palestinians. Well, the media and the world ignores them when Israel arent blowing them to bits, and now the siege is ongoing as usual with the world and UN doing zip. What the heck would a pacificist route do when the world doesnt give a fuck about you aside for quick news fix of seeing your dead relatives now and then every year? (Actually talked to some people who think Israel are abiding by rules and such, just because they stopped bombing them to kingdom come...).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Israel launches covert war against Iran

Philip Sherwell
Telegraph
February 17, 2009

It is using hitmen, sabotage, front companies and double agents to disrupt the regime’s illicit weapons project, the experts say.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

The most dramatic element of the “decapitation” programme is the planned assassination of top figures involved in Iran’s atomic operations.

Despite fears in Israel and the US that Iran is approaching the point of no return in its ability to build atom bomb, Israeli officials are aware of the change in mood in Washington since President Barack Obama took office.

They privately acknowledge the new US administration is unlikely to sanction an air attack on Iran’s nuclear installations and Mr Obama’s offer to extend a hand of peace to Tehran puts any direct military action beyond reach for now.

The aim is to slow down or interrupt Iran’s research programme, without the gamble of a direct confrontation that could lead to a wider war.

A former CIA officer on Iran told The Daily Telegraph: “Disruption is designed to slow progress on the programme, done in such a way that they don’t realise what’s happening. You are never going to stop it.

-----------------

Israel staging terror attacks again.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Before the attack on the Osirak reactor in 81, the Israeli's did everything. They assinated key scientiest, flooded the market with faulty components, and even sabotaged components being built on order for Iraq in other countries (I think it was in France). It's hardly surprising they are doing the same thing with Iran.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,437
    These traitors were proved to tell Israelis about the targets in Gaza. They deserved what they got.

Its funny you say this, because the world ignores it so much just because Israel arent slaughtering Palestinians anymore daily. They assume Israel are being "nice" and kosher enough again when its "down time", and Hamas are the ones that re-starts the ugliness because they "attack" for no reason abruptly. But completely ignore whats worse then constantly bombing for 3 weeks, is having a BRUTAL siege on you for the rest of your life basically (and reacting against this neverending inhuman siege is somehow seen as being the instigator, ironic).

Some posters here were mentionning peaceful pacifist action by Palestinians. Well, the media and the world ignores them when Israel arent blowing them to bits, and now the siege is ongoing as usual with the world and UN doing zip. What the heck would a pacificist route do when the world doesnt give a fuck about you aside for quick news fix of seeing your dead relatives now and then every year? (Actually talked to some people who think Israel are abiding by rules and such, just because they stopped bombing them to kingdom come...).
    Unfortunately, the majority in the world don't know that the siege is still going on in a very brutal way. I just tried to remind some people.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,438

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)