Inzaghino set for Juve (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Zlatan,

I am not so sure Valencia will sell Corradi. They have a lot of forwards, but then again none of them are that impressive IMO. Having Corradi will give them tactical flexibility as his work ethic, and strenght will compliment Aimar, Fiore really well.
Anyway as an alternative to Trezeguet, I am beginning to like Inzaghi. His track record suggests that he can score goal and very good at playing as a lone striker, don't complain too much when he is on the bench, and doesnt earn astronomical sum to sit on the bench. However, this scenario is even better when we consider next season. Since we dont have to spend a cent on a new striker, we will have enough money to really go for Gilardino next season presuming that he stays at Parma.
Beside, there will always be a demand for Inzaghi because of his fame from Premiership so if he doesnt pan out we can simply release him for free.
I am beginning to like this deal.

Jul 28, 2002
pointless move going for corrradi, he aint no spring chicken, and hasnt go tthe worlds best scoring record, i would push for zlatan if i had the choice, or gila if we really had to.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Hey Jun, I didnt make the story up, it's just something I read on sports.it ;)
Haha, you never know. But it doesnt make sense for me - unless John Carew beat Corradi to the job.:eek::D.
John,
I like Zlatan but he will also bring "Supposedly" huge ego, and eccentricity - Something that does not go down well with Juve ranks. Beside, I reckon he is a bit of "Tweener" - Not technical enough to beat out the likes of Tevez, Raul, Totti, Henry or Clinical enough to outscore Trezeguet, Ronaldo, Adriano, et al. We should really go for Gila IMO to go with Tevez (My personal dream), but it won't hurt if he spends a season in Tardini. Getting regular starts IMO is very important for continuing development of Gilardino - He has WC potential but he hasnt quite reached that level yet. Anyway, Trezeguet does what he has to do - That is to score goal via hogging the box for the entire match. There is no way we can play constructive football with Trezeguet and Gila on the same pitch. At least with Trezeguet we know what we will get - 89mins of pure frustration and 1min of sheer joy.;).
Right now, I am willing to settle for Inzaghi, not because he is good, but we can save up some of the money and spend it when it is right to do so. Investing in inadequate player is worse than no signing IMO, and I don't think timing is right for Gila or Tevez. Instead of spending big and trying to win out, I hope we will give chance to our young player and see what they really got with full year of regular football. From then on, we can build on.
Hence, anyone cheap and can contribute will be fine for me.:). Beside, we really need to spend cash for CB rather than FC right now.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm with you,jun.

in fact,if capello actually thinks zala is good enough for the bench and wants to spend the money on a defender instead i'd say go for it:cool:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
If we dont get another striker , we will suffer in europe and serie a cause we dont have depth in our offensive players

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I guess the issue is not whether we have lack of forwards but whether we lack some muscle in that area. Kapo, Olivera, Miccoli, Del Piero are all segunda punta, and if Trezeguet goes down we may lack goal scoring presence in the team, and our forwards would be bit of lightweight.
Nonetheless, as John said we do have desperate cover and in defence well - we are bare naked.:doh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)