Israeli-Palestinian conflict (21 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Disgusting what's happened to Mike Carlton. One of the few voices in the mainstream Australian media telling how it is. Fucking Zionists and uppity Jews screaming "ANTI SEMITE!" whenever people have the temerity to write or speak out against the disgusting actions of the IDF. But then you have pieces of shite like Andrew Bolt writing racist and discriminatory articles against Muslims and Islam ALL THE TIME without reprimand.

Diagraceful from the SMH, Fairfax is just as bad as Herald Scum/Terrorpgrah and the other shite publications from News Corpse.

- - - Updated - - -

RUS with his boys from Sochi

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Read the whole thing. It is appalling. Props to these people really. I cannot even imagine what several years of imprisonment and humiliation, living in constant fear of death and losing the loved ones would do to me. I can totally understand if this turns a normal human being to a monster. And these people are blamed for choosing Hamas as their last resort? Has Israel left them any other option? Nothing but respect for these people who have decided to stay human despite the unbearable conditions.

In Fatal Flash, Gaza Psychologist Switches Roles, Turning Into a Trauma Victim

GAZA CITY — Hassan al-Zeyada has spent decades counseling fellow residents of the Gaza Strip who experience psychological trauma. Now, as he prepares to aid his neighbors after a new round of combat and carnage, he has a challenging new patient: himself.

An Israeli airstrike demolished Dr. Zeyada’s family home on July 20, killing six close relatives, including his mother and three of his brothers.

“You try to help the people with their suffering,” the doctor said recently in his Gaza City living room, lined with psychology textbooks. “It’s totally different when you have the same experience. You lose six from your family — three brothers, your mom, one of your nephews, your sister-in-law. It’s really” — he paused, red-eyed — “unexpected.”

He took a mental step back, to diagnose the hallmarks of trauma in himself: He was exhibiting dissociation, speaking in the second person to distance himself from pain, as well as denial. When he heard about new shelling near where his family lived in the Bureij refugee camp, he picked up the phone to call his oldest brother there. He had forgotten that the house was already gone, his brother already dead.

Dr. Zeyada, 50, works to destigmatize mental health care for a Palestinian population exposed repeatedly to war and displacement, practicing at the Gaza Community Mental Health Program, which was led by the pioneering Palestinian psychiatrist and human-rights advocate Dr. Eyad El-Sarraj until his death from leukemia in December.

Dr. Zeyada is not the only Palestinian caregiver to become a trauma victim. In the three weeks of attacks that Israel has said are meant to root out militant rocket fire and destroy clandestine tunnels into Israel, one of Dr. Zeyada’s colleagues at the program lost a brother, and their boss, Dr. Yasser Abu Jamei, lost 26 members of his extended family, including 19 children, in a single bombing.

It is difficult — even absurd, the clinicians say at their darkest moments — to try to mend psyches in the Gaza Strip, where even in calmer times the conditions are hardly conducive to psychological health, and safety is never more than provisional under the many cease-fires that have come and gone.

People cannot flee from Gaza; Israel and Egypt keep their borders virtually sealed. Residents can flee their neighborhoods, but even United Nations schools being used as shelters in Gaza have come under deadly fire. And in downtown Gaza City, where Israel has urged people to go for safety, Israeli airstrikes have repeatedly hit apartment buildings packed with residents and refugees. One strike collapsed most of a building and killed the family of a bank employee who had moved to Gaza City because of Israeli instructions.

The border restrictions, stemming from an eight-year standoff between Israel and Hamas, the militant group that dominates Gaza, have steadily eroded livelihoods in Gaza, adding to a sense of powerlessness. Even during relative lulls in violence, Israeli strikes periodically kill militants — and bystanders. People who do not want Hamas and other militants to use their farm fields to fire rockets, for fear of return fire from Israel, say they cannot always stop the combatants.

The healthy processing of grief and fear works best when those affected feel they are out of danger, Dr. Zeyada said. But that is impossible in Gaza as long as the larger conflict persists.

Sometimes, he said, he was troubled by the ethics of treating people who were likely to be traumatized again.

“You are,” he said, “like a prison doctor treating a victim of torture, making the prisoner healthy to be interrogated and tortured again.”

He spoke flatly and deliberately, his body rigid in a visible effort to maintain his composure.

“I am so afraid in this building,” the doctor said, pointing out his sixth-story window. Several apartments here, he said, are crammed with 60 people or more as residents take in fleeing relatives.

“They may hit it at any time,” he said of the Israeli military. “There is no safe place. Psychologically, that is the problem.”

As they visit the grieving in their homes and shelters, and prepare to reopen their clinics when the fighting stops, Gaza’s mental health counselors face a huge job.

One-third of Gazan children showed signs of post-traumatic stress disorder even before the latest outbreak of fighting, according to Dr. James Gordon of the Washington-based Center for Mind-Body Medicine, which runs a program in the territory. Now, with the death toll for the last three weeks exceeding 1,500 Palestinians — relative to the population, the equivalent of nearly 200,000 deaths in the United States — nearly every Gazan has heard or witnessed shelling, and most know someone personally who was killed or injured.

A few blocks from Dr. Zeyada’s apartment, Younis al-Bakr, 9, sat curled on a sofa, chewing on his fist like a much younger boy. His family said he had not spoken a word since he witnessed the shelling that killed four of his cousins on the Gaza City beach on July 17. Younis and three more cousins survived the attack, suffering shrapnel wounds along with less visible ones.

“We didn’t lose four,” said his uncle, Hamis al-Bakr. “We lost eight.”

One of the surviving boys sneaks out of the house to visit his cousins’ graves again and again, despite warnings of the danger. Another reacted to a later airstrike in the neighborhood by shaking so violently that he was taken to the hospital.

The only one willing to talk — Montasser, 10 — launched in a trembling, reedy voice into a speech that mixed stock political slogans with thoughts from a small boy’s world.

“I tell the European world, the Arab world, we were playing on the beach,” he said. “I can go now and play, but they will kill me. I’m afraid of death.”

Group and individual counseling can help trauma victims find resilience and move on with their lives, Dr. Gordon said. Many feel a mixture of guilt and powerlessness and a hunger for revenge that can fuel new cycles of militancy, he said, but “as they’re able to express their anger, the vast majority find other ways to build their society.”

Still, he said, “there’s got to be a solution — you can’t keep people in this prison.”

For his own part, Dr. Zeyada said that he would seek peer counseling and go back to work, not least because, as the oldest surviving brother in his extended family, he is now responsible for 11 of his dead siblings’ children. “There is no other choice,” he said.

Also maddening for Dr. Zeyada was trying to imagine Israel’s logic. He said two of his brothers were in Palestinian police forces — one a municipal officer employed by the Hamas administration and the other under Fatah, the rival faction that was sidelined when Hamas took over in 2007. Police forces have often been Israeli targets, but his brothers were not militants, he said — and anyway, “I am not looking for justifications.”

His family had had “absolute faith” that Israel would warn them if their house was going to be bombed, but there was no warning, he said.

Through clenched teeth, he noted that his young daughters have now experienced three wars. “Can you imagine what that means to the new generation?” he said. “Scared parents cannot assure or secure scared children.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/world/middleeast/gaza-strip-israel-psychologist-trauma.html?_r=1

- - - Updated - - -

Rus reminds me of Ahmadinejad. I never understood why people were willing to give his stupidity the attention he was crying for. And at least he was a president. Stop quoting him, stop arguing with him, stop bothering ffs.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No trageting for Palestinians civilians? Open Google and write the names of the next massacres, you criminal:
Deir Yasin 1948
Qebya 1952
Kufur Qasem 1956
Sabra & Shatila 1982
Khan Younus 1956
Oyoun Qara 1990
Al-Aqsa mosque 1990
Bahar Albaqar school - Egypt 1960s
Nasereddin 1948
Jenin 2004
Gaza 2008-2009
Gaza 2012
Gaza 2014
Hebron 1994
Dawaymeh 1948

This is what I just remembered. Try to be smart, but don't think you can lie easily, you Zionist...

- - - Updated - - -

Zionists love to see the blood of non-Zionists. Everybody saw the disgusting video for stupid Zionists while cheering for not having a school in Gaza during this battle as they were celebrating the death of our children
Did I say civilians not being killed?!
I said they are not being targeted!

Answering a post like this doesnt make you very smart..
When I`m talking about a answer about a
You cant just take half a sentence disregard the other half and then say you have valid points when the other not!

and its Hamas who fires and Israel retaliates not the other way around!

As for the idiots cheering for death I`m sure you have idiots in your country as well but this doesnt represent all the people here!

As for the UN school and rockets its not up to debate its a fact!
I read about confirmations and I also saw a picture of a rocket launcher in a building next to the UN

I do however think that in cases like the UN schools Israel should use a much more precise weapons!

I am the latest guy you should call a zionist! I dont even consider myself to be jewish (even if I do celebrate jewish holidays but its more like a tradition than a belief for me...)
I really hope there would be a Palestinian country next to Israel but first there should be a recognition so it could work!

speaking of human shields, but hey im just being brainwashed by pro palestinian media

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.530993
I`m not saying Israel is perfect as if it was perfect no one would have got hurt and everything was utopia but Haaretz are Israelis who believe the Palestinian propaganda
for example - There was a Palestinian using a tractor trying to run over Israelis in Jerusalem and was shot in response.
In every other paper it would say a terror attack in Jerusalem amount of deaths and people injured and that the terrorist is dead
Haaretz could present it like this: A tractor run through an accident. The tractor has been damaged and the driver is dead.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's all Hitler's fault..
For not completing what he started.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I say civilians not being killed?!
I said they are not being targeted!

Answering a post like this doesnt make you very smart..
When I`m talking about a answer about a
You cant just take half a sentence disregard the other half and then say you have valid points when the other not!

and its Hamas who fires and Israel retaliates not the other way around!

As for the idiots cheering for death I`m sure you have idiots in your country as well but this doesnt represent all the people here!

As for the UN school and rockets its not up to debate its a fact!
I read about confirmations and I also saw a picture of a rocket launcher in a building next to the UN

I do however think that in cases like the UN schools Israel should use a much more precise weapons!

I am the latest guy you should call a zionist! I dont even consider myself to be jewish (even if I do celebrate jewish holidays but its more like a tradition than a belief for me...)
I really hope there would be a Palestinian country next to Israel but first there should be a recognition so it could work!

I`m not saying Israel is perfect as if it was perfect no one would have got hurt and everything was utopia but Haaretz are Israelis who believe the Palestinian propaganda
for example - There was a Palestinian using a tractor trying to run over Israelis in Jerusalem and was shot in response.
In every other paper it would say a terror attack in Jerusalem amount of deaths and people injured and that the terrorist is dead
Haaretz could present it like this: A tractor run through an accident. The tractor has been damaged and the driver is dead.
Well fuck you. No argument, just fuck you and your fuck your israel state. I really hope there would be a jew country right near the bottom of the ocean.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
RUS, your hate for Muslims is so blind you can't see your own hypocrisy. You claim to be against all religions yet you're supporting Israel. It is Jewish scripture that is used to legitimize the existence of Israel and while Palestinians just happen to be there and have no religious claim to the land except the Al Aqsa mosque.
wrong, i dont hate anyone because of their religion, you can believe in muhamad, jesus or flying potato, i don't give a fuck, just don't turn into extremism and don't kill others who believe or not in other things/gods

- - - Updated - - -

Disgusting what's happened to Mike Carlton. One of the few voices in the mainstream Australian media telling how it is. Fucking Zionists and uppity Jews screaming "ANTI SEMITE!" whenever people have the temerity to write or speak out against the disgusting actions of the IDF. But then you have pieces of shite like Andrew Bolt writing racist and discriminatory articles against Muslims and Islam ALL THE TIME without reprimand.

Diagraceful from the SMH, Fairfax is just as bad as Herald Scum/Terrorpgrah and the other shite publications from News Corpse.

- - - Updated - - -

RUS with his boys from Sochi

so since 2pac used street slang it's forbidden for me to use the same street slang? you are pathetic

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11,453
    For all those who think Hamas is a terrorist organization, why do you think like that?
    Do you know the difference between resistance and terrorism?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I know one thing, I was never this anti israel and zionism or whatever before this latest escalation.

The things israel does and still gets away and how it's shown in the media and how so many people believe that propoganda can really make one angry.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    'cause the palestinian people needs the support of Europe and in time America if they want a peaceful two-state solution.

calling out for the destruction of israel, an islamic ideology and attack on civilians makes hamas impossible to support from a western perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)