Is it okay to make fun of religion? (8 Viewers)

Is it OK to make fun of Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
Dear god save us from such ignorant statements.

Religion has done no harm. All it did was convince a couple of parents that prayer would cure their daughter. Despite various other family members pleading for them to take their daughter to a doctor, they refused and just kept praying. The girl died.

And all of a sudden it's not religion's fault for suggesting that prayer can heal the sick. I mean when did religion ever say such at thing? Oh wait..
Don't be naive Martin. You know very well that you can be a devout Christian and avoid such idiotic behaviour. Religion is not the problem here, it is pure human idiocy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Yes, it's really "funny" how I think free expression is okay while violence is not. I mean what idiot would think that?

It's also really "funny" how many people on the internet get all mad about something that someone has said, they denounce this person for being bad, and then start threatening with violence. Yeah, that's really moral superiority right there.
So you think physical violence is worse than verbal abuse? You can't be serious.

That wasn't even my point though. This is my point, and I'll give you an example. Someone says:

So I was having breaktfast and someone knocked on my door. It was a friend I hadn't seen in 30 years! Oh my God I was totally surprised to see him; I really wasn't expecting him. So we stood outside, had some smokes, and caught up on the past 30 years

and you would come back with:

You smoke?

:shifty:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Religion has never done harm to anyone.

I've mentioned this before; I will say it again once and for all.

Do not condemn religion for religious people's actions. Thats the most idiotic thing anyone can do. It is the same as condemning the entire practice of law for the actions of a few bad lawyers, or the practice of medicine for a few bad doctors.

Think of religion as pure water that is inside a very dirty cup.
:tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I mean, people can make fun of Napoleon FFS. And Napoleon wasn't some random guy. But Muhammad was.
Would you care to elaborate? You believe that Mohammad is a liar. How do you call someone who has faked everything related to him, someone who has deceived tons of people throughout the time a "random guy"? If he's a liar, he must be the biggest swindler of all time and I dare to add that he's probably had an IQ of 200 :D

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #174
    So you think physical violence is worse than verbal abuse? You can't be serious.
    Very well, I have an offer for you. An offer you can't refuse. You and I get captured by terrorists. We are being tortured.

You are being beaten up, electrocuted, chairs broken on your back, basically all the stuff you've seen in movies.

I only get verbal abuse. The most insulting, infuriating stuff they can possibly come up with.

I'll bet you a Boeing 747 that I last longer than you. Deal?

That wasn't even my point though. This is my point, and I'll give you an example. Someone says:

So I was having breaktfast and someone knocked on my door. It was a friend I hadn't seen in 30 years! Oh my God I was totally surprised to see him; I really wasn't expecting him. So we stood outside, had some smokes, and caught up on the past 30 years

and you would come back with:

You smoke?

:shifty:
    Maybe I'm interested in smoking as a social issue?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Humans. It's not reliable? Why should ancient historical texts be any more reliable?
    I don't care about anything you wrote after you answered the questions. I merely wanted you to understand that the human idiocy that abuses religion in your opinion is the same human idiocy that created religion in Martin's opinion.

The discussion of the beginnings of religion is for a different thread and a different time. Though the topic is very interesting.;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Money has pretty much been the primal cause for most of the world suffering, let's just burn it all.
    Tell that to those who have died in the name of their God and religion.

And don't deny that those people have existed and will continue to plague the Earth. Those people are clearly delusional followers of religion spurred on by their religion.

Having company at your place eh? :D
    Seven and I are drinking beers and beheading infidels in our basement tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)