iPhone (3 Viewers)

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
NFC, wireless charging, Widgets, a wider screen, a microSD slot, more social integration.
widgets are the only thing i agree with in that list. (I dont know much about NFC so cant comment)

Wireless charging would overwhelm you? Seriously? You still have to have something plugged into the wall you know. And how could you use it when its charging?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Beautiful phone :tup: (Design wise, didn't really use one to know how it works.)

Of all the phones that has come out in the past week, I'd say the most impressive (of the lot) has been the new Nokia Lumia lineup (except the glossiness). I like the Windows UI. I'd have bought one if not for the severe distrust I've in Windows as a platform. There's not a day that goes by without me wanting to punch through the screen of my laptop.
Same here with regards to Windows. I don't think I'd be willing to let go off Android any time soon.

My friend had one and has to send it back twice with wifi issues.
Probably it's just that particular phone. My friends who own it never said anything about any wifi problems.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
NFC, wireless charging, Widgets, a wider screen, a microSD slot, more social integration.
- Just because the phone has NFC doesn't mean there are a bountiful number of vendors who are ready or even considering to employ it.

- Widgets are something that people have somehow made to be greater than they actually are. Unless you are implying that everyone uses widgets and one cannot justify getting a phone if widgets are not available. Its like the concept of AWD drive in a car. Most people have no need nor the terrain to use it. But for some reason people are inclined to purchase AWD models.

- Apple is known for creating high-quality ergo products. Have you used the S3? It's massive, too big to keep in your pocket and too large for the average persons hand.

- At the end of the day, Apple is a business and they recognize that they have built a brand loyalty to make certain decisions to support their own business. They can get away with not offering expandable storage so that people will splurge on getting a 16 or 32 or 64 gig phone.

- Social integration is another non-sensical item because there are so many 3rd party apps that support social media. Thus you cannot expect an OS to be able to run in-line with even the most obscure app that supports twitter accounts.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
- Apple is known for creating high-quality ergo products. Have you used the S3? It's massive, too big to keep in your pocket and too large for the average persons hand.
The bigger and bigger screens that mobile phones are going for are creating a form factor problem, even though right now they are touting it as a desirable plus. I thought a 17" laptop was cool when I first got it, but now it's too freaking big from a mobility standpoint. Mobile phones are well on their way there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I can bet that if apple introduced widgets it would be the best thing ever :D

I personally love widgets, I have widgets for my calendar, time and weather, shortcuts for settings which I use often and google reader.

TBH, I think that most people would find widgets very, very useful. But when apple doesnt have them its unneccessary. Right. I hate that look that you only have the app screen.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Some widgets sound like the OS hacks I used to use on Palm devices. There's no way in hell Apple would ever allow such a thing.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I can bet that if apple introduced widgets it would be the best thing ever :D

I personally love widgets, I have widgets for my calendar, time and weather, shortcuts for settings which I use often and google reader.

TBH, I think that most people would find widgets very, very useful. But when apple doesnt have them its unneccessary. Right. I hate that look that you only have the app screen.
I don't use many widgets, but the ones I do are very convenient. I don't think it'd be the same without them.
Anyways, the idea is to get a bigger screen into a smaller form factor. Like the new Razr M, a 4.3 inch screen on a phone which is slightly shorter than the new iPhone. It's certainly possible, and I think we'll see a lot of manufacturers heading down that route. People do love a larger screen, the success of the orangutan that is the Note, shows that.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That can't be real. Seriously.

And what's up with Apple CEOs following the 'I'm so thin, I think I'm gonna die in a few months' look?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I don't use many widgets, but the ones I do are very convenient. I don't think it'd be the same without them.
Anyways, the idea is to get a bigger screen into a smaller form factor. Like the new Razr M, a 4.3 inch screen on a phone which is slightly shorter than the new iPhone. It's certainly possible, and I think we'll see a lot of manufacturers heading down that route. People do love a larger screen, the success of the orangutan that is the Note, shows that.
Yeah, me too. I also dont think I could live without a desktop, instead of going directly to the app drawer.

Attachments

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The iPhone 5 looks great, still the best design out there. I am sure the feel is good too and the build is quality. Shame it was made by a shit company though.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Microsoft is definitely a much better company than Apple. Bill Gates is fucking awesome. The number one person on the planet right now. The kind of work he's done for humans all over the world is insane.

Google's cool because they're always innovative and come up with a lot of good services for free. Gmail's the bomb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)