Is Deschamps that good for Juve?? (2 Viewers)

is didier a champ or a chump?

• Deschamps

• Deschump

• Bring back Lippi

• Bring back capello

Results are only viewable after voting.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Well, I watch Juve games and I can tell you I am very disappointed, Juventus was never this weak, and they have been better than their opponents very rarely in last 2-3 months.

I don´t want to sack DD cause it is not the time to do so, but he really needs to change something, whether the players or the tactics FFS.

Don´t get me wrong, I blame the players too, they are behaving like Real Madrid players, overpaid spoiled stars.
That's just it, Juventus never was this weak. There are a lot of possible reasons as to why we are underachieving lately, I don't think DD is the sole reason for it. And sacking him now would do us only more damage than it would good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Erik said:
Ah but that's easily explained.

People reason:

Serie A = more money = better
Serie B = less money = worse

Juve = Serie A material > they should own Serie B.

What they fail to include in this reasoning is that playing styles are adapted to the income of the club since the type of player affordable is directly influenced by finances. Meaning:

Serie A = more money = technically skilled footballers
Serie B = less money = neanderthals

Suddenly the Porsche 911 that is Juventus finds itself trying to win the Dakar Rally.

Tires are bound to be blown.
Damn, what a great post. :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if that article is true than this management is going to steer us straight to hell. Yes the coach made some mistakes but come on an ultimatum is just way to excessive.

Considering the circumstances,and even the squad we have isn't that great.The man is doing a good job.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I had to delete it, I suddenly remembered what the type of post can lead to. I got slaughtered a few years ago, not worth the hassle :D
:lol:

I still have it, long live Opera browser. Should I edit my post to include the quote? :devil:

Edit: this way it seems I praised myself for a good post. :D

boekhorst

May 29, 2006
i think DD is a young and talented manager, he proved his talent when he became the monaco's manager, he proved with became champions league finalist

i think he need more time, and for the players, they shouldn't feel like they already get promote to serie A

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Vlatko did you see what players such as Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon did at the World Cup? How brilliant and purely world class they were? Add to this that our squad has players like Cristiano Zanetti, Mauro Camoranesi, Robert Kovac, David Trezeguet, Marco Marchionni and Valeri Bojinov - and even Giorgio Chiellini, Frederico Balzaretti and Jean Alain Boumsong can be added to the list of quality players compared to the Serie-B level. Seriously, we should be owning all the time. We should at least be playing well.

But what have we seen so far?
1) 80% of the performances have been below par.
2) Didi doesn't know how to use Marchionni.
3) Didi considers Legrotagglie good enough to come in for a tired Chiellini (insane).
4) Camoranesi is getting fatter.
5) Trezeguet is halfway asleep during games.
6) I could actually go on for quite some time but I have a headache.
abt the first part of ur response, i just want you to check how many players played the WC with injuries. Some of them were serious ones. You can't compare the euphoria of playing in the WC to playing in serie B.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
That's just it, Juventus never was this weak. There are a lot of possible reasons as to why we are underachieving lately, I don't think DD is the sole reason for it. And sacking him now would do us only more damage than it would good.
We are not underachieving, my friend, we are not lucky anymore. Latest performances have not been worse than the ones before, we ran out of luck.

The worst problem is defense since the beggining of the season they look like headless chickens, I cannot believe my eyes when I see them, it´s like I see amateurs playing on the school playground.

The only good player in our defense who is reliable is Chiellini. Zebina was quite good too. FFS just leave Kovač, Birindelli and Legrottaglie out of Juventus.

I hope DD gets a good chat with Juventus boys today, it may be decisive for the rest of season.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
There is no change of opinon, read my follow up on Erik. My opinion is the same; Serie B is a hard leauge and Juventus is not that much above and beyond the rest of the teams, we have some bigger individual quality and that's it. Having in mind our dressing room doesn't have the usual piece of mind it once had I think DD is doing a pretty good job holding it all together and us on the top of the table.
We are top because other teams are inconsistent more than us...
but as others said players also to be blamed for this as well !

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Vlatko did you see what players such as Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon did at the World Cup? How brilliant and purely world class they were? Add to this that our squad has players like Cristiano Zanetti, Mauro Camoranesi, Robert Kovac, David Trezeguet, Marco Marchionni and Valeri Bojinov - and even Giorgio Chiellini, Frederico Balzaretti and Jean Alain Boumsong can be added to the list of quality players compared to the Serie-B level. Seriously, we should be owning all the time. We should at least be playing well.

But what have we seen so far?
1) 80% of the performances have been below par.
2) Didi doesn't know how to use Marchionni.
3) Didi considers Legrotagglie good enough to come in for a tired Chiellini (insane).
4) Camoranesi is getting fatter.
5) Trezeguet is halfway asleep during games.
6) I could actually go on for quite some time but I have a headache.

agreed this shows that he is not experienced enough

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
abt the first part of ur response, i just want you to check how many players played the WC with injuries. Some of them were serious ones. You can't compare the euphoria of playing in the WC to playing in serie B.
Yeah that's true and it was wrong of me to mention Del, Neddy and Buffon in the first place because they're doing great. But as a team we're not playing very well. I'm not buying this whole "Serie-B is a tough league" crap either because most of the teams we've faced have made so many mistakes themselves during games that it's laughable. I also know this very well because I get to see almost every game.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

We are not underachieving, my friend, we are not lucky anymore. Latest performances have not been worse than the ones before, we ran out of luck.

The worst problem is defense since the beggining of the season they look like headless chickens, I cannot believe my eyes when I see them, it´s like I see amateurs playing on the school playground.

The only good player in our defense who is reliable is Chiellini. Zebina was quite good too. FFS just leave Kovač, Birindelli and Legrottaglie out of Juventus.

I hope DD gets a good chat with Juventus boys today, it may be decisive for the rest of season.
Our defense is horrible and that's the biggest reason IMO, but what can we do? The board tried getting Grygera sooner but the asking price of Ajax was indeed a little steep. This defense will cost us a lot of nerves but we'll still manage to get promoted IMO, which is what we were set out to do.

DD is not the reason, Lippi couldn't make defenders out of Piccolo, Boumsong, Legrotaglie, Zebina....All the goals that we conceded were infact our defense's mistake, judging from the highlights. Looking at the players we have there, it's not a surprise.

Defense instead of being our strong point is a liability this season.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
ok we have bad defenders in general but in a game where a defender (chillini) who was doing ok although he is not fit to replace him with legro this tell you what type of coach we have
second like Jem83 said in all the games even the games that we won performances have been below par
third we are the Serie A leaders , till now we played more than 20 games in Serie B so the idea of we are not suited for this league has gone now

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
If we keep playing on like this, we will be relegation battlers next season. Our current formation needs a change for now and for next season we will need hell a lot of new players, a total rebuilt.

And when it comes to my mind that people were excited to see the young players playing in Serie A... :disagree:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Our defense is horrible and that's the biggest reason IMO, but what can we do? The board tried getting Grygera sooner but the asking price of Ajax was indeed a little steep. This defense will cost us a lot of nerves but we'll still manage to get promoted IMO, which is what we were set out to do.

DD is not the reason, Lippi couldn't make defenders out of Piccolo, Boumsong, Legrotaglie, Zebina....All the goals that we conceded were infact our defense's mistake, judging from the highlights. Looking at the players we have there, it's not a surprise.

Defense instead of being our strong point is a liability this season.
We bought Cristico and paid a lot of money 4 that ! and then we kept him with genoa till June !!! :tdown:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ok we have bad defenders in general but in a game where a defender (chillini) who was doing ok although he is not fit to replace him with legro this tell you what type of coach we have
second like Jem83 said in all the games even the games that we won performances have been below par
third we are the Serie A leaders , till now we played more than 20 games in Serie B so the idea of we are not suited for this league has gone now
hmm..wasn't Cheillini subbed because he was injured for a while and his fitness was sub-par, it's natural he got tired more quickly.

i already had this same discussion so to sum it up; Our players don't want to be here and all of them are underperforming, apart from Nedved IMO. It takes more than just 20 games played to make players like DP, Buffon, Trez, Camo get adapted to the leauge. They all have motivational problems and won't stop having them till we're in Serie A.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
hmm..wasn't Cheillini subbed because he was injured for a while and his fitness was sub-par, it's natural he got tired more quickly.

i already had this same discussion so to sum it up; Our players don't want to be here and all of them are underperforming, apart from Nedved IMO. It takes more than just 20 games played to make players like DP, Buffon, Trez, Camo get adapted to the leauge. They all have motivational problems and won't stop having them till we're in Serie A.
You got nothing on Buffon this season, though

10/10

And he's gonna stay as well

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah that's true and it was wrong of me to mention Del, Neddy and Buffon in the first place because they're doing great. But as a team we're not playing very well. I'm not buying this whole "Serie-B is a tough league" crap either because most of the teams we've faced have made so many mistakes themselves during games that it's laughable. I also know this very well because I get to see almost every game.
i saw alot of games this seaso as well and i think there is always patches of good play between the players and sometimes great linkup between the whole team from the fullbacks to the forwards.

but there were more patches of lack of concentration from the whole team and you could see chances missed upfront and silly mistakes made in the back, thankfully we have gigi.

on the 2nd point is where DD could do something tactically speaking and not mentally. Thats my biggest problem with him, his tactical choices and he couldn't have a full selection for a while.But tbh when he had a full selection, we walked over most teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)