Inzaghino set for Juve (5 Viewers)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
How do you call Zalayeta's assist today? Lack of passing ability?
I can't call it anything, as I haven't seen it. And I still await your reply to my post where I answered your post, where you thought I had included games where Zala didn't play in his goal statistic. How did you think he'd still been with us for 41 games? Did you think he'd only been here one year?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
support your arguments,what basic things he is not goog at?
to tell you the truth, I think even Del Piero is not good in some basic footballing skills, but still overall he is a very good player

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
support your arguments,what basic things he is not goog at?
to tell you the truth, I think even Del Piero is not good in some basic footballing skills, but still overall he is a very good player
My arguments is that I think he's a bad footballer. I haven't named a any skills he's bad at, cause as I mentioned earlier I think he hardly as any good ones except his size.

I simply recall several games where I've been shocked at how bad he's been, and how I'd rather have more or less anyone else out there instead. Can't mention any special games except the CL final against Milan, as it's been some time. Come to think about he was bad in the game against Barca.

Can you name any games except the game where he scored the brace where he was good?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I think you're missinterpreting the stats Torks. The stats do say 41 games, but he didnt start all of them. It's not like he played all 3690 minutes. He usually went into the play with 10, 15 or 20 minutes to go, and if he did start he was usually out of position on the wing.

So, lets say he got to play around 30 minutes every game. That would be 1230 minutes, or 14 full games. The stats look a bit different now, dont they.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Plus, look at his Coppa Italia stast where he started nearly every game. 5 goals in 9 games IIRC, and with the second team, meaning the service was probably wors than with the first team.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

My arguments is that I think he's a bad footballer. I haven't named a any skills he's bad at, cause as I mentioned earlier I think he hardly as any good ones except his size.

I simply recall several games where I've been shocked at how bad he's been, and how I'd rather have more or less anyone else out there instead. Can't mention any special games except the CL final against Milan, as it's been some time. Come to think about he was bad in the game against Barca.

Can you name any games except the game where he scored the brace where he was good?
like every other player, he has bad games and bad days.
not so long ago I saw Juventus-Olympiakos again, and I was impressed by his performance. I think he can hold the ball, make a little dribble and not lose it, and that's important.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I think you're missinterpreting the stats Torks. The stats do say 41 games, but he didnt start all of them. It's not like he played all 3690 minutes. He usually went into the play with 10, 15 or 20 minutes to go, and if he did start he was usually out of position on the wing.

So, lets say he got to play around 30 minutes every game. That would be 1230 minutes, or 34 full games. The stats look a bit different now, dont they.
Sure, I'm aware, but again, the stats ain't the problem, at least if he was a contributor otherwise. I have full support for strikers who do a lot of work but is low on scoring (Carew is one). The point is that I simply think he's a bad footballer.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Sure, I'm aware, but again, the stats ain't the problem, at least if he was a contributor otherwise. I have full support for strikers who do a lot of work but is low on scoring (Carew is one). The point is that I simply think he's a bad footballer.
Actually, I wish we could have snatched Carew up as a backup to Trezeguet.

If Lazio wants him, how can he be that bad? Zalayeta obviously has some skill if a team like Lazio demands him. Whenever I've seen Marcelo play, I can't say I've been really impressed, but he is a useful player. And as Zlatan said, he almost always used as a sub.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We need 5 strikers in the roster with all the cups and the scudetto. Changing Zalayeta for Inzaghi is useless.

Alex

May 1, 2004
I have heard both sides of argument i.e. Zalayeta is better/Inzaghi is better.

Cut the crap... they both are less than ordinary. The fact that they are both past the stage of being called promising "young talent" says very liitle for our transfer ambitions.

Lets face it if Zalayeta stays than he will play a very minor role. At best he will play in the cup. On the otherhand if S.I. comes i think he to will struggle to break into our lineup or the bench. Why bother making such transactions. Swaping crappy players just gets messy.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Torkel,

I wouldnt so harsh on Zalayeta - As far as I am concerned he had a stunner against Arsenal in CL three years back.;). He abused Campbell that day, especially in the air, and *Surprise* manage to score goals.:eek::D. But I do have to admit that Zala isnt very good player and probably not Juve calibre but then again he never complains when he sits on the bench, always give his best when he is on the pitch (Something David should learn), and doesnt earn fat wage packet. That is good enough for me as a 5th striker, and he could occasionally be thrown into some matches as a big body - Always good tactical variation to have. And who knows he could get much better, and it is after all the year of surprises (Greece, Iraq, Paraguy, Monaco, Porto, Depor, Real, France, Italia, Spain to name some). A little bit work on Zala's balance, co-ordination, and agility would make him so much better.

Jul 28, 2002
zala isnt themost talented player of all time, but he does his job well, and thats of a "big man sub"role.

Upgrading to injaghi would merely be a small upgrade and wouldnt offer a true alternative to trez.

But he did score 4 champions league goals in one game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)