Israeli-Palestinian conflict (51 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,423
    From Hebron city, kids drew their dreams about a nice future for Palestine and went to show soldiers how much they loved their country. Settlers were there to mock small kids..

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,427
    From East Jerusalem, protesting against evacuating people from their homes to put settlers instead of them...

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,429
    Thanks for the pics Reb, great ones as usual :tup:

Talk about humanity, respecting international law,...
    We already forgot what those words mean because they are not applied anywhere near Palestine.

Anyway, what shocked me yesterday was this news:

Fuad Matar, 78 years old. He got out of his village when he was 16 years old. It is called Yabneh, now inside what is so called Israel. Yesterday's morning, he told his wife that he misses his village so much, and he wants to go back there. She thought he was dreaming as usual of going back without having the intention of risking his life. After afew hours, 7 shots were enough to stop him on the barrier between Gaza and Israel. His wife until now does not believe that he was talking seriously that he may see his village again...

He passed away and could not see his village just like my grandfather, grandmother and tens of people I knew. They always dreamed of just seeing their lands again. It stayed as a dream.

Here are some photos from his funeral:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    RIP.

At least he tried, he waited 78 years but he finally got sick of only dreaming and tried to make a change with actually trying...Allah yir7amo.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,432
    Israel bars academic Chomsky entry to West Bank

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Noam Chomsky, a leading American intellectual highly critical of Israel's policies toward the Palestinians, was denied entry to the West Bank on Sunday by Israeli immigration officials.
    Chomsky, 82, told Reuters in a phone conversation from the Jordanian capital, Amman, he had traveled to the Allenby Bridge crossing on the Jordan River where Israeli immigration officials refused to allow him across.
    "They apparently didn't like the fact that I was due to lecture at a Palestinian university and not in Israel," Chomsky, who is Jewish, said.
    Chomsky's Palestinian host, lawmaker Mustafa al-Barghouti said the American linguistics professor and philosopher was due to lecture at Birzeit University and the Institute for Palestine Studies in Ramallah in the West Bank.
    "This decision is a fascist action, amounting to suppression of freedom of expression," Barghouti told Reuters.
    An Israeli Interior Ministry spokeswoman said immigration officials at the border crossing had misunderstood Chomsky's intentions thinking initially he was also due to visit Israel.
    She said officials were trying to get clearance from the Israeli military, which controls access to the West Bank to allow Chomsky to enter.
    "We are trying to contact the military to clear things up and if they have no objection we see no reason why he should not be allowed in," spokeswoman Sabine Hadad said.
    Chomsky said he was on a speaking tour in the region and added his schedule was too tight to allow him to try again to enter the West Bank during his current trip as he had other engagements.
    Chomsky said he last visited Israel and the West Bank in 1997 when he lectured at Ben-Gurion University and also at Birzeit. He said all his previous West Bank visits had been as a part of trips to Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100516/wl_nm/us_palestinians_israel_chomsky_1

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,434
    From Beit Jala near Bethlehem today, a desperate attempt to stop the building of the separation wall:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    You mean arresting the rightful land owners and compassionate international activists who have done nothing but use their body as human armor to protect their land?

No I would not.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I mean killing the people who are protesting to get back what "they" call their land, their right. Wouldn't you do that?

The pics Rebel posted reminded me of those another guy posted during the uproars in Iran after the recent elections. People were protesting against the government because "they" believed they were right. There was no war in Iran unlike what we see in Palestine but police opened fire on the people who were "using their bodies as human armors" and killed almost 300 in less than one month. Hundreds of those people were arrested. 8 of them got executed and 10 more will be executed in the next weeks. And you said you would support the government in Iran which I think it was probably because Ahmadinejad has claimed to be aiming to wipe Israel off the world's map which means wiping Israel with all its people many of which are innocent kids who have nothing to do with what happens in Gaza.

You see, there is no difference. You are only the weaker party, not the better one. You are full of hatred and anger, the only thing you are lacking to be as brutal as those Israeli soldiers is power. I'm not specifically talking about you, that's me too and that's everyone else who has been oppressed for a while in time. Just when we think we are on the "good" side, we get the power and we become as wicked as the "bad" side.

Click:

+ , +, +, +, +

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 26)