Is Deschamps that good for Juve?? (3 Viewers)

is didier a champ or a chump?

• Deschamps

• Deschump

• Bring back Lippi

• Bring back capello

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
man we have to be happy to have on board otherwise who whold take juve now where they are....lippii said hw dont wanna manage italian club more, crapello went to real dritt and we must be happy to not have that fat as**** coach...whats his name??? i cant remmember.....FORZA DD & JUVE

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i cant believe that 2 people want capello back!!

there seems to be a clear split in opinions on didi but we cant keep running back to lippi.

i imagine in 50 years we will ahve people asking to ressurect lippi and put him on the bench every weekend, with delpie as his assistant

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
One of the more sensical opinions in this thread, I must say. With our record thus far in the midst of all this turmoil and injury, you simply cannot throw away a manager this early into his career with the club after leading us to the top of the league starting off with such a deficit. Give the man a friggin chance before pulling the plug.
This is not the way to run a club, tradition and moral values have a place in football,
but there also are some limitations, we cannot let our emotions to run the club:disagree: totally, if a player, or a coach, isnt good enough for our "goals" we cannot jeopardize our future just to be good/fair and loyal towards him,
why not keep Zebina,Legro,Olivera,Kapo/Tudor,Gianni,Zala forever,
they always loved our club, they were loyal enough to follow us in serie b
and some of them lead us in the first place:D

DD,Legro,Tudor,Zebina,Gianni,Zala and Biri are what they are,
they know it and we know it, we cannot hang over the team to them and hope their love for the club will push as forward,some times loyalty means everything and some times its not enough to guarantee a starting place, the club quited on champs, there is no point holding on chumps...

I think we all agree that it is for the best not to keep "lesser" material just for the shake of it, esp in such a difficult times,
we need to make a leap forwards next year,
beeing champion in serie b, doesnt mean that we will be competitive in serie A,
if we do not pay attention to our development we will lose the high competition wagon, DD is a good grunt to keep while beeing in the train's tail,
he wont hurt the team with any grave mistakes, but neither find any solutions against a real crisis either, he is still young and he can learn,
but he is not a fast learner,
IMO its because we are not Milan and Inter,
the reason we shouldnt keep a coach like Carlo,Mancini or DD, (Snoop),
we dont have Berlusca neither Morrati,we cant expect are owners to by the best material by far in the market, we have to win on the field
using superior players and tactics, we cannot afford pieces in our team that will hold us back esp when we have to make the big jump.

Is DD holding us back?
thats still debate-able, i ve always loved and admired DD as a player,
he was a bright player, he had the "feel" of the game, he seemed to be a player that would develop into such a great coach, when i ve heard he started a coaching carrier i was excited(much more than i m now we Conte),
i hoped that we are going to have him coach Juve one day,
it really makes sense,(he helped the club, the club helped him back and etc etc),
one day when he will be ready, offer him the chance to become one of the best coaches in Europe and prove that with results, were all Europe can see that!
becoming: the Juventus coach!!! we are a team used on the highest tactic standards on earth,
(thats why i am a Juve fan BTW)
Now the way DD ended up in our club wasnt the normal procedure,
we were in a weakened place, we had no helm,
noone who could help us and make any kind of right decisions or future projects,
we survived from total destruction and to do that, we used material lesser than our high standards, anything we could find, just to survive...
DD isnt the man to blame for our situation, i dont blame him for the players we have, maybe he hadnt the chance to sign any new players this transfer window either, maybe it wasnt his decision to keep/bring back the crippled Tudor,Legro and Zebi (i said it from the summer we should exchange ALL 3 of them for a healthy decent player, DD should know better, if it was his decision to keep them then he IS responsible for our current injury problems)
What did we expected from DD?
to win the league using by far the best team in the league with half a point difference from the rest? (a difference made from the quality and the determination of our world champions alone),
to got owned in every single derby we played this year, with lesser or greater adversaries and lose our only hope from Europe competitions against one of our main rivals this year?
to repeat this mistake at any given chance?
Or to get rid of the Crap's same old same tactics, drop the second DM and the flat 4-4-2,
experience with a new one at the very least when we got the chance,
get rid of Crap's winter crisis decease,
use the new players talent, create a team for the future and be a little less stubborn than Crap himself,
harvesh the talent of Marchionni,Balza,Palla and Bojinov,
make them a part of our future, use them in a less competitive championship,
were they could cope or even shine, they wont have this chance ever again...
have an eye for new, young talents we could sign to built the future Juve,
talents that whould develop in world class players and bring us, eventually, titles,
talents from Italy and France mostly,
well Boumsong is not one of them !
and if the Boom boom represents, DD's coaching skills then we are doomed and destined to be an average calcio team for the next 4-6 years...
DD is French, he played in serie A but that was some loong time ago,
plus that he never coached serie A or B before, he doesnt know how things work here and his limited coaching carrier wont help him to go past that,
so we brought him now, under the best circumstances for a coach,
he had the chance to command one of the most historic FC in the world,
with by far the best material and resources in the league,
the point deduction allowed no mistakes, so he sacrificed the younger players development and new tactics experimentation for securing the results and here we are...
and are you ppl convinced???
This is the best DD can do, he cant do no more, these are his very outstretched limits,
he cannot give the extra determination in the team when needed,
he doesnt have a back up plan (just like Crap) not even a main decent tactic plan,he doesnt learn from his mistakes,he rarely has the bright inspirations he had as a player,
were is his coaching signature, what is the difference from last years Juve?
despite the fact that we are conceeding much more easily.
I m not that impressed when a coach leeds the league using the best team material wise,IMO he just did his duty and there a whole load a decent coaches out there able to do their duty, i cant see our great advantage in the face to face situations not in the overall rank
and i can see teams with lesser material outperforming us,
a good coach is someone who has bigger results with lesser material
or nearly perfect results with the best material, this is how a man can do the difference and prove that,
DD proved nothing to me so far, he just did his duty, just like Boumsong
if this enough for you ppl, then its ok but i dont see how can anyone be excited out of his coaching...

but i see the team, the coach and even our fans have embraced a serie B mentality...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
i cant believe that 2 people want capello back!!

there seems to be a clear split in opinions on didi but we cant keep running back to lippi.

i imagine in 50 years we will ahve people asking to ressurect lippi and put him on the bench every weekend, with delpie as his assistant
:D Some people like to see him on the bench again, and they don't have VCR...

Sep 1, 2002
Well, I watch Juve games and I can tell you I am very disappointed, Juventus was never this weak, and they have been better than their opponents very rarely in last 2-3 months.

I don´t want to sack DD cause it is not the time to do so, but he really needs to change something, whether the players or the tactics FFS.

Don´t get me wrong, I blame the players too, they are behaving like Real Madrid players, overpaid spoiled stars.
There are certain mitigating factors for Juventus been "Weak". Not sure if you are aware of them.

By the way that was sarcasm: the lowest form of wit, yet still effective.

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
What's really interesting to imagine is what the world would probably have been, and would be like today if Deschamps wasn't Juve coach:

1. No Boumsong :cry:
2. Zalayeta out, bojinov in :agree:
3. No global warming
4. comprehensible formation, understandable football, intelligible style :)
5. One less manager, who is not manager

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
There are certain mitigating factors for Juventus been "Weak". Not sure if you are aware of them.

By the way that was sarcasm: the lowest form of wit, yet still effective.
I have more interesting stuff to deal with than dealing with your "sarcasm"...

Feb 7, 2007
remember my words ... this time next year with dd we will be at top of serie a ... and we will be the champions ... be patient one more year guys and be sure that our old lady witll be on the top of the league

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What about Ferrara as our next coach? And I'm not saying "this season"..

Who knows, maybe his impact on the World Cup victory was tremendous?

He's doing really well with the Primavera, that's for sure. They're full of confidence.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

He's doing really well with the Primavera, that's for sure. They're full of confidence.
I'm pretty sure he'll get his chance sooner or later. I'm all for it.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

You mean Chiarenza??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)