Is it okay to make fun of religion? (24 Viewers)

Is it OK to make fun of Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In my opinion if you are a normal human.. then you respect other peoples religion.. you can have your opinion but it's not good to make fun or say bad things about what is their religion.

I can't see why a guy like Seven.. gets away whit this rasicm here on Juventuz.com.. he really seem to be against Muslims..

If he was the leader in the world then I believe that all muslims would be dead.
Sick that it's acceptable on this site.. Second thing he always writes things to offend other members like Allah dosen't exist.. I am sure that is only to provoce other members. I say honest here that I think that guy is really low.. And im asking myself would he do it if I or someone else meet him ( not on internet as a coward).. If would beat him up without no doubt.. That kid seems to have no respect at al..
Yes, but you're stupid. No one really cares about what you think.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
But people get offended by any number of things. So it's obvious that your motive is not to prevent people getting offended, because then you would say "please don't make fun of people ever". But that's not what you're saying. You're saying "I like making fun of people, but please don't make fun of certain things I hold dear".

bes, please. I'm trying to have a conversation here and so often people jump on someone who thinks different and drive him away, preventing that conversation.
I think you will find that peoples' religious beliefs easily trump the other things, except insulting their family/loved ones...so if one can't respect the thing that is most important to them, you'll have problems

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #143
    In my opinion if you are a normal human.. then you respect other peoples religion.. you can have your opinion but it's not good to make fun or say bad things about what is their religion.

I can't see why a guy like Seven.. gets away whit this rasicm here on Juventuz.com.. he really seem to be against Muslims..

If he was the leader in the world then I believe that all muslims would be dead.
    Sick that it's acceptable on this site.. Second thing he always writes things to offend other members like Allah dosen't exist.. I am sure that is only to provoce other members. I say honest here that I think that guy is really low.. And im asking myself would he do it if I or someone else meet him ( not on internet as a coward).. If would beat him up without no doubt.. That kid seems to have no respect at al..
    If you beat him up you are worse than he is. Congratulations.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    How? How am I a hypocrite? You keep making stuff up. This is no fair way to debate. You can't do that. You wanted to use the law as an example. That's fine. But you have to know what's in it. You have to know what it says. I don't have to know Muhammad, because I'm not criticising Muhammad, I'm criticising you. You can tell that you're not a lawyer :lol:.

My deepest religious belief is that one can make fun of Muhammad. It really is. And I feel insulted when someone says I can't. So how does that enter into this fictional world of yours? You couldn't have anything against that idea, because you say everyone has to respect such basic beliefs. You have to respect this belief, because otherwise you'll insult me. Only problem is that this belief says you can make fun of everything. Mind you, this is not mere semantics, this is the actual conflict.
    But you do criticize Prophet Muhammad. Seriously you suffer from dementia :lol2:

You're a complete tool.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I think you will find that peoples' religious beliefs easily trump the other things, except insulting their family/loved ones...so if one can't respect the thing that is most important to them, you'll have problems
    But it's utterly subjective.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #147
    But that is exactly why they should be fair to criticize, don't you get it? Because they have such massive consequences to people's lives, they live their lives by these rules.

Take Jews. Jews believe that you can't work on the Sabbath. Now, work is not just paid work, it's sort of anything and everything. For example, driving a car is work. Riding an elevator is work. So if you're Jewish you can't ride an elevator on a Saturday. But you know what? If you have someone with you, a Christian for example, he can push the buttons for you and you can ride an elevator.

Now for the love of god tell me that this makes any kind of sense to you. And this is what you say cannot be criticized or made fun of? This is precisely what most needs to be made fun of. Why? So that you make people think about what the hell they're actually doing!

Think about it. Our civilization is based on the principle that ideas are tested. They are criticized, ridiculed from all angles. This is absolutely necessary to weed out all bad and harmful ideas. What we have left is good ideas.

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    What if their whole belief system is based on a lie that's harmful to both them and others? And just because it's "religion" you can't criticize it? Now that is what is senseless.
    Ofcourse some religions are based on lies.. There are so many religions out there.. Ofcourse we can't believe in all religions.

But I think you should respect other believes.. why should I making fun of a Jew or a buddist because I don't believe in the same thing he does..

I respect him and im not saying things to offend him..

Ofcourse you can have debate with him.. but on a good way.

Not like Seven.. he is just filled with hate... I have a bad feeling a muslim have done something bad to him.

In a kind of way I feel sorry for the guy.. can't be easy to have so much hate inside.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Funny how you always choose a certain angle.

No, I don't. I have no idea who Muhammad is. I always say what he might have been.
    When you're not sure about something you say something like "I believe", "I think", or "is it true...", etc.

I know you've made definitive comments regarding Islam and Prophet Muhammad. You're not fooling anyone.

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    So Zidane is worse then Materazzi? ;)..

Yeah you are right man.. but as I see it.. he would have crossed the line if he was making fun of my family or religion..

This is things you should respect. Can't understand why he doesen't understand this simpel things.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    What if their whole belief system is based on a lie that's harmful to both them and others? And just because it's "religion" you can't criticize it? Now that is what is senseless.
    Errrr, pardon me for intruding here, but this is partly why I get into these meta conversations. Martin, you have at least scored enough intelligence credentials with me where I believe you're pretty aware of the obvious.

One of those obvious things being that all human metaphysical beliefs, whether in a specific organized religion or its complete absence, fundamentally presumes that the other person with different beliefs is an idiot, is causing harm to himself, and doesn't know the truth. This has been true throughout humanity eternal.

This is why I feel like these threads are just bait because you're essentially too intelligent for this to be anything but a rhetorical question.

Jun 13, 2007
    Religion has never done harm to anyone.

I've mentioned this before; I will say it again once and for all.

Do not condemn religion for religious people's actions. Thats the most idiotic thing anyone can do. It is the same as condemning the entire practice of law for the actions of a few bad lawyers, or the practice of medicine for a few bad doctors.

Think of religion as pure water that is inside a very dirty cup.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #153
    Funny how you always choose a certain angle.
    Yes, it's really "funny" how I think free expression is okay while violence is not. I mean what idiot would think that?

It's also really "funny" how many people on the internet get all mad about something that someone has said, they denounce this person for being bad, and then start threatening with violence. Yeah, that's really moral superiority right there.

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    Yes, but you're stupid. No one really cares about what you think.
    hehe you are so stupid that you doesen't even have a little bit respect in you..

And believe me I know you are a coward.. you can say this rastic things about muslims here on internet.. I Would like to see you say it to somebodys face.

Second thing.. I feel sorry for you that you dosen't understand this simpel things.

You are not lo stilo Juve man.. I can't name one Juventus player who would accept or like your rastic thoughts..

Maby Lazio should be your team.. You Di Canio would come along just fine :)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #157
    Religion has never done harm to anyone.

I've mentioned this before; I will say it again once and for all.

Do not condemn religion for religious people's actions. Thats the most idiotic thing anyone can do. It is the same as condemning the entire practice of law for the actions of a few bad lawyers, or the practice of medicine for a few bad doctors.

Think of religion as pure water that is inside a very dirty cup.
    Dear god save us from such ignorant statements.

Religion has done no harm. All it did was convince a couple of parents that prayer would cure their daughter. Despite various other family members pleading for them to take their daughter to a doctor, they refused and just kept praying. The girl died.

And all of a sudden it's not religion's fault for suggesting that prayer can heal the sick. I mean when did religion ever say such at thing? Oh wait..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    no, because religion is a choice and being born black or jewish is not. two completely different things
    You can make fun of everything you like, even if this is a black guy you're making fun of. What's the problem with this? One could make fun of a redhead and no one would reprimand him even though the redheads are being born redheads and it's not their choices. I believe you can make fun of everything, either it's something you think is ugly, stupid or ridiculous. You can make fun of Muslims, Jews, Blacks, Asians, girls, redheads, olds, Inter or Galliani.

Thing is that all who were mentioned above MUST have equal social rights no matter what their religion, race and color are.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #159
    Errrr, pardon me for intruding here, but this is partly why I get into these meta conversations. Martin, you have at least scored enough intelligence credentials with me where I believe you're pretty aware of the obvious.

One of those obvious things being that all human metaphysical beliefs, whether in a specific organized religion or its complete absence, fundamentally presumes that the other person with different beliefs is an idiot, is causing harm to himself, and doesn't know the truth. This has been true throughout humanity eternal.

This is why I feel like these threads are just bait because you're essentially too intelligent for this to be anything but a rhetorical question.
    They are bait in a very real sense, which is that I want to bait people like Ahmed to come out and talk to us about why they believe what they believe. It's obvious what I think, that's a no brainer. But I still want to hear from people who think different.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #160
    I still think Materazzi is one evil fucker.. And that Zidane is the good guy.

But Zidane did wrong to lost it.. But I understand him.. it's not easy to get provoced.
    Zidane broke the rules. Materazzi did nothing at all that is against the rules.

Who is the bad guy? Zidane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)