Is Alex back to his best ?here is what i think (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
~~~!* bEcAuSE dEL pIErO iS JuVE aNd JuVE iS dEL pIErO ~*~!!~!~~~

iF YoU dOn'T lOVe aLe yOu'RE nOt tRue JuvE fAN

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I never said he cant miss a penalty, but great players have to and are expected to score when it matters the most.

Dont have to try very hard, do I?
Conclusion: Roberto Baggio never was a great player since he missed against Brazil.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Well, why are so many people saying it like that? I'm not saying the majority is always right, but in most cases they are. And who am I to look down to them?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Conclusion: Roberto Baggio never was a great player since he missed against Brazil.
OK, let me rephrase that: great penalty takers are expected to score when it matters. Del Piero and baggio were both great players, but not great penalty takers. Good maybe, but not ggreat.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's perhaps true, because they do both tend to choke. But still, Del Piero did score in the Champions League final and has taken matchwinning penalties, like the one against Milan in 2002. He didn't miss against Inter either.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
the question is why spend his salary of a "great" player on just a "good" one ?
So do Beckham and Vieri and many others. You think Juve's economical sitiuation will be in trouble if they keep on paying Dp's that much!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Well, why are so many people saying it like that? I'm not saying the majority is always right, but in most cases they are. And who am I to look down to them?
It's not about "who am I to look down to them". In football, no player should be bigger than the team, especially at a club like Juve where the egos are kept in check and each player understands that he's just one part of a whole.

Everyone can have their opinion about whether Del Piero is good or crap or coming back or washed up, but it makes me mad when people claim that Juventus can't go on without Del Piero. Juve has been winning before Del Piero was here, and we'll continue to win long after he's gone

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I would really hope Juve do sell Del Piero before he retires. I just want to see how the people would react.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm just curious to see how many Juve fans would jump ship once the likes of Buffon, Nedved and Del Piero leave

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I'm just curious to see how many Juve fans would jump ship once the likes of Buffon, Nedved and Del Piero leave
Unlike me. I mean, every single Lazio player jumped ship, but I still love them.

Of course Inter too though. I need a competitive team :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well then they wouldn't be called juve fans now would they;)

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60

Thats where i have to disagree , DelPiero is juvee but juvee is NOT Del Piero.Juvee is much bigger than DelPiero, U should know that.

But if ur a true juve faan u must love Alex, if u dont than ur just a fake.Although u must accept the sad truth that one day he is gonna leave.:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)