Iraq. Is it better now?? (AKA ISIS/ISIL/IS/name-of-the-week-here) (6 Viewers)

Is Iraq better now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So, I suffer from a disease just because I do not agree with you on whatever you want. Good approach of discussion really...
We are all guilty of biases. The difference here is I have no motivation in holding a bias. Whether Obama, the Drone President, supports Assad, ISIS, or the al-Nusra Front doesn't have my "skin in the game". So to hear someone so convinced that he's in love with Assad is just laughable from my perspective.

It's like someone telling me that the sky is pink and elephants fly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You're clearly suffering from, in cognitive science terms, what are each called a confirmation bias and a negativity bias.

I'm one of the first people to cynically call out the actions of my own government here, including calling out George Bush before he invaded Iraq for fabricating bogus intelligence data as a pretext for a bunch of military hawks.

But the case here isn't even about what's right or wrong morally -- it's about factual accuracy. You would be just as credible to me as if you stated that the U.S. government supports ISIS or the al-Nusra Front. Because the details don't matter -- clearly you feel the need to believe the truth must fit in a certain way to support your own belief system and you defensively resist any change to that. Even when there's overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise.
:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Russia 'is building military base in Syria' - American intelligence
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11508956

Are we still playing this joke of a ruse that the U.S. government are blindly supporting Assad's regime?
No, it's even worse than that. From what I can tell, it's quite clear that the Obama crew are trying to destabilize Syria by not supporting Assad. If the Russians are backing him, then I can guarantee you that the US is not backing him, which falls in line with how Obama wanted to bomb Assad back in 2013 before the entire US Air Force said we don't want to be Al Qaeda's air force.

Now here we are again, ISIS isn't getting any weaker and Obama doesn't want to do anything drastic against them, or support Assad. We already know these freaks supported the rebels in Libya and Syria that eventually became ISIS, and even McCain met with leaders from these same types of groups. If I didn't know any better, I would say that elements over here are secretly supporting ISIS for one reason or another -- especially now that Russia is so heavily involved with backing Assad against the US!

We have such a sick and fucked up group in Washington.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Does Rebel seriously think Obama loves Assad? :lol:

If he did, all these fucking problems would be over with. I say give Assad all of Israel's shit for a year and then cut them all off. We'll be in good shape and ISIS will be fucked.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yup.

Sure, we know the US is guilty of countless atrocities over the decades. But it's gotten to be such a convenient narrative and boogieman for anything that seems wrong in the world that there are anti-Assad types in Syria who are honestly accusing the US of supporting the Assad regime. :lol:

This is basically the Syrian equivalent of:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol:

Rebel would only be happy with us if we nuked ourselves to oblivion. That way, he could say we made the right decision while also saying, hey, you killed people, look at how bad you are.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You would wonder if the US were informed that the Iraqis knew Baghdadi's location and if so why they didn't take part of the raid using better and more accurate missiles to be sure of getting him.

alexjuve10

Oct 30, 2013
I heard something about Blair claiming they went to Iraq because apparently Iraq was using chemical weapons against Iran.:lol::lol::lol: This is F'ing hilarious! They wanted to stop the guy from using chemicals but they forgot to act on time, however they did actually try to stop him sometime around 20 years later!:lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A lot of people think Nassim Nicholas Taleb is a bit of an arrogant %$@#. I like the guy. He challenges assumptions, even that's what becomes his stereotypical response or statements. (Hey, the guy even thinks TED talks are just getting scientists to dance like monkeys infront of wannabe elites. :tup:)

Yesterday he published a chapter from one of his books on Medium... it's a great read and gets into the politics of intolerance, Daesh, and the West among other things:

The Most Intolerant Wins: The Dictatorship of the Small Minority
https://medium.com/@nntaled/the-mos...of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15#.whcxzb8dw

If nothing else, it's at least thought-provoking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)