Is Alex back to his best ?here is what i think (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well am a hugee fan of our captain , i think he is one of the best players in the world.Although he hasn't shown anything of his capabilities since a long time ago, am not sayin that i want to see him the same as b4 his big injury. Thats just out of the question, we as juve fans shouldn't even think about that becuz we know our captain and he didnt get any younger since that injury and all the other injuries he had.

Well last year he started the season in a fantastic fashion, he scored in the first two games then at the third or fourth i cant remember he limped of the field. I can say b4 that injury he was very good, he had pace and he fought for the ball, he just tried too much to please the media.

Now i think he is more relaxed , he thinks less of what the media and the unfaithful fans think. I guess he just said **** them . And thats the right thing to do.
We all saw him and he played a pretty good match , but he is still trying to do better and no pressure is on him for us or the coach.

So thats why i think give our captain just a little more time and he will produce the goods.

forzaaa ilcapetaaan
forzaaa alexx

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
I'm really surprised by the media saying he's on-form after yesterday's game. Apart from the goals, he was invisible for most of the match and missed a sitter. Here's to hoping these goals give him a boost in the right direction though.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He's had a lot of "good" games but bad seasons. For the past 2 or 3 years he's scored 2 goals on the first matchday, yet underperformed in the rest of the season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
I'm really surprised by the media saying he's on-form after yesterday's game. Apart from the goals, he was invisible for most of the match and missed a sitter. Here's to hoping these goals give him a boost in the right direction though.
You think so? Yesterday I saw a very good Del Piero. The control and technique he showed was excellent and he made some very precise passes, most notably the ball to Zebina which resulted in his second goal, one that saw Zlatan run to the left corner flag, and a cross right on Zlatan's chest. He missed an easy chance but also set up Camoranesi's goal and had a nice run in the first half that made a Siena player look like a fool.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
He's had a lot of "good" games but bad seasons. For the past 2 or 3 years he's scored 2 goals on the first matchday, yet underperformed in the rest of the season.
He was shite last season but scored 32 Serie A goals in the 01-02 and 02-03 seasons when we won back to back Scudetti.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but half of them were from penalties, so thats around 16 goals from open play in two seasons, or 8 per season.

Aug 26, 2003
why is that always no negative when he scores on penalty? IMO we can be glad to have such an great penalty scorer like Del Piero, he nearly scores each of them, and i am happy that he is the player that takes on responsibility!!!

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You think so? Yesterday I saw a very good Del Piero. The control and technique he showed was excellent and he made some very precise passes, most notably the ball to Zebina which resulted in his second goal, one that saw Zlatan run to the left corner flag, and a cross right on Zlatan's chest. He missed an easy chance but also set up Camoranesi's goal and had a nice run in the first half that made a Siena player look like a fool.
When you can count the plays that he did well in, then he's definitely not back to his best.......not even close.

Jan 7, 2004

When you can count the plays that he did well in, then he's definitely not back to his best.......not even close.

face it guys. will DP ever be back "at his best" ? of course ...NOT. lets be happy with whatever we brings us.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Come on, whenever Baggio did something good last season, people weren't saying he would never be back to his best again. We KNOW Del Piero will never be back to his best. So what? Even if he's only half as good as he once was, he's still useful.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, but half of them were from penalties, so thats around 16 goals from open play in two seasons, or 8 per season.
10 of them were from penalties, but so what? He wins alot of penalties and someone has to score them anyways. Alot of the world's great goalscorers take penalties. Van Nistelrooy, Adriano, Makaay, Baggio, Totti, Shearer.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Del Piero had a good game against Siena, but he isn't at his best yet.

Remember that he just got back from injury, and is not 100% fit yet and what he did against Siena was all he could do atm.

But expect great DP if he gets 100% fit, maybe not DP from the 96', but still a great one. ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Our Captain is far from his "Best", which I think he can never achieve again.
He'll never be back to his 1998 best but if he can consistently do what he did yesterday against Siena I'd be delighted. Another season like the 02-03 one would make me a very happy Juventino.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
what about the assist and other things he did?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Very smart !

Henry , Ruud , Raul , Totti Scored alot from Penalty kicks and many other world class players. whats wrong with the penalty? you should be proud that you got one of the best penalty takers in the world , instead of just sitting and critisizin Dp.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Del Piero had a good game against Siena, but he isn't at his best yet.

Remember that he just got back from injury, and is not 100% fit yet and what he did against Siena was all he could do atm.

But expect great DP if he gets 100% fit, maybe not DP from the 96', but still a great one. ;)
why not the 96 , nothing is impossible:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)