Israeli-Palestinian conflict (15 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
I could be too young for this thread, and no one listens to an 18 Year old kid, but I'll bit.

A couple nights ago, I was watching Charlie Rose with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu. They were talking about the whole process towards peace between Israeli & Palestinian, and also on the homeland part. There were two things that stood out for me was that size & forces inside and outside both parties are looking at this with great interest. The First thing people have to understand is that current state of Israel is about the size of New Jersey, right? Netanyahu said that had Israel been the size of France, he would have no problem about giving land to Palestinian, because now they can think on a broader scale about defense & infrastructure. Because of the size they are now, any land within the country becomes evermore important. Another thing is that Interest within & outside both parties. There are some Israeli Nationalist( not my words) that have the idea of greater Israel in mind while some are working towards peace, and Arabs who do care for the Palestinians and others who see this as a way to get rid of the Jews. I see I can find the Video on PBS, because I only caught 20 minutes of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
I could be too young for this thread, and no one listens to an 18 Year old kid, but I'll bit.

A couple nights ago, I was watching Charley Rose with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu. They were talking about the whole process towards peace between Israeli & Palestinian, and also on the homeland part. There were two things that stood out for me was that size & forces inside and outside both parties are looking at this with great interest. The First thing people have to understand is that current state of Israel is about the size of New Jersey, right? Netanyahu said that had Israel been the size of France, he would have no problem about giving land to Palestinian, because now they can think on a broader scale about defense & infrastructure. Because of the size they are now, any land within the country becomes evermore important. Another thing is that Interest within & outside both parties. There are some Israeli Nationalist( not my words) that have the idea of greater Israel in mind while some are working towards peace, and Arabs who do care for the Palestinians and others who see this as a way to get rid of the Jews. I see I can find the Video on PBS, because I only caught 20 minutes of it.
The problem is that the fundamentalist greater Israel Jews have a birth rate of about 8 children per family while secular Israelis have a birth rate of about 2 children per families.

The political Israeli scene is sadly being dominated increasingly by fundamentalist biblical Israel crackpots...

Jul 1, 2010
:lol:

Well, I do think that the Middle East is way too much influenced by religion, much like Europe was in the Middle Ages.

During the Middle Ages, there were great intellectuals, philosophers and scientists in the Muslim world, such as Omar Khayyám and Maimonides. Therefore, the potential is certainly there.

Apr 12, 2004
You need to read up on your history mate.
Shut up you Western bastard.

YOU are more a hypocrite than anyone else.

Educated, grew up, and lived in mostly Western countries. Only to claim pride and nationalistic nonsense because that's where you think you hail from.

Fact is, if you were Libyan, you would be from Libya. "Libyans are such great people, makes me tear up to see them strive for what's right for us....."

That's easy to say when you grew up in Aberdeen and get about as much info down the pipeline as I do, talking about trouble and strife like you didn't like and live a plush life somewhere else. And that's fine, your parents had that ability, they had that right, and they had the goddamn common sense.

"Man, it was hard being from Decatur!" Yea, that's what I hear, you Seattle-bred son of a bitch.

You want to cry over some hardcore shit, let's see some hardcore shit, let's experience some hardcore shit.

You Monday-morning quarterbacking, bitch-made, house nigger.
theres no oil in that 'part' of the world. I d say if it wasnt for european genocidal ways nothing good would have come out of this part of the world.
True too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;3285418 said:
Might as well be Omaha.
You need to read up on cultural differences too. There's no way i can ever consider myself Scottish, even if i had a Scottish passport, which i don't.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nothing to do with racism. I might never go back to Scotland again in my life, how can i be Scottish? I have no connection to that country other than growing up there in the first 7-8 years of my life.
Don't talk like that baby, there's always tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)