Is it okay to make fun of religion? (9 Viewers)

Is it OK to make fun of Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Sure it has. Read your OT son. God kills people left and right.
Yeah, just for the sake of it, in fact he sometimes does it just to show his power, wow what a mature supreme being. If i was supreme i would surely care if someone thought i might be not supreme.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Very well, I have an offer for you. An offer you can't refuse. You and I get captured by terrorists. We are being tortured.

You are being beaten up, electrocuted, chairs broken on your back, basically all the stuff you've seen in movies.

I only get verbal abuse. The most insulting, infuriating stuff they can possibly come up with.

I'll bet you a Boeing 747 that I last longer than you. Deal?
You've chosen an example in which both physical and mental abuse comes into play. A more appropriate example, or rather a more "every day" example would be a simple squabble on the school yard or at the club (neither of which I'm beginning to doubt you've been involved in). You get into a fight over something (anything really) you get hit in the face etc etc. and the next day, other than a bruised eye or what not it's not really a big deal.

While if you were in a situation where you were constantly bullied (happens all the time and most likely happened to our Seven here) there are long-term mental and psychological implications of it. What's worse, it leaves no scars or bruises on you so no one really knows you're hurting.

Maybe I'm interested in smoking as a social issue?
Riiiiiight ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, just for the sake of it, in fact he sometimes does it just to show his power, wow what a mature supreme being. If i was supreme i would surely care if someone thought i might be not supreme.
Most of it is God ordering angels and Jews to cap out sinful arabs.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So Religion has hurt people because some unknown God has killed people? So there exists God, who randomly (or not, as he is racist as Aaron implies) just comes out and kills people to show how great he is? Jeez, and you bash me for believing in fairies, while your belief is by far the most insane i've ever heard of. Im off with my mates now, but make it interesting for me to read tommorow, you sure got even more funny sides of your beliefs :D

Jun 13, 2007
Tell that to those who have died in the name of their God and religion.

And don't deny that those people have existed and will continue to plague the Earth. Those people are clearly delusional followers of religion spurred on by their religion.
I have never read the Qur'an so I will defend my own religion. Jesus' teachings preached love and forgiveness; how exactly is that harmful to the human race?

What's the use of religion for you? What would you lose if you weren't LUCKY enough to be born in a let's say Muslim family?
It's not some tool I've been given at birth. It's something I discover as I go along in life.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #193
    You've chosen an example in which both physical and mental abuse comes into play. A more appropriate example, or rather a more "every day" example would be a simple squabble on the school yard or at the club (neither of which I'm beginning to doubt you've been involved in). You get into a fight over something (anything really) you get hit in the face etc etc. and the next day, other than a bruised eye or what not it's not really a big deal.

While if you were in a situation where you were constantly bullied (happens all the time and most likely happened to our Seven here) there are long-term mental and psychological implications of it. What's worse, it leaves no scars or bruises on you so no one really knows you're hurting.
    Except that the forum has very little in common with persecution by bullies. A) The forum is voluntary, you can leave and be out of reach for bullies. B) Every thread is voluntary. C) You suffer no consequences whatsoever by ignoring someone's posts.

I agree your scenario has merit, it just doesn't have anything to do with the situation at hand.

Do I have to start a thread about smoking to prove it to you?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Most of it is God ordering angels and Jews to cap out sinful arabs.
    Its think it doesnt have to do with arabs, just everyone Jews came across. At one point or the other they enslaved or killed someone with which they had contact.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    So Religion has hurt people because some unknown God has killed people? So there exists God, who randomly (or not, as he is racist as Aaron implies) just comes out and kills people to show how great he is? Jeez, and you bash me for believing in fairies, while your belief is by far the most insane i've ever heard of. Im off with my mates now, but make it interesting for me to read tommorow, you sure got even more funny sides of your beliefs :D
    I dont believe in god, and we talked about what is written there, not what we believe.

Jun 13, 2007
    Jesus was too busy contemplating whether or not he was going to change the Earth's acceleration of gravity from 9.8 m/s^2 to 9.1.

No units, by the way. Allah gets confused with the units He created.
    It's funny you mentioned that. I reccomend you go buy a few books on cosmology, they actually state that the slightest change in any of teh constants of the universe will have resulted in the universe collapsing into an enormous ball of fire.

Jun 13, 2007
    Except that the forum has very little in common with persecution by bullies. A) The forum is voluntary, you can leave and be out of reach for bullies. B) Every thread is voluntary. C) You suffer no consequences whatsoever by ignoring someone's posts.

I agree your scenario has merit, it just doesn't have anything to do with the situation at hand.

Do I have to start a thread about smoking to prove it to you?
    There's nothing wrong with throwing insults at religious people, especially if they deserve it. Just don't do it. Hasn't your mama ever taught you any matters?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have never read the Qur'an so I will defend my own religion. Jesus' teachings preached love and forgiveness; how exactly is that harmful to the human race?
    "From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on you baldhead" They said. "Go on up you baldhead." He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord.

Then two bears came charging out of the woods and killed forty-two of the youths."

II Kings 2:23-24

Nice guy, that Elisha. Or should I say, Saint Elesius. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)